Thailand Elite PE visa, how fast you get it...

So if I live in Thailand on a TE and don't leave for a year every 90 days I must do a report ? This report is it done at immigration office? and does it cost money to do this every 90 days? On a TE entry

Correct and correct. It does not cost money to do this every 90 days. They have recently instituted an online method of doing this 90 days report. This is the easiest way although it is a new process and some have reported problems doing so. Many immigration offices let you file the 90 day report by mail. All immigration offices let you appear in person (or have someone appear for you) up to 15 days before your due date and up to 6 days after (a late grace period).

I understand that if you live in Bangkok Thai Elite will do the 90 days report for you. If you live elsewhere you must take care of this obligation yourself as explained above.

• Like 1

Can someone summarize this? Is 90 day reporting still a requirement?For the 5 year TE visa, to get another year permission to stay, you either

a) do a border run while the visa is still valid, or

cool.png go to local immigration office and apply for 1 year extension, no additional paperwork required.

It's basically a 5-year "no-doc" or "low-doc" multiple entry visa. Should be able to get up to 6 years out of it if you do a border run or extension request before expiry (border run is probably easier). And extensions are also 'no-doc'. (No additional documentation beyond application /passport photo).

So those who do not have thai family, retired, business, or school have a long-stay visa option. Or if you want a no-doc option and have the extra cash.

I am also lost about the Easy Access card. Is this a separate program? How does it differ from TE program?

Yes everyone does 90 reports. Everytime you leave the country and come back you get stamped in a year. If you dont leave its an extention at immigration with copy of passport and visa and completed TM7 form and 1900 bhts. Very easy to use. No I believe you cant extend it to 6 years. No idea about easy access card sorry. Maybe someone will know.

This link explains "easy access card."

http://integrity-legal.com/legal-blog/thailand-business/the-thailand-easy-access-card/

Looks like TE updated their main pages. They now emphasize the membership part FIRST. Then the 5 year visas (renamed Privilege Entry Visas), airport pickup, etc, are a benefit/privilige of the membership.

So now you have Individual Memership (2mil baht + 20k annual dues; 20 years), Family membership (1mil baht + 10k annual dues; depends on core member validity) , and Thailand Easy Access Membership (500k; 5 years). There was something labeled "Individual Membership for Property Co-Project"; not sure how it differs from the regular Individual membership, but it is (1Mil baht + 20k annual dues; 20 years). The Property Co-Project might be outdated because it is not mentioned in any other pamphlet or website.

http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

and here is a screenshot:

attachicon.gifThailand Elite chart of costs priviliges.jpg

And the pdf . There are actually several pdfs on the site, but they more or less say the same thing.

The 90 day reports can be done for you by a TE Personal Liason but only at the Chaengwattana (Bangkok) office.

Someone asked about the work permit. That is a separate process, but your TE Liason can help you with that in a 'streamlined' process. So hopefully people will report in the business section how that process works.

The "Individual Membership for Property Co-Project" is the membership based on buying a (specific) property, apparently TE have this cooperation with a property developer. The last time I checked (around Jan), there are only two properties (and only in Phuket). If you buy one of these properties, you will be eligible to apply for the Individual Membership for Property Co-Project.

The above membership option is outdated and no longer offered.