Ed visa procedures

I am currently studying Thai. In a month I will head back home but return in November. I intend to stay for at least a year after that, with maybe a few short returns home during the year. As I am a genuine student of Thai, and will continue my studies in November I asked my school (small one teacher) if I could get an Ed visa. She told me she would write a letter. Given I have the letter what more do I need to do to secure an Ed visa? Can I return home briefly while on an Ed visa? (Ie multiple entries).

Do I need to organise all this before going home? Or when I come back? Is it easier to just do a retirement visa?

Thanks in anticipation

C

It is much easier and cheaper to get a visa and extension based on retirement.

Documents for an ED-visa depends largely on where you will apply for the visa. In Europe a letter from the school confirming you have registered with them for a study might be enough. In Asia it will not be enough.

You will not get a ED visa with just a letter from the school at any nearby embassy or consulate. You need a document from the Ministry of Education as well.

If you can qualify for a non-o or non-oa visa or an extension of stay from immigration based upon retirement that would be better than the ED visa route. You can still go to school with it.