Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

You know in a way the English are now getting payback for their Tory government of the 80s....who treated Scotland with contempt. Its this distrust which is leading a lot of us who were around then to vote for independence....not a few barrels of oil.

We don't trust our so called partners not to repeat what happened then and the Bedroom Tax has not helped matters.

Add on the threat of student fees and we are appalled at the future gap in the UK between rich and poor which can only get worse with these policies.

Thatcher in the 80's just did the biding of the Bilderburg group. They put her in power and when she started asserting herself over Europe they got rid of her - she publicly stated that in Jim Tuckers Spotlight magazine. One of the key policies in the 80's that she did particularly well in was Asset Stripping (AKA privatisation) selling state assets for pennies on the dollar. Its a long term goal of the globalists to leverage out the Western Middle class and leave behind just the mega rich elite and an underclass - the policy dates back to Club of Rome 1968.

In my opinion Scotland will have a chance if it gets independence - without it I believe that by 2036 there won't be a British middle class left.

Ref: DCDC Global Strategic Trends

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Scotlands vote is not about Braveheart or kilts or tribal nationalism. Its about democracy"

"Even more startling, Scotlands independence can be consensual. England and Wales, to their enormous credit, have already accepted Scottish sovereignty, and whatever happens in the referendum there is no going back on that decent and gracious decision. Scotland may or may not become an independent country but it is already and without argument a free country."

Let's lead on from there transam.....tell us in your own words why Scots should vote to remain in the union....floor is yours ....

OK.. ...I will try...remember these are MY thoughts.

After many centuries of fighting, English against English, English against Scots over a HUGE amount of time we came out of it with ALL the factions of our weeeeeeeee Island standing together, moving on. When we did that our weeeeeee Island became a world force, though small it is respected around the globe. If our union has a problem , we fight for it. We don't cower even if the odds were not good.

Since the WW2 we have moved on with an NHS that the world cannot beat, a perfect social security that most of the world can't beat. How did we do it, the union did it, thoughts from Scots, English and Welsh, thats how we did it.

If King Salmond with his oil "thingy" wants to take you out of the achievement GAINED by the union, well, thats up to you. But remember, our fore fathers fought for what we have. Has now nothing to do with the present government, most of us hate it cos the people did NOT vote for this coalition. There should never be a coalition, there should be a second vote so folk can give their second opinion to really achieve.

I have never been in the UK forces, but my family have, I worked with guys that did stuff from all over the union, never a bad word about our union guys, they could do stuff TOGETHER.

The world is getting smaller, so why should Scotland want o disenfranchise itself from it's partners now ?. To me it is disrespect to those that stood together for what we have......... alt=thumbsup.gif>

Why does Northern Ireland not get a mention as being a member of the Union.

England and the English mindset disregards the other members of the Union as being irrelevant when making decisions and this will never change.

It is this mindset that has many of the Scottish populace wanting to break away.

• Like 2

So tell me....who were all those people who voted Tory?....cos no one on here is admitting to it.

========================>>>>>

ThaiVisa is not a place one would think of in a search for a Tory wink.png

To be fair I usually noise them up on the BAEC forum on flyertalk. :-P

"Scotlands vote is not about Braveheart or kilts or tribal nationalism. Its about democracy"

"Even more startling, Scotlands independence can be consensual. England and Wales, to their enormous credit, have already accepted Scottish sovereignty, and whatever happens in the referendum there is no going back on that decent and gracious decision. Scotland may or may not become an independent country but it is already and without argument a free country."

Let's lead on from there transam.....tell us in your own words why Scots should vote to remain in the union....floor is yours ....

OK.. ...I will try...remember these are MY thoughts.

After many centuries of fighting, English against English, English against Scots over a HUGE amount of time we came out of it with ALL the factions of our weeeeeeeee Island standing together, moving on. When we did that our weeeeeee Island became a world force, though small it is respected around the globe. If our union has a problem , we fight for it. We don't cower even if the odds were not good.

Since the WW2 we have moved on with an NHS that the world cannot beat, a perfect social security that most of the world can't beat. How did we do it, the union did it, thoughts from Scots, English and Welsh, thats how we did it.

If King Salmond with his oil "thingy" wants to take you out of the achievement GAINED by the union, well, thats up to you. But remember, our fore fathers fought for what we have. Has now nothing to do with the present government, most of us hate it cos the people did NOT vote for this coalition. There should never be a coalition, there should be a second vote so folk can give their second opinion to really achieve.

I have never been in the UK forces, but my family have, I worked with guys that did stuff from all over the union, never a bad word about our union guys, they could do stuff TOGETHER.

The world is getting smaller, so why should Scotland want o disenfranchise itself from it's partners now ?. To me it is disrespect to those that stood together for what we have......... alt=thumbsup.gif>

England and the English mindset disregards the other members of the Union as being irrelevant when making decisions and this will never change.

It is this mindset that has many of the Scottish populace wanting to break away.

Daft statement. If Irish guys posted we would be happy, but they ain't chummy........rolleyes.gif

@ smokie36 no 1021

So tell me....who were all those people who voted Tory?....cos no one on here is admitting to it.

Women

Council house buyers

Employers (Slave drivers)

Yuppies

Public Servants

White collar workers

I could go on.

• Like 1

Daft statement. If Irish guys posted we would be happy, but they ain't chummy........rolleyes.gif

Who is "we"? The couple of English posters who have hijacked this thread about SCOTLAND YES gaining momentum.

Maybe the Northern Irish are staying quiet and hoping you don't send your nuclear sub's there?

Thames estuary is looking more and more likely!

Don't worry, where ever "our" deterrent may have to be relocated cos Salmond is a woosie, we will take care of you, no question about that...........thumbsup.gif

Who is "we"? The couple of English posters who have hijacked this thread about SCOTLAND YES gaining momentum.

Are you worried about a few Union guys commenting...?

Why women?.....what did Thatcher give em?

It was the Feminist vote! even though one of her sayings was: "I owe nothing to womens Lib"

seems the Feminists didn't believe they wasn't going to get a helping hand at sometime or other!

Edited by MAJIC

Maybe the Northern Irish are staying quiet and hoping you don't send your nuclear sub's there?

Don't worry, where ever "our" deterrent may have to be relocated cos Salmond is a woosie, we will take care of you, no question about that...........thumbsup.gif

Just take them as far from Scotland as possible thanks.

• Like 1

Why women?.....what did Thatcher give em?

It was the Feminist vote! even though one of her sayings was: "I owe nothing to womens Lib"

seems the Feminists didn't believe they wasnt going to get a helping hand at sometime or other!

As we all know....women are evil..........towards each other lol.........

Are you worried about a few Union guys commenting...?

Why would I be worried?

Just a pain in the arse.

Just take them as far from Scotland as possible thanks.

Sorry, but we ain't going to move your nuclear power stations for you. They are more of a risk to you cos they are operational 24/7. Has King S sorted that...?

Ya gotta love it -- some people just don't notice a tongue-in-cheek remark ;)

BTW -- there's a lot of silent assumptions apparent about which posters are what nationality and which way they're going to vote. All very bigoted I'd say :)

They are staying put along with the 8000+ jobs at Faslane.

No where else for it to go unless you want to scrap it and join the Russian Federation.

If the vote is YES there is a strong likelihood you are wrong.....Scotland will kick them out as a political decision.

Sorry old chap!

No where else for it to go unless you want to scrap it and join the Russian Federation.

Very much doubt it. In fact on a Yes win I reckon everything will start moving out the next day, Scotland having declared independence no longer being a country in the UK, or the EU or NATO.

Why hang around? Stop the flow of cash immediately. Cut the losses. Move on.

Edited by MJP

Very much doubt it. In fact on a Yes win I reckon everything will start moving out the next day, Scotland having declared independence no longer being a country in the UK, or the EU or NATO.

Why hang around? Stop the flow of cash immediately. Cut the losses. Move on.

Its not going to be an acrimonious divorce....well not from our side anyway.