New Visa Requirements in English

We all know the new Visa regs came into effect on August 29th.

On the Thai Immigration website (Bangkok Immigration, http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/popup_anounce.html) they list four points on the entry page however there were many more points that were said to be changed. When clicking on the links to the Royal Thai Police Orders (http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/2notice/327_2557.pdf) and the Order of the Immigration Bureau (http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/2notice/138_2557.pdf) they display pages in Thai.. As foreigners require these for a correct understanding I would have thought there would be an English Translation supplied.

Anyone know where to find the English Versions?

They were posted in a topic on this forum last month.

Both are available for download here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/3139-useful-immigration-information-visa-descriptions/

Ubon Joe

Just been re-reading the threads to which you refer in some detail.

One thing that still appears ambiguous to me....

What happens if one is on overstay of (say) 5 days and is apprehended rather than reports oneself?

Is it "Overstay less than 1 year, forbidden 5 years" which is an exact quote from the regulations, **OR** do you still think that what you said earlier applies, which was:

"Apprehended is a ban for any amount of overstay. Unless you have seen something different.

But I think there would be a little flexibility for short overstays.

I think we will have to wait until the rules are published to know if there is anything different other what has been announced,"

I refer to your post #11 here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/745684-still-time-to-clear-your-overstay-without-blacklisting/?p=8146315

**OR** is it still open to interpretation?

Thank you.

The new overstay rules have not been approved yet. Until they are officially released after approval we will not know anything more about them.

Thanks for the super-quick answer UbonJoe biggrin.png

Must be my bad, 'cos I thought the new rules came into effect August 29th as (apparently) did the OP whistling.gif

Edited by VBF

Only the new police orders for extensions of stay went into effect on the 29th.

I think the overstay rules are being done as a ministerial regulation which requires cabinet approval. Until yesterday there wasn't one to do the approval.

I think the overstay rules are being done as a ministerial regulation which requires cabinet approval. Until yesterday there wasn't one to do the approval.

Makes life a touch tricky, doesn't it? rolleyes.gif

We wait and see...... thanks again UJ

Ubonjoe,

I read through the links you supplied and I don't find anything with regards to the maximum study time for ED visa support or minimum weekly study requirements.. Are these on other documents or did they not change?

Ubonjoe,

I read through the links you supplied and I don't find anything with regards to the maximum study time for ED visa support or minimum weekly study requirements.. Are these on other documents or did they not change?

From clause 2.9 of 327/2557

"(2) In case of non-formal school, each permission shall be granted for a period certified by the educational institution, for no more than 90 days, total length of stay shall not exceed one year from the date of entering the Kingdom."

The minimum study hours are set by the MOE not immigration. They supply the documents required by immigration to get the extension.

I have never seen 18 months mentioned as the limit on extensions of stay ( it is not a visa). The 12 months from date of entry has been discussed for weeks now.

The MOE has nothing to do with the length of stay other than providing the documents needed for immigration.

Ubon Joe,

Recently there was a posting that included a PDF that when opened listed Visa types on the left with the adjacent column on the right detailing the requirements for each with the new changes(where applicable) in bold-face type. Very convenient, quick reference.

I thought I had downloaded it but apparently not and now I can't find it here! Can you help???

Much appreciated!

Joe in Chiang Mai

Ubon Joe,

Recently there was a posting that included a PDF that when opened listed Visa types on the left with the adjacent column on the right detailing the requirements for each with the new changes(where applicable) in bold-face type. Very convenient, quick reference.

I thought I had downloaded it but apparently not and now I can't find it here! Can you help???

Much appreciated!

Joe in Chiang Mai

I think you mean extensions of stay not visas.

Perhaps this one Immigration Bureau Order 327/2557 basis for extension of stay