Copy China's graft crackdown: Veera

Lite Beer

"Although China is a communist country, I think they are more advanced than some democratic countries ..."

I think?

The countries having indexes lower than 50 compared to China with an index of 80 are predominatly democractic nations of North America, the British Commonwealth or formerly of the British Commenwealth, Eastern and Western Europe, and Pan Pacific. - ref. www.Transparency.org/cpi

Veera needs to heed Gen. Prayuth's policy of only expressing opinions based on fact and not on perception. I fear Veera may be pandering (whether intentional or not) to Gen. Prayuth's ego with feel good comments rather than being fully honest. And isn't that in itself a form of corruption?

Surely not a pooyai talking out of his uninformed backside. Surely not.

It's curious, well to me anyway, that for some reason whenever I see uninformed I always read uniformed, however uniformed usually seems to fit the context regardless.

Maybe take of the "red-shirt", my dear uniformed friend ?

Anyway this Veera chap is a bit extreme even for most conservatives. Gen. Prayuth should have a talk with him, maybe just a reminder that even pro-junta talk can be as disruptive as anti-junta talks.

It's curious, well to me anyway, that for some reason whenever I see uninformed I always read uniformed, however uniformed usually seems to fit the context regardless.

Not an uncommon form of myopia, often caused by the long-term usage of red spectacles, and usually associated with various other inabilities to perceive nuances and accept facts. The condition is exacerbated by prolonged exposure to propaganda, leading to a complete failure to detect bovine excrement.

For further reading, google "gormless".

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Two points -

1. Things in China are not always what they seem and often actions may have a political or personal motivation although LoS is no stranger to this, just ask ' His master's Voice ' Tarit, and

2. China has been charging many very senior officials with corruption but the question is would Thailand ever copy this aspect of a crackdown ?

Thai officialdom has always been very careful about going too far because of implications for the future and possibly involving themselves.

Come back in twenty years time and review Thailand , if Thailand had proper democracy where you have built in checks and balances, why follow China , you will always have someone trying the short cut to riches on the public purse, however the more measures in place the less likely hood of corruption.

I'd love to be able to review in 20 years but fear the Grim Bar Girl will have called by then and taken me to the Great Pattaya in The Sky.

Mind you if no changes to corruption I might be able to buy my way out of it ! cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

I know how U feel NKK, I am now on speaking terms with the undertaker, we just haven't set a date.

• Like 1

Two points -

1. Things in China are not always what they seem and often actions may have a political or personal motivation although LoS is no stranger to this, just ask ' His master's Voice ' Tarit, and

2. China has been charging many very senior officials with corruption but the question is would Thailand ever copy this aspect of a crackdown ?

Thai officialdom has always been very careful about going too far because of implications for the future and possibly involving themselves.

Come back in twenty years time and review Thailand , if Thailand had proper democracy where you have built in checks and balances, why follow China , you will always have someone trying the short cut to riches on the public purse, however the more measures in place the less likely hood of corruption.

I'd love to be able to review in 20 years but fear the Grim Bar Girl will have called by then and taken me to the Great Pattaya in The Sky.

Mind you if no changes to corruption I might be able to buy my way out of it ! cheesy.gif alt=cheesy.gif width=32 height=20>

I know how U feel NKK, I am now on speaking terms with the undertaker, we just haven't set a date.

Maybe we could get a discount, 2 for the price of 1, do you think ?