Stop by immigration upon entering at Suvarnabhumi Airport

I work from my laptop for Malaysian company. I report to them. A client sent email to company in Malaysia and forward to me for consultation. The business does not involve Thailand and i don't get paid by any company in Thailand or by Thai people. My income is paid by Malaysian.

You are not allowed to do that. So if you can get away with it and just show the 40k you should be very happy smile.png

Actually recently the immigration official in ChiangMai said it could be done. There was a whole topic about it on Thaivisa. (havent heard of the BKK one countering this)

Also it seems the immigration officials that were talking to him did not care about it as it was comming from outside of Thailand.. Further support of the statement made by the immigration official in Chiangmai.

He told the immigration officer he didn't work. So you are not telling the truth.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work from my laptop for Malaysian company. I report to them. A client sent email to company in Malaysia and forward to me for consultation. The business does not involve Thailand and i don't get paid by any company in Thailand or by Thai people. My income is paid by Malaysian.

You are not allowed to do that. So if you can get away with it and just show the 40k you should be very happy smile.png

of course you are allowed to do this, how can you write all the time wrong statements?

you should care about your situation and work, if you work for company s outside thailand, you are not working by thai law!

• Like 1

get a new passport start again with tourist visa is much cheaper to do this, and if happen again keep getting new passport ;-)

Once again i will write to refute this foolish notion that new passport cleans the slate.I see you are new,but even you must have noticed the computer screen that immi. officer look at as you enter Thailand.I would hazard a guess to say all data about arriving/leaving Thailand are in there.

get a new passport start again with tourist visa is much cheaper to do this, and if happen again keep getting new passport ;-)

Once again i will write to refute this foolish notion that new passport cleans the slate.I see you are new,but even you must have noticed the computer screen that immi. officer look at as you enter Thailand.I would hazard a guess to say all data about arriving/leaving Thailand are in there.

Of course is there but what matters is the first look. So it helps in various cases.

You do work while in Thailand (with your laptop) and don't pay tax in Thailand. This is illegal.

Illegal only for you (retirees) he explain to the immigration officers that he work in Thailand to a Malayan company an that is not the problem at all, just to get the right visa.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753621-digital-nomad-online-workers-permission/

I am working online too, not so nomad right now, living with my thai GF for more than 3 years far away to be a retiree, I like what I do and get paid for my hobby.

Don't listen these kind of nonconstructive comments is just people wasting your scrolling space area just plain ignore them. (not feed the troll)

If you have problems showing the money right now to get the right visa you can get a tourist visa as some others user suggest.

You need to speak with your boss and ask to your company to get a legal document about your earns, just to show or to prove that your income is 40k or more, I did that before (not in Thailand) should be easy and fast, but ask first what Thai Immigrations needs probably you will need to do some embassy/ translate workout but that should work in long terms, you need to ask them about your multiple entry needs too and again talk with your company and immigration Thailand.

I think if your company allowed you to work offsite is because they trust in you, no problem to ask for these especial request.

He don't even have a visa. So of course it's illegal. The quote and posts here are about the OP. Not about other people with different visas............

HI,

Sorry to say but most of the story attached to the topic is irrelevant. I notice quite a few people on TV tend to attach a story to the question as if it has any impact on the conclusion. Bit like when someone attaches a story for an overstay question, it just doesn't matter.

Immigration at that point don't have access to your life history and activities within Thailand when they swipe your passport and isnt relevant anyway. As far as I know immigration are not linked to instant access on marriages, children, property ownership etc etc. I'm not sure they even have your visa history in front of them and to be honest would they really have the time to asses with the amount of people going through the airport.

All that really matters at the point when your at the desk is your last entry/exit, what history is in your passport and what kind of visa you intend to enter on.

As other people have said, just get a multi non O, simple !

Just focus in the comments that help you, some of this old people with luck can clean their own ass without help choosing a very sad life, still living on the old times that they knew closed in their minds, Ubonjoe and Paz and many other members are very helpful, you don't need to worry about what is illegal or not here in the forum, try to get the help from your company and some help in thai immigration, some IO officers are really helpful and they can understand your situation (being married) all they want is stop real illegal workers stealing jobs from Thai people and mostly because the abuse of Chinese, Russians South Koreans and Vietnamese, all this crack down come from stuff like this.

2011 http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/484790-phuket-authorities-to-tackle-illegal-russian-korean-tour-agents/

before the crackdown start

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/727092-thai-immigration-border-insecurity-mounts-as-tourist-visa-abuse-is-targeted/

So just need to be clear that you are not incurring in any kind of illegal work and that you really have your work and your income and etc from Malaysia

• Like 2