Scottish independence: Yes camp hails 'momentum'

Lite Beer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would be a mistake to focus on the SNP. They are the current party-in-power in Edinburgh, but they will be subject to re-election in 2016. The referendum is not a vote for SNP or any other political party, it is for independence of the whole country.

A referendum to get into/out of EU would not be a general election -- would it ? wink.png

If the Labour or Conservatives were in power, would they be going the independence route..?

That's totally hypothetical, but to answer in part -- you will see reports of considerable Labour support for independence. But - as I said before - this is not about political parties. This is about independence and continuing democracy.

BUT NOBODY HAS BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT STUFF. Please see the reason for my question..

============================>>

What stuff do you not know about? There are literally thousands of websites giving lots of inforamtion about many aspects of the referendum. You would do well to read the BBC's summary of the reasons why the referendum has come about. I posted that link many times before. Politics does not express well as facts, because the "facts" are viewed through a political lens. We all have some preferences but it is not necessary to force our preferences on others.

Sorry chap but like others you have not shown here what the SNP has on paper that is concrete.

Just show us, really easy IF you have that info..

It would be a mistake to focus on the SNP. They are the current party-in-power in Edinburgh, but they will be subject to re-election in 2016. The referendum is not a vote for SNP or any other political party, it is for independence of the whole country.

A referendum to get into/out of EU would not be a general election -- would it ? wink.png

If the Labour or Conservatives were in power, would they be going the independence route..?

That's totally hypothetical, but to answer in part -- you will see reports of considerable Labour support for independence. But - as I said before - this is not about political parties. This is about independence and continuing democracy.

BUT NOBODY HAS BEEN TOLD THE TRUTH ABOUT STUFF. Please see the reason for my question..

============================>>

What stuff do you not know about? There are literally thousands of websites giving lots of inforamtion about many aspects of the referendum. You would do well to read the BBC's summary of the reasons why the referendum has come about. I posted that link many times before. Politics does not express well as facts, because the "facts" are viewed through a political lens. We all have some preferences but it is not necessary to force our preferences on others.

Sorry chap but like others you have not shown here what the SNP has on paper that is concrete.

Just show us, really easy IF you have that info..

Did you miss the part a couple of posts ago where I said that tis is NOT about the SNP?

What specific questions do you have that are not answered by the links I referred you to before ?

Chum, I have read all that stuff and none of it answers the big questions. Seems I will not get them via our debate,,,sad.png

What big question ?

NOT AGAIN,,,,,,,surely..........rolleyes.gif

Am I the only one not getting the answers or have I missed something somewhere, theblether do not answer that, please.sad.png

Chum, I have read all that stuff and none of it answers the big questions. Seems I will not get them via our debate,,,sad.png

What big question ?

NOT AGAIN,,,,,,,surely..........rolleyes.gif

Am I the only one not getting the answers or have I missed something somewhere, theblether do not answer that, please.sad.png

Ask the question - or stop blowing smoke ;)

@jpinx,

I have asked the questions a dozen times, you cannot answer them cos you don't know them, nor does the SNP.

Pheeeeew, feel sorry for Scots folk if they have been led with bluster and not facts.

Where have you asked them ? Links please? I have provided you with links to answers, but you claim that's not enough, so support your claims please and ask a specific question or stop blowing smoke. ;)

transam, smokie36 ... gentlemen ... please!

I can understand the passion, but can we please not let this override other considerations?

Nothing is going to be solved by throwing rocks at each other.

This isn't Israel and the Gaza Strip.

Sometimes when there is an intractable disagreeance, both parties can agree to disagree and move on.

I'm convinced he's a Tory David....he slithers out of ever making a real comment other than to talk about how wonderful we are together.

That's fine...but whats his opinion on why the no voters are turning to YES in droves?

Spoke to a Jock today who told me has voted yes, asked why?

Reason, to see 22 tawat Labour MPs out of a job.

@jpinx,

I have asked the questions a dozen times, you cannot answer them cos you don't know them, nor does the SNP.

Pheeeeew, feel sorry for Scots folk if they have been led with bluster and not facts.

Where have you asked them ? Links please? I have provided you with links to answers, but you claim that's not enough, so support your claims please and ask a specific question or stop blowing smoke. wink.png

OK, just for you, now pay attention.

1...Has the SNP sorted out EU membership to show the electorate.

2..Has the SNP sorted out monetary stuff with the UK to show the electorate.

3.. Has the SNP sorted out the oil fields with the UK to show the electorate.

A simple yes or no will do. Heeey, no conferring with you know who. smile.png

@jpinx,

Where have you asked them ? Links please? I have provided you with links to answers, but you claim that's not enough, so support your claims please and ask a specific question or stop blowing smoke. wink.png

Sorry jpinx the chap appears to be somewhat challenged on the grey matter area, he has for many months now

continually asked the same questions and has received the same answers from many different posters all of whom

he doggedly refuses to accept because they do not agree with what he thinks the answers should be.

Sadly he is way beyond help, more to be pitied than scolded. facepalm.gif

@jpinx,

Sorry jpinx the chap appears to be somewhat challenged on the grey matter area, he has for many months now

continually asked the same questions and has received the same answers from many different posters all of whom

he doggedly refuses to accept because they do not agree with what he thinks the answers should be.

Sadly he is way beyond help, more to be pitied than scolded. facepalm.gif

Then you answer the questions above, as you say I am a numnut but folk will not answer my questions with a simple yes or no. Go on, go for it, you might be the one.

@jpinx,

Good gawd man do you really think they are so stupid as to join the EU?

Norway manages quite well without it.

When is Cameron or any other leader going to give us a vote to get the heck out of it?

• Like 2

@jpinx,

====================>>

OK - just for you - please pay attention -- This is NOT about the SNP - it is about Scotland's Independence.

================>>

NO - it is not up to the SNP to sort this out - it is up to the Scottish parliament after independence is won.

===============>>

NO - it is not up to the SNP to sort out monetary matters - that is up to the Scottish Parliament after independence is won. Most monetary matter will be resolved by the banks, not the politicans.

===========>>

NO - it is not up to the SNP to sort out anything to do with oil fields. The oil fields belong to BP or which ever oil company is working them.

==============>>

There is a singular and repetitive trend to "name" the SNP in every question, which demonstrates a total misunderstanding of what's happening. The link provided earlier should clarify any further questions you might have about the Independence referendum. Any questions about the SNP would be answerd on their own website.

• Like 1

So I was right, the SNP is leading Scots folk down a road they haven't sorted and will leave it to who is ever voted in to sort the muddle out.

Thanks for the answer, took a long time but am happy you were honest......thumbsup.gif

You can mis-construe it as you wish, but the same process was used in UK referendums in the past - How else did the UK get into the EU ?

Since your interest is as a bystander - you not having a vote on this topic - I will let you read the references given and answer your own questions from now on, but please don't continue to blow smoke when others do occasionally have a serious question the answer to which might affect how they vote. ;)

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

A post in violation of the above forum rule has been removed as well as the replies.

So I was right, the SNP is leading Scots folk down a road they haven't sorted and will leave it to who is ever voted in to sort the muddle out.

Thanks for the answer, took a long time but am happy you were honest......thumbsup.gif

You can mis-construe it as you wish, but the same process was used in UK referendums in the past - How else did the UK get into the EU ?

Since your interest is as a bystander - you not having a vote on this topic - I will let you read the references given and answer your own questions from now on, but please don't continue to blow smoke when others do occasionally have a serious question the answer to which might affect how they vote. wink.png

My questions are exactly that, perhaps raise a question mark. Bystander, no, I was born into the UK union which means a lot to me. Same as half the Scots voters in Scotland. Big decision for them so ALL cards must be on the table, not ramblings of perhaps rambo salesmen.

If Scotland doesn't have control over its own currency then it is hardly independence they are voting for.

Currency is not controlled by any parliament - it is controlled by the banks who set the interest rates. The exchange rates are free-floating -- also not controlled by any parliament.

• Like 1

Since your interest is as a bystander - you not having a vote on this topic - I will let you read the references given and answer your own questions from now on, but please don't continue to blow smoke when others do occasionally have a serious question the answer to which might affect how they vote. wink.png

My questions are exactly that, perhaps raise a question mark. Bystander, no, I was born into the UK union which means a lot to me. Same as half the Scots voters in Scotland. Big decision for them so ALL cards must be on the table, not ramblings of perhaps rambo salesmen.

You did not ask any constructive question about the referendum -- only your policitised questions about the SNP. Maybe you need to "think again" ;) Some constructive questions would be most welcome :)

How can they question 1,000-odd people and call it representative in a population of 5 million-ish ? Pollsters are notoriously wrong, so I'll keep my powder dry till 18th wink.png

As an aside -- I have never, ever met anyone who has been asked to take part in one of these polls. bah.gif

If you choose a representative sample then all you need is about 1000 people. They results are usually accurate to +/-3%. Simple maths. Pollsters can be wrong but they are usually fairly accurate. No idea where you get 'notoriously wrong' from.

all that means is that "1000 people who agreed to answer a poll" took part........ would YOU take part if someone rang you????

Most people agree to take part. I've taken part as well. I'm happy to let someone know my views, as are most people. Many people are on panels and give their views regularly.

I miss John Major. He's a decent bloke.

Labour did so much damage during and after their tenure.

None of this damage had anything to do with Scots or Scotland.

I'm not sure about your first sentence, I don't remember anything bad about John Major, but if it is the case that his government is among those responsible for denying OAPs in Thailand and other countries, their annual pension increases, then that makes him a thief of the lowest order, just like the rest of them.

MJP

John Major was shagging Eggwina Currie. That surely must raise questions about his mental health tongue.pngtongue.png

Oh this is disturbing. I was going to retort with a picture of Cherie Blair, but going through Google Images in the search I somehow find her rather attractive.

I'm getting old I guess.

Edited by MJP