NFL on ASN

junglechef

Looking for the schedual of games True will be showing this season. The monthly guide doesn't list anything, the on-screen guide only says NFL Regular Season w/o even saying if it's a reply and I've had no luck finding it on-line though in past years there has been a detailed schedual with the names of the teams. The live games are longer as the reply cut out the time outs etc so it's possible to figure out if it's a reply but I would like to know more. I expect there is a link for a page on-line, anybody know it?

Actually the times on the ASN schedule are Hong Kong times. For Thailand subtract 1 hour.

I watched the game on Friday morning live. Due to all of the commercial breaks, it was like watching a rerun of a sailboat race in Bahrain over and over again with an occasional switch to football. I'm watching NCAA football right now and it's a little netter since there aren't as many breaks.

True is televising NFL on ASN2, channel 678, but haven't updated their schedule past tomorrow, ASN's schedule goes out to the 17th.

• Like 1

As many games are on at times that I prefer to sleep, 1, 3 or 4:30 am I watch the replays which are great as they are mainly just the action. So I practice a semi-media blackout if it's my home team so basically no Facebook as my friends post play to play commentary as they watch the Patriots live.

The replay of the Thursday game last night had all of the BS sailboat stuff. I hope that they did like last year and only show the game in the replays. Watching it live on Monday morning is good for insomnia with all of the commercials.

I watched one of the replays of Thurs night game on Fri night and some sailboat ads but it was fine as there was mainly football game w/o timeouts etc. if you watch a live game on TV in America it's much longer.

Edited by junglechef

I just want to verify before I buy my ilikehd 30 day package.....ilikehd has revamped their pricing...Thai is 250 per month and International 350 per month. ASN 1 & 2 come with both packages.....Is it all in English?

BTW, I was able to watch a couple of great NCAA games 100% free, no sign in, nada on http://www.campusinsiders.com/live/football-northern-colorado-at-unlv

Edited by Thighlander

They cut prices! What was 500 per month is now broken into Thai 250, and 350 for international...you get 100 off your second package so if you want both it is still 500, but you can now eliminate the Thai channels and get what you need for 350 for 30 days.....You can also specify your ISP, and apparently that greatly reduces buffering. I just watched USC/Stanford...crystal clear. www.ilikehd.com Washington/Houston live, tonight, followed by Dallas/SF.

Actually the times on the ASN schedule are Hong Kong times. For Thailand subtract 1 hour.

I watched the game on Friday morning live. Due to all of the commercial breaks, it was like watching a rerun of a sailboat race in Bahrain over and over again with an occasional switch to football. I'm watching NCAA football right now and it's a little netter since there aren't as many breaks.

True is televising NFL on ASN2, channel 678, but haven't updated their schedule past tomorrow, ASN's schedule goes out to the 17th.

"it was like watching a rerun of a sailboat race in Bahrain over and over again with an occasional switch to football."

That and that public service ad with the black screen to show you what it would be like to be blind. They've been using it for what seems like years.

Reminds me a bit of watching movies on TV in Pakistan. Every time it looked like a man and a woman were about to kiss, they'd cut to a laundry detergent ad. With some movies you quickly became dizzy and disoriented and had no idea what the movie was about but were left with a curious urge to wash your clothes.

Edited by Suradit69

Just finished watching the sailboat races with a little bit of the Washington / Houston game switched in. The best part of the telecast was after the game was over and they showed the overtime of the Saints and Falcons and Bills and Bears with no commercial breaks! The 49ers and Cowboys are now on but currently the sailboat race has priority, 21 - 3, 49ers.

Edited by wayned

Watching it also and it's OK. The Thursday night game was all sailboat and very little football. They would go to sailboat and sight commercials and miss plays. It seems that they have improved the telecast.

Watching it also and it's OK. The Thursday night game was all sailboat and very little football. They would go to sailboat and sight commercials and miss plays. It seems that they have improved the telecast.

Can you explain the sailboat reference that keeps recurring on this thread?

Can you explain the sailboat reference that keeps recurring on this thread?

During every break on the telecast of the first game on Friday morning there was an ad for Orbis and replays of sailboat races in Bahrain over and over again. There was no continuity as they switched back to football and then back to the race sometimes replaying the same thing. It was just irritating. It seems that they have improved in today's telecasts, still sailboat races, but less, and the "first air" replays this afternoon don't have any ads at all. I'm watching the Panthers and Bucs right now with no problems.

ASN really pulled a fast one on us. I signed-up for the TrueVisions "Super-Knowledge" package because it had ASN with the NFL. Now they've moved the NFL over to ASN2 which can only be had by purchasing the "Platinum" package which costs much more and has stations that don't interest me. I'm considering dropping the whole damn TrueVisions subscription and going online.

I live in the boonies with a very poor internet connection. "Streaming" here is like "dripping" so it's not an option.

According to Gamepass, you need 800K download.....

have a 13MB 3BB connection. streamed 4 gms in HD (splitscreen) for 3 hours last night. barely a hiccup.

I signed up for True for NFL around 5 or 6 yrs ago and then they cancelled NFL all together. Luckily they added it back on. I've heard they get free trail of some channels for a limited time, say 6 mnths, and once it's up they cancel it.

For a football thread this is getting pretty cerebral with all the numbers and computer tech speak :)

I signed up for True for NFL around 5 or 6 yrs ago and then they cancelled NFL all together. Luckily they added it back on. I've heard they get free trail of some channels for a limited time, say 6 mnths, and once it's up they cancel it.

For a football thread this is getting pretty cerebral with all the numbers and computer tech speak smile.png

I dumped True three yeas ago and have never regretted it and never looked back. If you have a reliable ISP satellite TV is a thing of the past.

For a football thread this is getting pretty cerebral with all the numbers and computer tech speak smile.png

I dumped True three yeas ago and have never regretted it and never looked back. If you have a reliable ISP satellite TV is a thing of the past.

Would you please explain ISP satellite and how one would get a reliable one, thanks

Would you please explain ISP satellite and how one would get a reliable one, thanks

I think he was saying that if you have a reliable ISP......then satellite TV is a thing of the past.