Good Place For Nearly New Cars

Digger

I have seen ads for Land Rover selling off their demo models, normally once a year at some big bun fight but never see it for any other premium brands. How do the likes of BMW and Mercedes dispose of their cars that they use for marketing purposes? if you ask a Benz dealer - they say they dont have them - so how do they sell them on? I guess they must be auctioned off but does anyone know for sure. For example, I was thinking Chevrolet must have those 4L monsters they import from Australia where its known as the Commodore - but you never see them for sale as nearly new car.

Anybody any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

The dealers usually have a demo or two for sale. If you're going to go that route it's worth looking at the second-hand market as the discounts aren't usually very steep.

When I first moved to Thailand they had a post-financial-crash Ssanyong Musso auction at Queen Sirikit, something like 50 autos. I went there hoping to pick one up for, like, 1000 baht. They went for about 1.5m a piece, only about a 25% discount.

Not much bargains to be had out there.

Friend of mine works for Chevy. Says they only have the Lumina and it's a V6. Have been urging him to bring in a Corvette but considering the engine size it's a bit unlikely.