Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You could try this Scottish newspaper or rag depending on your interpretation of the fourth estate for its content.

Try the two links below.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-no-lead-in-survation-poll-1-3537639

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland-s-decision-the-scotsman-s-verdict-1-3537857

You could try this Scottish newspaper or rag depending on your interpretation of the fourth estate for its content.

Try the two links below.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-no-lead-in-survation-poll-1-3537639

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland-s-decision-the-scotsman-s-verdict-1-3537857

Typical imbalanced reporting from the Scotsman as usual. Try to find a report on the views about the UK's national debt ;)

Yes Simon went to Boarding School and then Cambridge....so I am sure he has a fair and representative viewpoint which we should all gather around and listen to.....before laughing in uproar.

Didn't Alex Salmond go to St Andrews? Not really a whole lot different to Cambridge.

That statement demonstrates a total lack of knowledge of both institutions :(

I

• Like 1

Try the two links below.

Typical imbalanced reporting from the Scotsman as usual. Try to find a report on the views about the UK's national debt wink.png

It would seem that if you agree with a article you might suggest it was "balanced" and if you don't agree, then you would find it "imbalanced"

i think if you are so naive that the basis of forming your opinions is based on the concept that reporting in some papers is either "balanced" or "imbalanced" then any opinion you put forward is likely to be very suspect.

I made no comment as to the way I feel, however I did comment concerning the possible affects and possibly the fact that certain politicians were are trying to satisfy their own ego's.

My opinion is my opinion and it will remain as such and indeed confidential no matter what others may think they know what opinion I hold.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

One thing is for sure, the elderly voters will remember poverty and know that all the UK's lives have changed dramatically in our day and age. I read the YES saying how the young are living in poverty, crap, ever seen a youngster without a phone in their hand. Young voters have been brought up in a "not worry" environment, always cash to help out.

The main reason half the planet wants to relocate in any part of the UK is the social security system we built up, and Scottish folk are treated nooooooo different to any other member of the Union.

If Scotland had always been on it's own it may well not have had a system as good as it is now, looking at the population size.

As an English kid, our house had the only TV in the street, looked forward to Sunday cos we had a tin of peaches for tea.

All Salmond has to do to win the young vote is promise a large scale building programme of genuinely affordable housing.

With free university education and affordable housing the Scottish kids are living in a utopia far beyond that of their poverty stricken debt ridden English counterparts.

Kids may have silly telephones but they don't have sustainable futures. Silly telephones are consolation prizes.

Edited by MJP
  • Like 1

transam post # 735.

Your right, I personally would like to see the Welsh and English use their own flags if the Scots go their own way. After all, we were/are very proud of the Union Jack. thumbsup.gif

Agreed , now here's the best U.K Flag The Andrew rules.

2905704829.jpg

transam post # 735.

Your right, I personally would like to see the Welsh and English use their own flags if the Scots go their own way. After all, we were/are very proud of the Union Jack. thumbsup.gif

Agreed , now here's the best U.K Flag The Andrew rules.

2905704829.jpg

even Hawaii in USA will have to change its own flag

Hawaii was once an independent kingdom. (1810 - 1893) The flag was designed at the request of King Kamehameha I. It has eight stripes of white, red and blue that represent the eight main islands. The flag of Great Britain is emblazoned in the upper left corner to honor Hawaii's friendship with the British.

post-149848-0-60187300-1410412442_thumb.

Edited by Asiantravel

Asiantravel post # 737

Hawaii in USA will have to change its own flag

Hawaii was once an independent kingdom. (1810 - 1893) The flag was designed at the request of King Kamehameha I. It has eight stripes of white, red and blue that represent the eight main islands. The flag of Great Britain is emblazoned in the upper left corner to honor Hawaii's friendship with the British.

Attached Thumbnailspost-149848-0-60187300-1410412442_thumb.

• interesting point there Asiantravel, now you sweaty socks, see the problems you're already causing elsewhere in this world? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif
Edited by siampolee

One thing is for sure, the elderly voters will remember poverty and know that all the UK's lives have changed dramatically in our day and age. I read the YES saying how the young are living in poverty, crap, ever seen a youngster without a phone in their hand. Young voters have been brought up in a "not worry" environment, always cash to help out.

The main reason half the planet wants to relocate in any part of the UK is the social security system we built up, and Scottish folk are treated nooooooo different to any other member of the Union.

If Scotland had always been on it's own it may well not have had a system as good as it is now, looking at the population size.

As an English kid, our house had the only TV in the street, looked forward to Sunday cos we had a tin of peaches for tea.

The £9000 annual fees are a big worry.......education should be free for students from poorer families.....frankly I would like to see grants reintroduced in Scotland with top up loans if necessary for some as well.

When some talk about what we fear....that is right up there......these things will destroy the hopes of many kids and we can make sure they never happen north of the border by voting YES.

The £9000 annual fees are a big worry.......education should be free for students from poorer families.....frankly I would like to see grants reintroduced in Scotland with top up loans if necessary for some as well.

When some talk about what we fear....that is right up there......these things will destroy the hopes of many kids and we can make sure they never happen north of the border by voting YES.

Sounds great, in the UK not so long ago it was free, I assume the financial side of it didn't add up and so now "serious" students must pay towards it. When I was young loads of youngsters went on to uni for the simple reason it was free. Now only the "serious" go to uni.

Try the two links below.

Typical imbalanced reporting from the Scotsman as usual. Try to find a report on the views about the UK's national debt ;)

I have to give you credit for one thing, you are consistent. First of all newspapers, if based in London cannot be relief upon for their balanced view, well that's how it goes if the article does not agree with the Nationalist propaganda machine. Then a poster quotes The Scotsman, a Scottish based newspaper and lo and behold, that also cannot be relied upon, "WHY" again because it does not agree with the Nationalist propaganda machine. I have yet to see a post from one of you Nationalist, where you even slightly question the views of the SNP or even slightly agree with the views coming from unbiased economic advisers who are warning you of the impending problems that will befall Scotland.

• Like 1

Sounds great, in the UK not so long ago it was free, I assume the financial side of it didn't add up and so now "serious" students must pay towards it. When I was young loads of youngsters went on to uni for the simple reason it was free. Now only the "serious" go to uni.

Mostly only the wealthy these days transam....all have to pay the 9k quid. :-(

I do find it funny that you imagine kids working hard to get good grades in their A levels simply to go and have a jolly.....I doubt that was ever the case.....my grant for ten weeks study was 700 quid.....400 of which went straight out in rent.

Work out how much I had left for that great social life.....oh and factor in the cost of clothing and books and other essential stuff.

Mostly only the wealthy these days transam....all have to pay the 9k quid. :-(

I can remember a couple of court cases I dealt with, the solicitors/barrister fees were quite frightening, I thought at the time my taxes paid for these guy's to get their qualifications and now l am being ripped off.bah.gif .

Thankfully I won my cases, but it still cost me...sad.png

I do find it funny that you imagine kids working hard to get good grades in their A levels simply to go and have a jolly.....I doubt that was ever the case.....my grant for ten weeks study was 700 quid.....400 of which went straight out in rent.

Work out how much I had left for that great social life.....oh and factor in the cost of clothing and books and other essential stuff.

No different in LOS is it, or the USA, and I believe Aus folk must pay.

No different in LOS is it, or the USA, and I believe Aus folk must pay.

Yes poverty breeds more poverty.....hopefully in Scotland we will get over that.

It seems the momentum is stalling on Salmond's inability to explain how he's going to have a currency union with a country that will not let him.

Daily Record: No: 53%; Yes; 47%

That is one of the points I have been trying to point out, get across. To me voting on something important and NOT being given concrete answers is daft.

To me it seems that YES folk just want to be on their own, which sounds a bit archaic. The world has been trying to get rid of barriers, move on, get closer. BUT, you cannot get rid of hate, I personally have experienced it cos I am English. Sad but true, just because I ask questions they fear and don't want others to read, Very sad...........sad.png

• Like 2

Not sure what age you guys are. I'm in my early 50's.

In my school year 2 students went on to University ( I can even remember their names )

It was nothing to do with money. It was to do with ability. If you had the brains you could go on to University. If you didnt, you were going to start life at the bottom and make your up the ladder. Sure, if your family were minted, they could pay for you. If your family were on the poorer side, unless you were academically qualified, you were not going.

Somehow, we got to the place where we are today, where it is everyone's right to go to University. Utter crap. It was a method of controlling the unemployment figures of the younger generation. Just like paying the kids to stay on at school between 16 - 18.

Smokie, this is one of the points that I alluded to yesterday, when I asked what the plan was to reform Education.

• Like 2