Penang non o , non seasoned money

Having recently had my retirement visa denied [balance of my account not seasoned] i am thinking of the best options of starting again. I thought i would fly to Penang and get a non o for the purpose of retirement. This will involve transferring 800000 baht from abroad into my Thai bank. Two questions , is it ok that this money has just been transferred [not seasoned] and is it better to have a bank letter stating this amount than use the bank book. Any other useful info much appreciated.

No need to season your money.

If you have an income and some money in the bank in Thailand you can apply for an extension of stay bassed on that. With regards to the combo option the money does not have to be seasoned. (yearly income certified by embassy plus money in the bank in Thailand must be 800,000).

If you have an income and some money in the bank in Thailand you can apply for an extension of stay bassed on that. With regards to the combo option the money does not have to be seasoned. (yearly income certified by embassy plus money in the bank in Thailand must be 800,000).

You missed the OP's topic about being denied his extension at CW for not having the money in the bank for 3 months. It seems they have have a local rule that requires it.

That is what i thought until this week but they denied my extension because my combo money was not seasoned, there is a thread about this but i cant seem to link it.

As to the suggestion about trying Jomtein, the biggest problem i have is that the initial immigration officer gave me an extension stamp signed and paid for, it was the captain at the rear who started going on about no seasoning and stamped my new extension cancelled. This is the problem for the people who want to help, they can not undermine what someone has already done. if i had never been given a stamp in the first place there were probably ways to make this problem go away

As to the suggestion about trying Jomtein, the biggest problem i have is that the initial immigration officer gave me an extension stamp signed and paid for, it was the captain at the rear who started going on about no seasoning and stamped my new extension cancelled. This is the problem for the people who want to help, they can not undermine what someone has already done. if i had never been given a stamp in the first place there were probably ways to make this problem go away

Yes, that's probably a non-starter.

I obtained my single-entry non-O in Penang back in June with no hassles. I submitted the same documentation to the Thai consulate that I would ultimately use at Thai immigrations for my extension. I had just made my money transfer (so it was in no way seasoned) and took copies of my bank book as well as a funds verification letter from the bank. I also submitted a copy of the income verification letter from the US consulate.

The only thing you can do is contact immigration hotline and ask about confirmation if this is indeed the enw policy, which I doubt.

Tel: 1178 or 1111. They can instruct immigration about what to do.

As it isn't in the policy old or new and BKK-immigration tends to follow the official rules closely I suspect this was the action by one immigration official.