Stallion 150 Cafe Racer

nowadays seen a lot of them on the roads. getting popular in Thailand where yamaha sr400 is 265 k thb!

also seen a modified one, really looks like an old cafe racer from 40 years ago. hard to understand the fact that it is Chinese if modded well.

But i believe, it is not cheap at 66 k thb not same type of bikes of course but just as a comparison, a bit more can get a honda cbr150r with modern tech and better dynamics.

Just had a look at a couple here at the Ryuka showroom here in Chumphon. Very nice looking bikes and the quality doesn't look as bad as some of the chinese offerings. The Cafe and the Cougar are both 63,000 baht which isn't expensive. As a run around town bike it is an option but would want to give it a few months to get some feedback on reliability.

There are two models of the Stallion Centaur, the Cafe Racer and the Classic. They look nice and thais like them. I have seen a 20-30 of them in Khao Yai last Weekend. All modded and some really nice one. Guess a Centaur club ride.

Quality sure isnt the best. Ugly weldings and some cheap looking parts. But its a good base for modding. And then its good enough to join a gentlemans ride smile.png
10603600_286909151517379_397334052277436

If you go on facebook and search for "Centaur Thailand", you'll find that Stallion group. They've organized a copy version of the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride last week I think, so I invited them to come to the 'real' thing. Might well see some of them there.

On that FB group you'll see some very nicely modified bikes. Can't comment on quality though.

I see a lot of these riding around BKK too.

Someone in my building has a Centaur but I have never seen the rider to chat about it.

For 66K, its hard to fault if you can get a few years out of it; but that is the big question.

I hope they do turn out to be reliable.

If in 5 years if they are still running, you could pick one up for very cheap.

Would make a great project bike.

Edited by ttakata

Frame weld quality is atrocious. For example have a close look at the pillion foot peg brackets. Style of the bike is very nice, but in this tropical climate I would expect the frame to fail in months...not years...

Worse then these termignoni exhaust welds?

20140821_131251.jpg

20140821_131259.jpg

They are definitely fake pipes!!!

There's no way Termi would pass those for sale.

Real ones are mostly welded by machine.

I'll try and find a video...

Your in the area go look for yourself. My thai copy pipes were welded better. I would be surprised if the hiso Thonglor Ducati is now selling knock offs

They are definitely fake pipes!!!

There's no way Termi would pass those for sale.

Real ones are mostly welded by machine.

I'll try and find a video...

Your in the area go look for yourself. My thai copy pipes were welded better. I would be surprised if the hiso Thonglor Ducati is now selling knock offs

i never get surprised on these kind of things in Thailand. even i can do better welding as a mechanically challenged person!

I wouldnt buy a bike made in Thailand; how many Tigers do you see on the road these days?

Your statement is a bit stupid, 99.9% of all the small bikes you see in Thailand are made in Thailand.

My guess regarding big bikes (+150cc?) are min 75% made in Thailand, likely more.

I do agree regarding Tiger, I owned one and I can say without blinking an eye that is was the worst piece of shit I ever owned.

I don't know about the Stallions.

• 2 weeks later...

Frame weld quality is atrocious. For example have a close look at the pillion foot peg brackets. Style of the bike is very nice, but in this tropical climate I would expect the frame to fail in months...not years...

20140821_131251.jpg

20140821_131259.jpg

This is how they should look like:post-143096-0-47739400-1410868941_thumb.

20140821_131251.jpg

20140821_131259.jpg

Back home we used to call welds like that 'Cocky S h 1 t'! And I would be surprised if those pipes have ever been inside the Termignoni factory.

• 1 year later...

If only I were 4 inches shorter and about100kg lighter I would buy one tomorrow, they are such a laugh, saw 4 of them yesterday, all sounding great, looking cool.

Watch out Mr Nippon, these Chinese fellas are going to take your market, they are bringing fun back into bikes, while you are all busy doing recalls.