Did she invite all her friends to the wedding?

thailiketoo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the point of this OP?

Has Thaivisa become the place to celebrate the everyday norm as a special event?

Many people try and judge Thai culture by their own and come up not having any idea what is really going on here in Thailand.

When a person does something they are ashamed of they hide it under the rug. When a person does something they are proud of they broadcast it to the world.

Too many on Thai Visa stereotype everyone with negative impressions because there is an age difference between married adults instead of looking at the two people and friends and family and observing the relationship working.

I lived with my wife a few years before we got married and we got married a few years ago.

Our happiness and success is based on two people trying to get along and helping one another. It is not based on similar ages or mutual likes and dislikes. I don't like everything she does but I compromise. She doesn't like everything I like but she comprises.

• Like 1

Yes, you collected money but how much did the wedding cost? How much did you pay? or will pay in the future?

Were those friends? - probably. the whole village come to weddings. just in case someone did not know about the wedding they play the music super loud. every then is officially invited.

Yes, you collected money but how much did the wedding cost? How much did you pay? or will pay in the future?

Were those friends? - probably. the whole village come to weddings. just in case someone did not know about the wedding they play the music super loud. every then is officially invited.

Had dinner music. No big speakers. I don't live in a village. So , no the village did not come.

Had some beer and liquor but not much and most of it left after everyone left.

Boy did you miss the point of the thread. The point was she invited her friends to our wedding because she was proud to marry me. She told the world and posted pictures. Since the house was new there were only a couple of families from the neighborhood there.

• Like 1

What an odd post.

How many friends did you have there? Let me guess, none?

What an odd reply. I've lived in Thailand full time for a decade and my Thai acquaintances go back to when I first worked here in 1968. So I had many friends there.

She is prettier than I am handsome. She is younger than me by quite a few years. She bought me Thai silk clothes for the wedding. Her brother helped me dress. She invited all her friends. Her friends from school. She invited her boss and her co workers. She invited her family. We had a big party and closed off the street in front of our new house which all her friends said was beautiful.

Everyone took pictures with me and posted them on their face book pages.

All in all she sure acted like she was proud to marry me. Did she fake it? She asked 250 people to the wedding to meet me. They all gave us money.

She had a photographer to take pictures that we now have up on the walls of our home.

Why would she take photos of us and put them up on the walls if she was not proud to be married?

She is a happy girl. She has a house and a husband and money in the bank.

Love? Don't know. Don't give it much thought. Happy? Yes.

Several threads in the "News letter" from TVF. Life is what it is. Am I being ripped off, does she love me? If the individual concerned is happy so be it. Future may not pan out, dont get paranoid but don't be blind.

Easier to start off as a "cheap person" than try to establish lack of money at a later date, ie. retirement.

So you get a young beautiful wife, while she gets a new house, money in the bank and an ageing husband. Sounds like a fair trade to me.

She is 40 years old. Seems young to me. She will get the house in 30 years when the bank loan is paid off.

• Like 2

So you get a young beautiful wife, while she gets a new house, money in the bank and an ageing husband. Sounds like a fair trade to me.

She is 40 years old. Seems young to me. She will get the house in 30 years when the bank loan is paid off.

You have been posting on here for a while. Best wishes to you and your bride. Thought you might know the ins and outs of Thailand. Hope all goes well.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your bright, cheerful, positive, upbeat comments, full of optimism for his future. Thanks for that, your contribution is one of beauty and loveliness, as always. Keep it coming.

Thanks so much for your bright, cheerful, positive, upbeat comments, full of optimism for his future. Thanks for that, your contribution is one of beauty and loveliness, as always. Keep it coming.

Sarcastic but possibly true. Time will tell.

We just registered at the government office, the wife said no reason to waste money on a village marriage or party. I hope you have the house in a company name and do not do the joint bank account thing

• Like 1

Had dinner music. No big speakers. I don't live in a village. So , no the village did not come.

Boy did you miss the point of the thread. The point was she invited her friends to our wedding because she was proud to marry me. She told the world and posted pictures. Since the house was new there were only a couple of families from the neighborhood there.

I missed it as well, what is the point of the thread? About her inviting her friends?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse.

Who would not invite their friends to a free party?

• Like 1

I missed it as well, what is the point of the thread? About her inviting her friends?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse.

Sometimes we miss the obvious. Our friends brought money. The money paid for the food and fun at the wedding. She invited them to share in our joy not as some have implied for a free party. She was proud to introduce me to her friends and family as I was proud to introduce her to mine.

Sometimes it is what it is. If someone wants to steal from you they do it in the middle of the night when you are asleep or hit you over the head. If someone likes/loves you they want to marry you.

Who would not invite their friends to a free party?

The guests paid for the food, booze, tent rental, tables and chairs and 20 of her lady friends came the night before and stayed up all night doing the decorations. I didn't know if that was clear.