DS Mercruiser inboard engine competent mechanic

Go the Phuket route for sure, too many "Yes I can (or maybe I think I can, but maybe when I can be bothered)" on Samui.

Thank Boltd, seriously thinking about it and send it to SEAT Phuket, i ve lost 3 weeks now with ''expat expert'' here and so far probably more bad than good...

if you call SEAT in phuket, they have a team of fully qualified engineers that come to samui once per month , if you book in you're boat they will do a full inspection, diagnostics check and recommendation onsite ( Samui )

They will give you a warranty on all works they perform and parts supplied at market rates unlike the 1st year apprentice know-it-all's on samui.

every few months when I hear they are coming I have them service my boat so now I have a very good service history and the boat is now running like a Cadillac as opposed to a ( very costly running like sh*t Tractor ) when the samui mechanics had their hands on it.

with all the new and old boats on samui there must be more than enough business on the island for a boat yard to open.

Thank Boltd, seriously thinking about it and send it to SEAT Phuket, i ve lost 3 weeks now with ''expat expert'' here and so far probably more bad than good...

• Like 2