Did she invite all her friends to the wedding?

thailiketoo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If it works for you then good luck. I assume she is happy enough with you or she wouldn't have married you and introduced you to all her friends and family.

You are probably the best person to realise if that it fake or not. If it makes you happy and you do't leave yourself where you could end up penniless and on the streets regretting your choices in life then just go with the flow and enjoy life.

Yes, you collected money but how much did the wedding cost? How much did you pay? or will pay in the future?

Were those friends? - probably. the whole village come to weddings. just in case someone did not know about the wedding they play the music super loud. every then is officially invited.

Had dinner music. No big speakers. I don't live in a village. So , no the village did not come.

Had some beer and liquor but not much and most of it left after everyone left.

Boy did you miss the point of the thread. The point was she invited her friends to our wedding because she was proud to marry me. She told the world and posted pictures. Since the house was new there were only a couple of families from the neighborhood there.

I missed it as well, what is the point of the thread? About her inviting her friends?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse.

Sometimes we miss the obvious. Our friends brought money. The money paid for the food and fun at the wedding. She invited them to share in our joy not as some have implied for a free party. She was proud to introduce me to her friends and family as I was proud to introduce her to mine.

Sometimes it is what it is. If someone wants to steal from you they do it in the middle of the night when you are asleep or hit you over the head. If someone likes/loves you they want to marry you.

As a 40 year old Thai woman, she's done very well for herself. Her friends will think so too. Love? That would be a bonus.

Thank you for sharing your story with us thailiketoo. I for one am very happy to read a positive story on this forum.

Best wishes to you and your new wife..

Posted from my phone using predictive text, please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors.

• Like 1

Yes, you collected money but how much did the wedding cost? How much did you pay? or will pay in the future?

Were those friends? - probably. the whole village come to weddings. just in case someone did not know about the wedding they play the music super loud. every then is officially invited.

Had dinner music. No big speakers. I don't live in a village. So , no the village did not come.

Boy did you miss the point of the thread. The point was she invited her friends to our wedding because she was proud to marry me. She told the world and posted pictures. Since the house was new there were only a couple of families from the neighborhood there.

Who would not invite their friends to a free party?

The guests paid for the food, booze, tent rental, tables and chairs and 20 of her lady friends came the night before and stayed up all night doing the decorations. I didn't know if that was clear.

Ok. Everywhere else in the world groom invites friends and bride invites friends. Why would you think any respect is aimed at you because she invited her friends?

• Like 1

The guests paid for the food, booze, tent rental, tables and chairs and 20 of her lady friends came the night before and stayed up all night doing the decorations. I didn't know if that was clear.

Ok. Everywhere else in the world groom invites friends and bride invites friends. Why would you think any respect is aimed at you because she invited her friends?

That was the point. Getting married in Thailand is the same; regardless of the fact that the bride may be younger than the groom or of a different nationally. Stated another way; in Thailand people get married for similar reasons that they get married anywhere in the world even to Farang.

Edited by thailiketoo

That was the point. Getting married in Thailand is the same; regardless of the fact that the bride may be younger than the groom or of a different nationally. Stated another way; in Thailand people get married for similar reasons that they get married anywhere in the world even to Farang.

Granted. Why ask the original question? You love her, she loves you, no forum requiered to put your mind at rest. Sleep happily tonight in her arms.

Granted. Why ask the original question? You love her, she loves you, no forum requiered to put your mind at rest. Sleep happily tonight in her arms.

I don't know if love has anything to do with it. My point was she likes you because she is willing to tell the world you are her husband and not the back door man.

I don't know if love has anything to do with it. My point was she likes you because she is willing to tell the world you are her husband and not the back door man.

Dont know her myself? Is the question about you or a theoretical situation?

Many people try and judge Thai culture by their own and come up not having any idea what is really going on here in Thailand.

When a person does something they are ashamed of they hide it under the rug. When a person does something they are proud of they broadcast it to the world.

Too many on Thai Visa stereotype everyone with negative impressions because there is an age difference between married adults instead of looking at the two people and friends and family and observing the relationship working.

I lived with my wife a few years before we got married and we got married a few years ago.

Our happiness and success is based on two people trying to get along and helping one another. It is not based on similar ages or mutual likes and dislikes. I don't like everything she does but I compromise. She doesn't like everything I like but she comprises.

So you got married to a Thai, what's the big deal then?

You have just fulfilled many Thai women's dream...she has had the Thai wedding to make all her friends and family happy...she gains prestige while not losing face...the parents are proud...the pictures captured the special moment...now kickback, relax and enjoy the fruits of your investment...

Money and the show of marriage...is important to most Thai women...

• Like 1

You have just fulfilled many Thai women's dream...she has had the Thai wedding to make all her friends and family happy...she gains prestige while not losing face...the parents are proud...the pictures captured the special moment...now kickback, relax and enjoy the fruits of your investment...

Money and the show of marriage...is important to most Thai women...

Do you know another nationality where it is not important?

Dont know her myself? Is the question about you or a theoretical situation?

It was advice for you.

I married a woman. I found out how much she cared for me when she introduced me to all her family and friends.

I do not wish to say you are trolling but maybe so.

You may be sincere but I doubt it.

Free food, free booze? Whole village will turn up. Like you for the day, possibly like you for ever.

You live where you live and know the locals. Married today, kudos. Happy? Your life. Have no idea why you need the approval of an anonymous forum to justify your decisions in life.

Hope all goes well.

I married a woman. I found out how much she cared for me when she introduced me to all her family and friends.

Free food, free booze? Whole village will turn up. Like you for the day, possibly like you for ever.

You live where you live and know the locals. Married today, kudos. Happy? Your life. Have no idea why you need the approval of an anonymous forum to justify your decisions in life.

Hope all goes well.

such a ray of sunshine.

I guess you have a lot of free time.

Hope all goes well.

such a ray of sunshine.

I guess you have a lot of free time.

Seriously hope all is well.

So what, it's like those 'I went to immigration and got my extension today' posts. Nice for who ever but of no interest to anyone else, have you got anything interesting to tell us?

• Like 1

What's love got to do with it??

In many countries, love is not necessary for a good mariage.

A hundred years or so ago it was not a factor anywhere...even in the romantic USA....

You got married, if love developed later,,,,good for you.

Keep in mind, it is not uncommon for a Thai couple to be married a very long time and never say "I love you." to each other.

Be happy if you have a good mariage....and happier if you find some love too!

Roll the dice and hope for the best that you don't wind up in a loveless marriage? Seems foreign to me...

A few years ago I had assembled a project team and one of the team members was a young Pakistani lady with an MBA... I took a chance on her as this was her first real job after leaving graduate school... She was one of the most beautiful women I have every had the pleasure to know... A few months into the project, she let me know that she had to take 2 weeks off and her reason was that she was getting married... Her family had arranged a marriage for her to a man she had never met...

So what, it's like those 'I went to immigration and got my extension today' posts. Nice for who ever but of no interest to anyone else, have you got anything interesting to tell us?

I was going to start a colonoscopy thread or where to buy bleach in Bangkok but those two red hot topics were already taken. Sorry. Do many posters check for your approval before posting?

I married my (Thai) wife last Saturday the 30th August. I don't feel the need to start a thread on TV about it though.

Some people start topics other's complain about the topics they start. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

the slings and arrows of outrageous comment or be a non poster? To be or not to be, that is the question.

I married my (Thai) wife last Saturday the 30th August. I don't feel the need to start a thread on TV about it though.

Some people start topics other's complain about the topics they start. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

the slings and arrows of outrageous comment or be a non poster? To be or not to be, that is the question.

So said the Baird?