Fun car 1mil baht - What would you choose?

BBesoteric

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My neighbor has a horse for sale, under 1 million.

The turbos however come on randomly, usually higher chance after eating.

Blue books included?

1hp would be a economical ride!

Maybe a magic carrot to get the Turbo working is included ?

good topic

There are some nice 'classic' motors on baht sold atm

a 928 which looks clean enough altho something doesn't seem right (can't put my finger on it)

also a maserati Ghibli which looks ok apart from the dreadful interior colour

and a more recent mazda rx7 which looked decent

good topic

There are some nice 'classic' motors on baht sold atm

a 928 which looks clean enough altho something doesn't seem right (can't put my finger on it)

also a maserati Ghibli which looks ok apart from the dreadful interior colour

and a more recent mazda rx7 which looked decent

I agree, seems they've done a body kit of some sort? The nose seems too long and narrow as well. I'm wondering how much xtra plastic is under that paint to form the body. No interior pics either..

Yep they widened out the body with flairs and such and the nose is longer and different..

1978_Porsche_928_Brown_Coupe_For_Sale_Fr

I'd definitely opt for Rx7 looks real nice and there is nothing like the buttery smooth power of a rotary. It's a real head turner but definitely NOT a 2011 so not sure what that's all about? They stopped manufacturing them several years prior to the new Rx8 which came out in 2004.

Edited by WarpSpeed

I'd definitely opt for Rx7 looks real nice and there is nothing like the buttery smooth power of a rotary. It's a real head turner but definitely NOT a 2011 so not sure what that's all about? They stopped manufacturing them several years prior to the new Rx8 which came out in 2004.

2011 would be the first year it was road taxed in Thailand, it came over in 2010 in 10 different pieces and was welded back together by a thai guy someone wearing flip flops and sunglasses using a 30 year old stick welder to do the job.

Edited by Spoonman
  • Like 2

How do i find the torque steer and understeer.

Torque steer: occasionally. The anti slip cuts in...you have a little orange lamp going on for a mili second or so....and you are fine. I find it sometimes a little daunting when on a steep slippery (rain) hill....and the gear shifts down and turbo kicks in...wheelspin.

Understeer: pretty good, no issues. Maybe some call me crazy but I did find my previous car, the Ford Focus TDCI slightly more balanced in corners, albeit a little nose heavy. It felt just a tiny little bit more planted.

The adaptive shocks work quite well and you definitely feel the difference between sport and comfy set up.

Here in Phuket i get an average of 10l/100km and my work trip goes over hills. I have seen just under 9l/100km on a trip to Krabi, but also easily 11plus on mostly city traffic.

Pretty ok I think. My TDCI was about 2-2.5l less on average.

Love the seats in the car...

For all it matters why not also think about Volvo. Either new, the V40 has a nice powerful engine and goes for 1.69m or a 2nd hand S60 with the 1.6 turbo engine. Pretty decent power, nothing too exciting. Great interiors and i think to have seen 2 year old cars for around 1m.

Thanks for all your great points.

Actually im happy to see a bunch of enthusiasts here and linking pics and ideas.

The diesel utes that constantly have the turbo whistling is rather annoying. It would drive me nuts on a long drive.

The VW is a great choice. My friend has a 2012 model all blacked out and upgraded turbo system. It flies! There was a recent sleeper 3.6 golf r32 bi turbo smashing super cars on the euro drags that have 1/4 mile, 1/2mile and 1mile times.

1mil for that vw doesn't seem bad.

How do you find the torque steer and understeer on a fwd turbo?

Also that old mr2 is a nice car, but on thai roads in the wet would be quite dangerous. I suppose it would take time to get used to driving a mid/rear engine car. But I've heard the mkii mr2 have a real go kart feel to them.