Documents reguired for retirement visa extentison of stay

This is what I needed last year at Chaengwattana. Have there been any chances?

Passport (signed copies of each page)

Departure Card TM (and copy of it)

Thai Bank Book showing at least 800,000 baht (and copy of it)

Deposit 100 baht more into bank before going to immigration

Letter from Bank (Letter has to match the amount in the bank, including the 100 baht deposit)

Three(1) 4×5 cm photos

Copy of proof of address

Completed application TM-7

One thing that doesn't make sense to me, I was told that at Chaengwattana, the letter from the bank has to be written on the same day of going to immigration, but two K Banks told me that it takes 1 to 2 days to write the letter. How can a person have the letter written on the same day, if it takes 1 to 2 days to have it written?

I made the 100 baht deposit on Monday, and the bank had the letter ready for me today (Tuesday).

Will this be a problem that I made the deposit and the letter was written 4 days in advance?

Last year, there was a K Bank in the Chaengwattana building that wrote the letter for me on the same day, so I hope they will do that again in case there is a problem with the letter that I have now.

Nothing has change, but they will probably want a same day update of the bankbook

I can do a same day update of the bankbook -- what bothers me is that the K Banks I went to told me that the letter takes 1 to 2 days to write, so the letter (unless I can do it at the K bank in the Chaengwattana building again on the same day), will not match the bank book.

I think they want the passport photo page and the most recent and current stamp pages -- not historic ones

fwiw - the OP might want to consider the income method rather than the deposit - if it's appropriate for his circumstances. It's a lot easier - Depending on which embassy. ;)

Edited by jpinx

I think they want the photo page and the most recent and current stamp pages on lt -- not historic ones

I was told every page, and I remember that they took copies of every page last year. I'd rather spend the 1 baht per copy and be prepared, then to not spend it and then end up needing it.

And what dates would be considered current, and what dates would be considered historic?

Edited by SkyRider
  • Like 1