Scottish Cabinet out of touch with local views on independence - Official

webfact

Scottish Cabinet Out Of Touch With Local Views On Independence - Official

ORKNEY (Scotland), August 29 (RIA Novosti), Mark Hirst - The MPs and the British cabinet should have no place in the negotiating team that will lead talks with the British Government if residents back Scotland's independence in three weeks, a local community representative living in the constituency of the Secretary of State for Scotland told RIA Novosti.

Alistair Carmichael, a Liberal Democrat MP, who represents the island communities of Orkney and Shetland earlier vowed he would resign from the UK cabinet and hoped to become part of the negotiation team, representing Scotland, if it becomes independent after the September 18 vote.

A community activist and former local newspaper editor Robert Leslie, however, told RIA Novosti Carmichael was simply trying to extend his political career and should not be involved in any post-referendum talks.

“Carmichael is just wanting to slightly prolong that career because he’s already said that he is not going to be in politics forever, so I think he is just wanting to make sure he gets some kind of say in how things go before he ducks out,” Leslie said.

Carmichael told The Scotsman newspaper earlier that following a vote in favor of Scottish independence he would feel obliged to resign.

“It would be difficult to see how you could fit into a cabinet, which was at the point on its way to becoming part of a foreign country,” Carmichael told the paper, adding that he would like to be part of the Scottish negotiations team following a "Yes" vote.

Full story: http://en.ria.ru/world/20140829/192440109/Scottish-Cabinet-Out-Of-Touch-With-Local-Views-On-Independence.html

ria.jpg
-- RIA NOVOSTI 2014-08-29

I can't make head or tail of that report. Maybe it's the translation. Mind you, the Lib/Dems have a good history of the gravy train. At the last election they had fewer MP's than before but went into coalition. This resulted in 30-35% of their MP's becoming ministers in some shape or form, with all the trappings and goodies that go with that.

Now they are working hard to convince us they really are different to the Tories. This guy in Scotland is par for the course - mind you, I think he's on a loser. You can get 7 or 8 to 1 at the bookies for a yes vote. Pretty long odds in a 2 horse race. intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

Apparently if Scotland vote yes on the 18th September, it could become a 3rd world country within 3 years,

I really didn’t think it could improve that quickly...........................coffee1.gif

You are a idiot

• Like 1

Apparently if Scotland vote yes on the 18th September, it could become a 3rd world country within 3 years,

I really didn’t think it could improve that quickly...........................coffee1.gif

You are a idiot

You are illiterate.

• Like 1

That assumes that you can think to be honest.......coffee1.gifw00t.gif

Brian, ............I'm really hurt.......wub.png

Surly your used to banter between --Scots & English,

A while back I was watching Frankie Boyle talk on TV........ "In Scotland we have mixed feelings

.about Global warming, because

. We will get to sit on the mountains

. & watch the English Drown"......................w00t.gif

Anyway its not Idiot.......its eed-ject.... Jimmy

That reminds me - I need to go outside and leave my diesel engine's running all night.

I take your comment as a joke, otherwise you should see a doctor

• Like 1