NFL on ASN

junglechef

ASN really pulled a fast one on us. I signed-up for the TrueVisions "Super-Knowledge" package because it had ASN with the NFL. Now they've moved the NFL over to ASN2 which can only be had by purchasing the "Platinum" package which costs much more and has stations that don't interest me. I'm considering dropping the whole damn TrueVisions subscription and going online.

Got me once too. Never, ever will I do biz with this outfit again. Had to go and file a police report to get my deposit back because they sent it to the wrong address. Unbelievable!

Monday night watching the replay of the Bears - San Francisco on True. 28 - 20. Two minute warning and cut to commercial filler.

That was it. Never returned to the game. I watched people jumping off cliffs and skate boarding for 10 minutes before accepting that we were never going back to the game.

I was watching one of the reruns the other night and with approximately 5 mi left in a tight game they went to commercial, or should I say boating (not sure really), and then came back to end of 3rd quarter and then by 10 pm when the time allotment was over (I presume) they just went to some other, or the same, fluff, and there they still had not even caught up to where they cut off from (5 min mark). They could have showed the end instead of the beginning of the 4th quarter again. And that was really beyond me and sure a buzz kill especially as I stayed up to watch the games as it was a good one!

NOW WHAT'S HAPPENING!! Waited for the scheduled, as the on-screen guide listed, NFL 2014 Regular Season game (is it too much to put which game especially since it's a replay after all (I know the answer thanks biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png). And they broadcast the Asean Games! Actually it was the opening ceremony, not even the sport competitions, but that'a not the point. As much as I'm fine, though not really interested in viewing, this event being on tv it is NOT an American Sport (Network) and should NOT preempt one!!

Actually the times on the ASN schedule are Hong Kong times. For Thailand subtract 1 hour.

I watched the game on Friday morning live. Due to all of the commercial breaks, it was like watching a rerun of a sailboat race in Bahrain over and over again with an occasional switch to football. I'm watching NCAA football right now and it's a little netter since there aren't as many breaks.

True is televising NFL on ASN2, channel 678, but haven't updated their schedule past tomorrow, ASN's schedule goes out to the 17th.

Looks like True dropped ASN2 already and NFL is on 683 now, even though they said ASN2 would end on October 5.

Sound on this new channel seems to come and go.

• Like 2

ASN2 is being cancelled on True from 5 October.

I believe that also means ASN2 will drop from ILikeHD as well, since I believe that's where (TrueVisions) they were pulling the signal from.

Apart from ASN2, there also seems to be a regular game on one of the Sky Sports channels that are part of their International (English language) package.

The ILikeHD service also was carrying NFL games on a couple of the True Sports channels, but last week, those all had Thai audio only on ILikeHD.

The only English language NFL coverage I found on ILikeHD was on ASN2 and one of the Sky Sports (Sky Sports 2) channels.

PS - Interesting... I had ASN2 in my favorites list on ILikeHD, and was watching it last night prior to midnight. But by the time the early game was supposed to start at midnight local time, the channel had gone blank. And in looking right now, ASN2 seems to have been removed from my favorites list channels as well.

PPS - ILikeHD does seem to also carry True Sports 1 HD in English.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Every time they make changes, which seems often, and unnecessary from a customer point a view, all my set favorites disappear. I've stopped spending my time setting it up intelligently for my family's ease as who can remember all the channel numbers especially as they constantly change. Seems to me just another attempt to keep us confused in the false belief that we won't notice their incompetence or worse.

Watching Fox NFL in HD on True Sport channel 666

Yes. Great game and great coverage (and great fight!). Watching NFL with no breaks is just perfect.

If True keep showing games in the evenings on 666 (in HD) I'll be happy and won't miss ASN2.

Edit: Now Lions/Packers and then another game at midnight...

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

ASN on Truevisions coverage of Seattle-Denver disappeared in 4th quarter with score 20-12 and came back several minutes later. With it 20-20. Now ASN 2 has dissappeared and True Sports 3 has some NFL games. I have no idea what they are doing, but I don't think they do either. ASN 2 had some college games I will now lose. If they are going to charge real money, They are going to have to provide real service. I am afraid I will have to fire them.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As the OP may I suggest that we try to post the channel number as well as the station whenever possible

Thanx, JC

fyi, anyone viewing these various channels thru ILikeHD doesn't have/see the same True channel number references -- only the names of the channels.

Thanks for the clarification. As I've never heard of ILikeHD I googled it and now think that it's a live streaming service, not that I'm that familiar with those either. Is this correct and would you mind explaining it a bit including cost, what you get and how good of an internet connection one needs for it to work correctly.

Thanx JC

I did a review of their service (and some other similar ones) recently in another thread here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754114-internet-web-tv-boxes-what-are-impressions/?p=8323933

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754114-internet-web-tv-boxes-what-are-impressions/?p=8341222

They've recently changed their pricing, to offer separate Thai language and English language packages, which is actually a good change. The new pricing is 250 baht per month for their Thai language channels package and/or 350 baht per month for their English language channels package. But if you want both together, it's a discounted monthly fee of 500 baht per month. Or, you can choose the English only channels for just 350 baht per month.

Before last month, if you wanted the English language channels, you had to take the combined Thai and English channels package for 500 baht per month.

One good thing about this service is that there's no equipment to buy (it's entirely streaming based), and payments have to be done manually by the customer each month. There's no recurring/automatic billing function, AFAIK. So if you don't like the service or if they have some problem in the future, the most you'd ever be out is a single month's payment.

The other thing to mention about them is their service only works if the customer has a Thailand IP address. Any IPs outside of Thailand don't allow log-ins. Their web interface has various data streaming size/quality options, depending on one's internet connection/speed. Their two lowest streaming speed setups are listed as 3G at 384 Kbps and 480p at 1 Mbps.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK