Hawaii's 'Teddy's Bigger Burgers' expanding to Thailand

webfact

We have a few Teddy's locations in my home town on the mainland. I wasn't all that impresssed by the burgers and I found the 60s surf scene ambiance becomes rather annoying and too loud over time. But I think that the Thais will love that part of it. But compared to the burgers at some of the local dive bars and biker bars, well, the burgers fall way short. I haven't been back in a few years now. I should note that I have friends who love the place.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another attack to be mounted on the health of our children.

I would have thought the new Government would be keen, to keep Obesity at Bey in Thailand.

We don't need "Flabby Teddys", "Plastic Macs" or "Burper King" here to clog-up the arteries of our children.

lovely . . . more good ol' american wholesome food, making it's way to the LOS . . thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

can't wait 'til the 'Heart Attack Grill' open their first outlet in Bangkok . . . Thai's will surely be flocking en-masse to it. (won't they? xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeC.png )

heartattack1.jpg

licklips.gif(the burgers don't look too bad either)

YUM.jpgteddys-bigger-burgers-honolulu-hi-burger

These look pretty good.

Has anyone ever tasted a Teddy's Bigger Burger?

Any resemblance between the advertising photos and the delivered product is purely coincidental.

That is the most disgusting looking food I have seen for a long time......NO THANKS!!!

lovely . . . more good ol' american wholesome food, making it's way to the LOS . . thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif

can't wait 'til the 'Heart Attack Grill' open their first outlet in Bangkok . . . Thai's will surely be flocking en-masse to it. (won't they? xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeC.png )

heartattack1.jpg

licklips.gif(the burgers don't look too bad either)

couldn't watch the entire video, turned green and wanted to vomit. How can americans eat this rubbish

Now if they fried the fries in lard then I would eat them.

Me too. I'm old enough to remember when the fast food places switched from lard to vegetable oils. They did it because the lard was "bad for you" Fries were never the same, but we adapted to our lowered expectations- kicking and screaming- but we adapted

EEEE! By Guum, them were the days, Noon of that foreign muuk for me! meat, two veg and chips all fried in lard, I'll 'ave you know!!!!!cheesy.gif

I eat at Teddy's when Im in Hawaii, great burgers but severely expensive and the flavor of the beef varies. Sometimes its full of flavor, other times there is no taste at all.

Burgers are already at the $10 mark in Hawaii. Burgers in Thailand should not exceed 150 baht

R.I.P. Teddy

10 USD for a hamburger. You have to be kidding me. Mince steak which comprises of the left overs, noses, uteruses, the hoofs and Americans charge 10 USD for what was once fertiliser. Talk about junk food and the U.S is about to poison you and screw yo over again Thailand. You say you have never been colonised? What a joke the U.S has you by your balls and is poisoning you. Hamburgers, doughnuts, coke and everything else. You are colonised and don't even know it

Removed. Duplicate post.

Edited by waynethor

I eat at Teddy's when Im in Hawaii, great burgers but severely expensive and the flavor of the beef varies. Sometimes its full of flavor, other times there is no taste at all.

Burgers are already at the $10 mark in Hawaii. Burgers in Thailand should not exceed 150 baht

R.I.P. Teddy

10 USD for a hamburger. You have to be kidding me. Mince steak which comprises of the left overs, noses, uteruses, the hoofs and Americans charge 10 USD for what was once fertiliser. Talk about junk food and the U.S is about to poison you and screw yo over again Thailand. You say you have never been colonised? What a joke the U.S has you by your balls and is poisoning you. Hamburgers, doughnuts, coke and everything else. You are colonised and don't even know it

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you don't like America or Americans. I see you've posted about 4 times in this topic and in almost everyone of them you bashed America. I don't care if you do, and you're definitely not alone here. It just surprised me how many people have jumped on a post about a burger that really comes from a place that's more Polynesian than American to bash Americans.

It happens all the time here, and I really don't see any other nationality being treated the same way. As I said, I don't really care. I'm not American, but I've traveled very much in the USA, and during those travels I met some of the nicest and most generous people you could imagine. Do you America bashers really believe that Yankee human nature is different than any other nationality's human nature? If so, than you really need to think about how rational that idea is.

I hate a lot of American politics, and people like George Bush Jr. and his evil henchman Cheney did irreparable damage to the US reputation, but in your heart you must know that there are many nice and kind Americans just like there are many nice and kind Thais, Brits, Aussies, etc. because human nature is human nature. It is only flavoured by culture.

During my regular visits to Oahu Hawaii, I've tried most of Teddy's menu items and really liked their chicken sandwich. The burgers were also good and the tater tots were a change from regular fries, but I still prefer the onion rings or better yet, zuccini fries at Carl's Jr. I look forward to trying Teddy's here in Thailand as I have Carl's, Krispy Kreme, etc.. smile.png

Burgers, donuts and other similar foods are not part of my daily diet, but they're a good treat on "ocassion," otherwise I'd have to visit a cardiologist. As in most things, moderation and a little self-control are required to live a long healthy life, but sometimes a few 'bad' things make it more fun and enjoyable.

Enjoy life your way!

P.S. Fresh daily "Spam Musubi" from the Hawaiian 7-11 stores are also great, but not sure they'll be offered at local Thai 7-11's anytime soon, so I'll continue to have the local bbq pork with sticky rice on ocassion :) instead of my morning oatmeal.

Edited by losgrad

Looky here you people who sit on your high horse of health food products...

Nobody needs to be told this stuff is unhealthy. In fact, the bottom line is....people buy it. We call it business.

So you need government to tell you it is wrong to eat burgers and fries? In fact...it seems many people want the government to stop selling unhealthy foods, because people are too stupid to decide what to eat on their own???

Seriously...get a life. If a buffet is put in front of you..go for the bean sprouts and carrots. Nobody gives a darn. Let the rest of us alone. We like a beer, some wild women and an occasional heart attack burger. It is called.....Iduntgiveaflyinfuq.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How much Spam do they have in them?

I can't help but think of that old Monty Python song.......spam spam spam spam....

And just why the he!! is Spam so popular in Hawaii?

Just what Thai kids need, eh? Unhealthy food from another corporate food company more interested in the bottom line than making food fit for human consumption. Who was it that said the growth of fast western foods in Thailand exactly mirrored the growth of western-style health problems in kids: obesity, asthma, behavioural problems, learning difficulties and so on. Shame on this company for expoliting peoples' weakness for eating cr*p.

Have you seen what they serve in the stalls outside of most schools nowadays? If you dont like burgers then dont eat them. Burgers are not that unhealthy, its the soft drinks that are. Fries fried in polyunsaturated veg oil is also toxic, but the burgers are not. Now if they fried the fries in lard then I would eat them.

It's not necessarily that Burgers per se are unhealthy, but the whole package, including this growth in encouraging Thais to eat wheat which is incredibly bad for a lot of Thais and is also causing health problems. The animals that make this beef are fed steroids, so that doesn't help either. To repeat, Thais do not need Western Fast Food. But western fast food companies need Thais (etc) to increase their bottom line. To me when I see the enormous amount of obese, hugely obese peeps in the USA,........ say no more

I agree with what you are saying. I dont eat wheat unless its my once a month burger or pizza if on holidays. The burger joints are already here. At $10 a burger I dont think many Thais will be eating then daily. I am sure they really appreciate your concern for their well being. I personally am only thinking of myself. Will definitely try one or two when I get a chance. I'll skip the fries and coke though.

Just what the country needs another disgusting American Junk Food chain. Can't stand American food it is poisonous and this one also looks set to block the arteries of many Thais

I can't stand America in general, well to be more precise the US

Just what the country needs another disgusting American Junk Food chain. Can't stand American food it is poisonous and this one also looks set to block the arteries of many Thais

Then go hide in a cave....

we can't stand the sight of your whining lips anyways. And the breadth of your ignorant rant on not liking a whole Nation of people is not quite as wide as the width of empty space between your ears. Nobody needs you to like us.

Not on a mission to be the most popular people on the planet.... we just do what we do.....

Edited by slipperylobster

What's with all the haters?

"Cheeseburger in Paradise. That American creation which I crave..." Jimmy Buffet

I love a good cheeseburger!

As for beef, well I'm an Alberta Canada boy and our beef is second to none!! Grass-fed. None of that funny corn-fed stuff....

All about choices. Some people think they are smarter than the rest. They sit on yoga mats, drink Perrier and munch on carrots and bean sprouts. Nobody calls them stupid.....but...

lol Chill out with a burger and fries, a cold beer and watch the girlie show mates. If you don't want the burger, go next door and get fish and chips. I eat that too.

Crikey...you are in Thailand. You already beat the odds if you are over sixty. Your death is going to be from a speeding van/scooter/bus ride.....not a burger from the usa.

Get a life.

Edited by slipperylobster

How much Spam do they have in them?

I can't help but think of that old Monty Python song.......spam spam spam spam....

And just why the he!! is Spam so popular in Hawaii?

"According to the SPAM website, the island's love affair with Spam began in World War II, when GIs were served the salty luncheon meat because it didn't require refrigeration and had a long shelf life. The Hormel Corporation, which manufactures Spam, provided 15 million cans to Allied troops every week. Between 1941 and 1945, Hormel had shipped over 100 million pounds overseas."

Thanks. I haven't had Spam in decades but I can sort of remember enjoying it fried but finding disgusting right out of that can.

And that is unusual for canned food?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

we can't stand the sight of your whining lips anyways. And the breadth of your ignorant rant on not liking a whole Nation of people is not quite as wide as the width of empty space between your ears. Nobody needs you to like us.

Not on a mission to be the most popular people on the planet.... we just do what we do.....

I've got nothing against the U.S or Americans, it is just their cuisine that is hard to stomach horrible food. I think seafood is disgusting also but no offence meant to fishermen.

I've got nothing against the U.S or Americans, it is just their cuisine that is hard to stomach horrible food. I think seafood is disgusting also but no offence meant to fishermen.

Exactly what I mean. What the hay is this about? American Food? It's beef you stooges. Ground up beef. Some bread, and a slice of cheese. Why does that make it American? Bread, beef, cheese and an onion or tomato. Is that something you never tasted in your own impoverished country?

What about all those greasy meat pies with kidneys and hearts in them? You think that is any better?

Thanks. I haven't had Spam in decades but I can sort of remember enjoying it fried but finding disgusting right out of that can.

Teddys uses only 100% fresh chilled ground chuck (no fillers or binders). Burgers are hand pattied daily and always charbroiled to order. http://teddysbiggerburgers.com/about-us.html

I think it's very unfortunate that someone's off-handed comment/joke about Hawaii's history with spam somehow has managed to hijack the point of this thread....

I don't know Teddy's, but I'm pretty certain, as the prior post notes, they're not going to be serving spam burgers in Thailand.

The Teddy's hamburgers and sides depicted in the above photos look pretty good.... And no...they're not made from ham...either.

Teddys uses only 100% fresh chilled ground chuck (no fillers or binders). Burgers are hand pattied daily and always charbroiled to order. http://teddysbiggerburgers.com/about-us.html

I think it's very unfortunate that someone's off-handed comment/joke about Hawaii's history with spam somehow has managed to hijack the point of this thread....

I don't know Teddy's, but I'm pretty certain, as the prior post notes, they're not going to be serving spam burgers in Thailand.

The Teddy's hamburgers and sides depicted in the above photos look pretty good.... And no...they're not made from ham...either.

This thread is an example how low life individuals, who just feel crappy about things in general, try to badmouth a new business....even before it arrives. I say Bravo to Teddy's. Thanks for giving us more choices. Good luck and hope you make a mint.

All these beetchy naysayers will be lined up for a good ole American treat. No doubt about it. They will be disguising their voices to sound like popular Americans....like Bush and Obama. Cutting in line...for a greasy bag full of burgers and fries.

Aren't you being just a bit too dramatic? There have been a lot of overly dramatic and severely exaggerated posts today, but at least I know why. It's a full moon today.

And what exactly is the original point of this thread, to give some free advertising to a burger joint?

As for Slipperlobster's reply to your post, saying that I'm a low life for making a harmless remark about Spam...well, I'm pretty much speechless. Lunacy at it's highest point!

If I ever get so upset about something so trivial to make such dramatic posts about a frigin' hamburger, please put me out of my misery or check me in to the loony bin.

This thread is an example how low life individuals, who just feel crappy about things in general, try to badmouth a new business....even before it arrives. I say Bravo to Teddy's. Thanks for giving us more choices. Good luck and hope you make a mint.

All these beetchy naysayers will be lined up for a good ole American treat. No doubt about it. They will be disguising their voices to sound like popular Americans....like Bush and Obama. Cutting in line...for a greasy bag full of burgers and fries.

No, no I won't unfortunately. I don't like to eat food that isn't really food when you think about it. This is a small piece of the ever growing problem here in Thailand, remember that fattening thread recently, yea this is kind of why, murica. People need to be educated on eating healthily and to stay away from fast food joints. Your 'American treats' are American nonos

post-216306-0-61686500-1410332197_thumb.

Aren't you being just a bit too dramatic? There have been a lot of overly dramatic and severely exaggerated posts today, but at least I know why. It's a full moon today.

And what exactly is the original point of this thread, to give some free advertising to a burger joint?

As for Slipperlobster's reply to your post, saying that I'm a low life for making a harmless remark about Spam...well, I'm pretty much speechless. Lunacy at it's highest point!

If I ever get so upset about something so trivial to make such dramatic posts about a frigin' hamburger, please put me out of my misery or check me in to the loony bin.

what does spam have to do with Teddy's burgers???

Just stick with your chip butties and deep fried mac and cheese, dont forget the sausage rolls. Any excuse to bash Americans. pretty pathetic really. No I aint American.

Those foods are just as bad, and that is besides the point. American culture and their ways needs a good bashing from time to time, ruining the entire world

Just stick with your chip butties and deep fried mac and cheese, dont forget the sausage rolls. Any excuse to bash Americans. pretty pathetic really. No I aint American.

what are those things you speak of? Deep fried cheese sounds disgusting, doesn't it just melt in the oil?