Back-up Parking: Poll

Morakot

Perpendicular parking  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Should we add an option for both?

I park back-in at the office for a quick getaway and front-in at Tesco for ease of loading the shopping.

yes.

I sometimes see people at Makro taking up to 5 minutes to elegantly back in their parking space - then when they come out, they have to either carry everything to the back or sometimes they drive the car out first and then load the back.

But I also think a lot of people do not use the trunk because they got an LPG tank there and no space left, especially for smaller cars like handa city or toyota corolla.

Parallel parking, back in usually, unless there's heaps of room.. Otherwise it depends, but usually front first.

NZer Peter Bell in 2010 broke the world record for tightest parallel parking with parking a car in a space just 27cm longer than the car. I know peter, good dude.

• Like 1

Some Thais park front in first at home bec there is a believe that parking with the front away from the home increases the possibility that you have to leave soon again...

Parking with the exhaust pipe near to a (house)wall on the same spot regulary will (after some time) leave a black, oily spot on it.

For me it's always "combat-ready" back in first parking; reverse in moving traffic - why should one do this?

I do both. In covered malls I back in while let's say at your outdoor parking found at a local supercenter I do the opposite.

However if the mall parking is empty I may drive through two adjoining spots and park at the outside given the appearance that I backed in, but in reality I did the opposite. Challenging stuff this.