Not a topic about marriage or divorce...about friendship...

thaipopsy

I am THai married with a Farang, and we have Farang-Thai couples friends....We are in our 50's. My husband like very much one Aussie friend that it is married with a Thai, and we were frequenting them often because they also live near by. But his wife is very insecure, thinking that my husband may be not a good influence to her husband..

After our last meeting, this woman send me a message saying that she think that my husband is "brain washing" her husband, and do not want him to be around us anymore. I told this to my husband and advice him not to look for his friend again.

He is reluctant in tell his friend about the situation because he do not want to creates problems to his friend's marriage, even if is friend commented many times that his wife is very controlling and demanding..

My husband is keeping distance now, but it is very unhappy with that, thinking that his friend doesn't know the reasons for that....He may be wondering about ..and that his wife may lie about.

He do not know what will be right to do if his friend ask about. My husband is asking my opinion, and I said to him that the best will be just forget about the friendship, and let them alone. I knew before his wife for years, and I know she is a bitch.

What will be your advice?

Edited by thaipopsy

Seen similar before, and experienced the same. The wife (named as bitch) no doubt feels insecure for good reason. Could either be her past, and/or the present. If your hubby is worldly wise in matters of Thai girl/wife scams, the bitch will have realised this and will not want her gullible other half to be informed of what's going on in front of his eyes, or be quietly guided in how he should protect himself or his assets. Just a hunch. Could be wrong. But it's a very familiar pattern which you describe!

Seen similar before, and experienced the same. The wife (named as bitch) no doubt feels insecure for good reason. Could either be her past, and/or the present. If your hubby is worldly wise in matters of Thai girl/wife scams, the bitch will have realised this and will not want her gullible other half to be informed of what's going on in front of his eyes, or be quietly guided in how he should protect himself or his assets. Just a hunch. Could be wrong. But it's a very familiar pattern which you describe!

And of course it could be a controling husband influnced by an equaly controling mate now couldnt it be?

And of course it could be a controling husband influnced by an equaly controling mate now couldnt it be?

Yep, you are absolutely correct, it could be. But the likelihood is the bitch really is a bitch, and the gullible other half will get a shock one morning when she rolls over and says 'me no love you anymore'!

Many foreigners living with a thai woman underestimate or are very unaware about the thai classsytem. This plays a huge part when friendships are desired with other couples. In general we treat each others as equal, in a foreign land. Thais however know their place, wrong IMO, in society. Narrowminded vs openminded.....

• Like 1

Tell your husband to talk to his friend in private and explain the situation.Then if your husband and friend agree you can all meet with the friend and his wife and talk this through with her. Then the wife will see that you are genuinely interested in mutual friendship and have a better understanding of the friendship and you can find out why she feels the way she does.

1. Calling your husband "farang" is unacceptable in polite western society, never refer to anyone by race.

2. As a man, I've found it never to be a good idea to allow meetings between my female and any friends female. If they are both Thai, unlikely they will be in the same social class, and they will argue and fight. If one is Thai and one foreign, the foreign wife will feel threatened by the Thai wife (or assume the Thai wife was a sex worker of some sort).

3. Don't ever swap contact details with foreign people you don't know. Not really done in the west, and as you have found, quickly leads to problems (if you hadn't swapped contact details, she wouldn't have been able to message you, and you wouldn't have this problem).

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

One post in violation of the above has been removed.