Is this a real relationship or have I bought a girlfriend?

Sigurris

Interesting. I am new to this forum, sort of feeling my way around. My situation is that I came over to Thai back in May and was a houseguest of a woman who regards me as her "father". We traveled all over Thailand, went to Samset, and I was introduced as family. I also taken to meet and chat with a monk at the Wat on the grounds of the Royal Palace... Ven. Pichtir Thitavanno. I was not allowed to spend any of my own money. One of her friends has offered to marry me so I can stay in Thailand. She owns two homes side by side and would put me up in one. There is a whole bevy of young people who call me "grandfather". I have been with them while they performed at various exhibits and functions, even a very formal funeral for an elderly lady. Strange feeling being the only white face in a huge crowd with all kinds of dignitaries and monks running around.

I mean, I can go on and on about the way I was treated... and now I am wondering just what I have gotten myself into. I am back home in the States and I am being told I am missed and I need to return to my "family".... which will be happening in mid-October.

So, the question is: What in hell is going on here? I am 71, a LONG way from being rich....post-219988-0-97182500-1409981397_thumb.

• Like 1

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am enjoying this, its like therapy for the working classes!

So lets see how the haters turn the next installment into dirt.

Last night my gf told me that my cleaner (who has looked after me for two years) had to resign as she is opening a business. Since I work full time here and I like clean and tidy I said we would look for a new cleaner. My gf said we didn't need to as she was quite capable of looking after the condo.

So no more cleaner and I save over 4K a month. Aah the bitter boys will see her playing the long game here. More money for her to siphon from me.

Interesting. I am new to this forum, sort of feeling my way around. My situation is that I came over to Thai back in May and was a houseguest of a woman who regards me as her "father". We traveled all over Thailand, went to Samset, and I was introduced as family. I also taken to meet and chat with a monk at the Wat on the grounds of the Royal Palace... Ven. Pichtir Thitavanno. I was not allowed to spend any of my own money. One of her friends has offered to marry me so I can stay in Thailand. She owns two homes side by side and would put me up in one. There is a whole bevy of young people who call me "grandfather". I have been with them while they performed at various exhibits and functions, even a very formal funeral for an elderly lady. Strange feeling being the only white face in a huge crowd with all kinds of dignitaries and monks running around.

I mean, I can go on and on about the way I was treated... and now I am wondering just what I have gotten myself into. I am back home in the States and I am being told I am missed and I need to return to my "family".... which will be happening in mid-October.

So, the question is: What in hell is going on here? I am 71, a LONG way from being rich....attachicon.gifShotgun1.JPG

Yeah what the hell is going on Papa-G?!?!

You need to start you're own thread and provide a bit more back story.

Nice photo BTW.

So, the question is: What in hell is going on here? I am 71, a LONG way from being rich....attachicon.gifShotgun1.JPG

Nice photo BTW.

Nice photo BTW.

Nice photo BTW.

Nice photo BTW.

Nice photo BTW.

I am enjoying this, its like therapy for the working classes!

So lets see how the haters turn the next installment into dirt.

Last night my gf told me that my cleaner (who has looked after me for two years) had to resign as she is opening a business. Since I work full time here and I like clean and tidy I said we would look for a new cleaner. My gf said we didn't need to as she was quite capable of looking after the condo.

So no more cleaner and I save over 4K a month. Aah the bitter boys will see her playing the long game here. More money for her to siphon from me.

You misunderstood,

She will keep it clean and you give her the cleaners wage.

(Just kidding)

Homely woman your own age is sometimes free.

But most of us can afford better than that.

PS

I like a woman at least 20 years younger than me, attractive, and will have sex whenever I want.

If you can find me one of those for free ..... goodonyer.

But until she rocks up, I have enough to pay for the woman I want.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

To me sounds like her wages were very low and her travling expenses very high, my last TGF on a very good packet complianed that she was spending 200 both ways for taxi to come see me, of course she was too lazy to take the MRT and 200 was during peek hour, i could get down town and back for that, never the less i coughed up, well wasnt to long after she thought i should pay for her masters degree too.

PS: My opinion... only send money to her parents once you have met them and there is a very good reason to send it. We all want to help as I said before, but culturally, they are not your responsibility ... yet anyway.

Rubbish!

That whole "cultural" flannel is just something foreign guys roll out to make paying a girlfriend/wife a monthly stipend LOOK respectable.

I wonder if any of those guys who nail their flag to this classic ever gave their Western ex-wives' parents a dime.

The OP shouldn't give the parents an effin' penny.

How did they manage before he came along? Perfectly well, I'd imagine

I built my first wife's parents a new house on their land (farm) in Texas. When they died they left the 500 acre farm and home to my wife. It is quite common in America to help out the family of your wife or vice versa. Cypress Hill don't people in your country (I assume England correct me if I'm wrong) help out the wife's parents as they get older?

PS: My opinion... only send money to her parents once you have met them and there is a very good reason to send it. We all want to help as I said before, but culturally, they are not your responsibility ... yet anyway.

Rubbish!

That whole "cultural" flannel is just something foreign guys roll out to make paying a girlfriend/wife a monthly stipend LOOK respectable.

I wonder if any of those guys who nail their flag to this classic ever gave their Western ex-wives' parents a dime.

Sorry... but are you responding to what I said or to the original poster? For though I wouldn't have put things the way you did exactly... I was saying the same thing.

Rubbish!

Those skinheads who threw rocks at you as a kid in London musta taken a real toll on your psyche, huh mate?

Edited by JLCrab

Rubbish!

I built my first wife's parents a new house on their land (farm) in Texas. When they died they left the 500 acre farm and home to my wife. It is quite common in America to help out the family of your wife or vice versa. Cypress Hill don't people in your country (I assume England correct me if I'm wrong) help out the wife's parents as they get older?

Soooo, your comparing Texas to Thailand....well alrightey then. blink.png

Edited by lapd

Rubbish!

CH wrote, "I wonder if any of those guys who nail their flag to this classic ever gave their Western ex-wives' parents a dime.

I wrote, "I built my first wife's parents a new house on their land (farm) in Texas."

That OK with you ? facepalm.gif

Edited by thailiketoo

Rubbish!

Hell, no.

A lot of the pensioners in England are pretty well off.

I think it's the kids and grandkids who are borrowing off THEM these days laugh.png

Hellohello123 and AnotherOneAmerican ... There are some of us guys who are in that 5 or 10% that attracts women of all ages. Handsome perhaps but I would say more like confident, in shape, look smart and fun to be with ... Hopefully it lasts a bit longer as my life has been great so far....

The OP is perhaps also in the same boat and can attract great girls.

Don't be jealous just work on yourself and your game....

Just saying wink.png

Confidence attracts a lot of women, good for you (seriously), not many women like a wimpy, self conscious man unless she is a dominant character

Feel free to disagree with me (no offence will be taken) but

for a 50-60 year old to get with a 21 yr old in thailand are one of:

- You must look like richard gere or George Clooney

- You must look seriously younger

- You have the charm and sales skills to sell Ice to Eskimos

- She is damaged goods and has to settle for you

- You and her both give gollum a run for his money in an ugly competition

- You are stinkinging rich (or stinking rich in their eyes)/have a visa to a country they want out

The majority of the people seem to be in the last half

Just my opinion wink.png

- They Wouldn't have a clue who Gere or Clooney are so it won't be this

- And you'd still look too old for a 21 y.o - It won't be this

- Doubt any 21 y.o Thai has the brain cacapity for this. Young, dumb and ,,,,,,, It won't be this

- If if she is damaged goods, she don;t know it at 21. She still thinks she worth a packet - It won't be this

- Ugly. You think 21 yo think they are ugly, even if they really are. Ever wonder why thai women [of all ages in fact] take so many selfies.. ?? - It won't be this

- Your Stinking rich - It can ONLY be this!!!!

Edited by Straight8

They Wouldn't have a clue who Gere or Clooney are so it won't be this

- And you'd still look too old for a 21 y.o - It won't be this

- Doubt any 21 y.o Thai has the brain cacapity for this. Young, dumb and ,,,,,,, It won't be this

- If if she is damaged goods, she don;t know it at 21. She still thinks she worth a packet - It won't be this

- Ugly. You think 21 yo think they are ugly, even if they really are. Ever wonder why thai women [of all ages in fact] take so many selfies.. ?? - It won't be this

- Your Stinking rich - It can ONLY be this!!!!

After me my ex wife, the sweetest little Texas trophy wife in the world, went through 3 millionaires before she found that would marry her with no prenup. Some things go without saying.

PS they all still know who George Clooney is.

post-187908-0-08735300-1410092158_thumb.

A lot of men in the west end up paying at the break up of a relationship...I earn more than my Thai wife, she is good with money and so am I . I didnt marry a dullard, I married a woman that I was attracted to both physically emotionally and mentally. I take pride in being able to support my wife and my son. All relationships are based on more than just hollywood style romance. In the days of the hunter gatherer not many women would have been attracted to a man that couldnt take responsibility and help provide for the family. People get a little silly when money gets added to the equation, but its basically the same principle. I am willing to help ANYONE that I can see is trying to make something of their life, so why wouldnt that include a woman that I love? I earn money not only for myself but to share it with others, as long as I can see that its a good investment. That investment does not necessarily need to result in me being financially better off....Too many men on here seem to lump all Thai women in the same category, that of prostitutes. That says more about them than it does about the reality of Thailand and Thai people. There is nothing wrong with prostitution BUT please DONT just assume that we all married one.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I suggest you get the book Thai Fever. It's for Thai-Farang couples that discusses the cultural differences. Written in English and Thai.

http://thailandfever.com/book_intro.html

One of the key points in that book that stuck with me is that Thais (and perhaps Asians in general) don't separate money and affection. They are interlinked. So by paying her and her family you are showing your affection. In the west it not like that which is why that sort of financial arrangement is often views as an insincere relationtionship based on material things.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Often times it can be an insincere arrangement of convenience under the guise of this cultural thing. Of course the guys always want to believe it's sincere and there are no shortage of stories of how wrong that can often be.

Thailand fever is a very good book. Written in English on the left page and Thai on the right hand page so everybody knows where they are at. Its only a short book which you can read in an hour or so. Don't worry about buying a Thai bride as ALL brides in Thailand are bought, it called a sin sod and the link below is the best explanation and advice about sin sod I've found.

http://usa.siam-legal.com/family-law/thai-dowry.php

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I suggest you get the book Thai Fever. It's for Thai-Farang couples that discusses the cultural differences. Written in English and Thai.

http://thailandfever.com/book_intro.html

One of the key points in that book that stuck with me is that Thais (and perhaps Asians in general) don't separate money and affection. They are interlinked. So by paying her and her family you are showing your affection. In the west it not like that which is why that sort of financial arrangement is often views as an insincere relationtionship based on material things.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Often times it can be an insincere arrangement of convenience under the guise of this cultural thing. Of course the guys always want to believe it's sincere and there are no shortage of stories of how wrong that can often be.

Thailand fever is a very good book. Written in English on the left page and Thai on the right hand page so everybody knows where they are at. Its only a short book which you can read in an hour or so. Don't worry about buying a Thai bride as ALL brides in Thailand are bought, it called a sin sod and the link below is the best explanation and advice about sin sod I've found.

http://usa.siam-legal.com/family-law/thai-dowry.php

Both very good info....

She is very poor, she is looking for a foreigner on the internet. The main reason is money.

Nothing wrong with it, you just need to be honest with yourself.

Hopefully she stays with you for financial reasons AND love.

Many girls in the West also looks for guys who have more money than themselves, even though it is nowadays kinda taboo to talk about

• Like 1

Rubbish!

CH wrote, "I wonder if any of those guys who nail their flag to this classic ever gave their Western ex-wives' parents a dime.

I wrote, "I built my first wife's parents a new house on their land (farm) in Texas."

That OK with you ? facepalm.gif

What does that have to do with Thailand? A completely different culture with very different values. Top to bottom right to left inside out. About as different as different can be. blink.pngblink.pngblink.png

Edited by lapd