Hydroponics in Mahasarakham area

firefox999uk

My friend and I are just starting out into the world of Hydroponics, only on a small scale and

purely as a hobby.

Is there anybody up here in the Mahasarakham area dabbling in Hydroponics?

I know there is an old thread, some 9 pages long going on in the farming section,

and I have gleaned a lot of information from it, but the main thing I want to know is

if there is any supplier in the Mahasarakham, Roi Et, and even as far as Khon Kean area

that sells hydroponic equipment.

I’m particularly looking for supplies of nutrients and an EC meter….all the other hardware

has been sourced locally.

Any info will be greatly appreciated…Cheers.

Have a Nice Day.

I am in Sarakham and I am trying my hand at aquaponics as a hobby. If you go to that old thread in the farming forum the one titled aquaponica and hydroponics hobby growing, the last couple of pages have some Hydroponic leads

Best of luck to you guys

Dinger. Thanks for that…this is a different thread to what I’ve been reading,

Seems to have more direct information, haven’t been through it all yet but looks much better.

The guy that started the thread, Frapington, has some videos on you tube. He goes under the name Ponic Wars,

take a look it’s very interesting. He is in Hua Hin, I have been in contact with him but he imports a lot of his stuff

from the U.S

Anyway looks like another head ache coming up reading through the new thread…but, no gain without pain, as they say.

Here is that You Tube video

Thanks again.

Have a Nice Day.

What do you want to grow?? Hydro will out grow fish poo and is a lot cheaper to start

growing as soon as you have sprouted plants. There many DYI systems that are easier

to DIY than a aqua system. Only need a EC meter(Bt.2,500)-4,500 and an aquarium

pH tester(Bt.80-120).

You can buy or mix your own nutes. I can get all cems at a local ag store 600M from

The Mall Korat, I now am going to mix my own Micros so I just jot the micros EMS'ed

from WESCO, BKK.

I'm going to get a new EC meter from Fresh Gardens in BKK, their store is off Suk, just

1 BTS station past the Emporium, the even number side.

FG and ACK have meters and pre mix A & B, some liquid and some dry mix. They EMS.

I have a 27M X 27M X 3M pond and live on a river when it's high, damed up it a lake and

at times a mud hole, but we always have fish, I really don't see that the X from fish is worth

the time and effort as a violable buisness model in Isan, for me, not even hobby growing.

Just do the EC and pH, no food, feeding and floaters in hydro.

The pic is the old Micro Mix, + no pic of the Fe.

The new micro's and the $, plus $124. for a .001 scale.

rice555

PS, if you just want to try hydro, buy the pre mix from BKK and see if this the way you want

to go, I just do poly bags with coir and grow run to waste, you can catch and use your waste

in the garden.

post-37242-0-23433800-1410189688_thumb.j

post-37242-0-54804200-1410189766_thumb.j

post-37242-0-01906300-1410189847_thumb.p

• Like 1

Rice. thank you very much for your reply again a wealth of information.

We are just starting this as a hobby and definitely only hydroponics to start off with.

My friend is building a vertical pipe system and I myself a horizontal pipe system.

Last year we started a soil garden on about 2 rai of the FIL land…although most things grew quite well,

the weeds grew faster, and the bugs ate quite a lot and the watering was a problem…we had to pump

the water out of the klong into a sprinkler system we setup, not a convenient setup at all, hence the now

hydroponic idea built at our at our homes, we live one minute walk away from each other so will be able

to share equipment.

It looks like there are no suppliers in our neck of the jungle for the nutrients and measuring equipment, so

I think it looks like Fresh Gardens is the place to get it online.

When you mention local ag store I presume you mean agricultural store, this type of store up here

only seems to deal with rice fertilizers.

You mention Wesco, but I’m having a problem finding a working site for them.

What to grow, well mainly Bell peppers, Italian basil, lettuce, various herbs, stuff like that,

I believe that it is governed by the measurement of the EC and Ph etc…

Any way Rice thanks again, especially for the pictures, particularly the ec-ph settings for the different vegies.

Have a Nice Day.

Hello All, the ag store I get the supplies from just sales seed, chem's, fertilizer

and a few other things, not like a farm supply store.

Most of the hydro nute ingredients are "standard" ag fertilizers, except for the

the epsom salt and the micros are not something the average rice farmer would

be buying, but veg and fruit growers know the importance of micro.

The pic is the %'s in the micro mix from WESCO, they use to have Rexalon APN

which is a micro mix more suited for hydro than the Nic-Spray.

Part of the weed problem is by using sprinklers wetting everything, I use drip tape

and have less problems, also straw mulch or plastic row cover helps with the weeds

and saves on evaporation. Row cover comes in several sizes, silver on black. If you

use drip and row cover, you need to put the tape an inch or two below the soil so

the row cover doesn't burn the drip tape.

The most important thing to remember when looking for the main chem's at a Ag Store

is not to say hydroponics, as 99.9% of the time you'll be talking over their heads.

Just ask for the name and the NPH's of the product.

In Home Ag Magazine, there are fertilizer adds for WESCO and other Co's that sell

Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate and so on, a picture is a great way to show what

you want, and it's in Thai.

rice555

post-37242-0-04635100-1410297364_thumb.p

post-37242-0-82589100-1410297411_thumb.j

Hello All, here's some of the Mag adds that you can show and tell when looking

for mix your own, except the individual micro, the last pic, next to the top row has

some of the micro's on my bill pic on this thread.

Some Co's have different NPK numbers for the same thing, if it's different, you

need to use one of the free nutrient calculator to get the right amount to keep the

formula in the right %/NPK ratio.

rice555

1. 13-0-46 and 0-53-36(normally 0-52-34).

2. Ultrasol MPK 0-52-34 and Ultrasol K 13-0-46

3. WESCO has it all that you need, but for the micro's, Wesco has chelated and

sulphate of Fe, Co, Mn and Zn. Always use a chelated Fe, it comes in EDTA and

DTPA. In the pic of my micro's, the two bags with a creamish color is Mn and Zn

sulphate, price wise a lot cheaper than the chelate micros.

Wesco is the only place I found Sodium Molybdate(moly) and Solubor. If you use

boric acid, I have an P/N for a place that will EMS, they are in BKK, Korat and CM.

post-37242-0-51151900-1410333223_thumb.j

post-37242-0-34497400-1410333282_thumb.j

post-37242-0-44060600-1410333340_thumb.j

post-37242-0-80111800-1410333469_thumb.j

Mr Rice, once again thank you for your input and as always very informative,

After doing research on-line I think I now understand the relevance of NPK numbers,

You see I thought it was a matter of buying A and B packs, ready mixed but now realise that’s not the case.

The numbers you threw at me were a bit confusing but I came across a You Tube video that explained it in more detail

and in a way I could understand….(I think)

So I am again indebted to you for the information and I gives me a basis to start from…thanks again.

For other people reading this you maybe like to see the video explaining nutrients and their values and NPK numbers.

Its USA based but the info goes for any where. And remember it’s a guide only.

Have a Nice Day.

Edited by firefox999uk

Hello All, firefox999uk have you found the Fresh Gardens Face Book page? Lots of different

NTF set ups, from going through their pictures, here's the EC meter that I'm going to get.

Some other stuff if you grow on a large scale NTF with EC, pH and auto dosing.

They only sale liquid A-B concentrate.

ACK still sales liquid or dry A-B.

Some of my new hydro chilies a starting to pop up.

rice555

post-37242-0-84645600-1410942664_thumb.p

post-37242-0-30715000-1410942861_thumb.j

post-37242-0-91853900-1410942911_thumb.j