Visa Run By Plane.

They are still advertising around the island. I would give them a call. Id like to know this as well.

It might be cool to get 5-6 people to split the cost and fly over to ranong. Im sure it cant be that expensive. And split among 6 people it might be the same price as taking the mini bus but it would be much faster.

They are still advertising around the island. I would give them a call. Id like to know this as well.

It might be cool to get 5-6 people to split the cost and fly over to ranong. Im sure it cant be that expensive. And split among 6 people it might be the same price as taking the mini bus but it would be much faster.

Last I heard a price, a while ago ,was in the vicinity of a few thousand per person.Correct me if I'm wrong , but was it about BHT 12,000.00?

Why not call them and ask? Website with contact page is:

http://www.cocoseaplanes.com/contact.htm

Thanks, but the sites not optional, guess they are really not flying in the near future. But if its 12K Baht for 6 people, then its 2,000pp, which I'd do instead of the vans with the Fomula 1 want-to-bes

that will get us killed one day, special when racing each other on the winding mountain road over Thailand. hel_l ja, that costs 1.500, and a shitty "meal". Rather see the landscape from the air and 40 mins. isn't bad at all, fact its a gas love small planes. Hope they get arunnin' soon, but the proble is getting insurrance for the passengers, cause if we have to pay that our selves, then it's Sitting with the "Kamakasies" over the mountains.

I flew in January. We war 8 Person. The price was 5100 Bath plus 300 Bath airport tax. We leave the Airport at 8:00 clock AM and we been back at 12:00 AM. Great! If the will fly again, I will use this way to do my runs.

I flew in January. We war 8 Person. The price was 5100 Bath plus 300 Bath airport tax. We leave the Airport at 8:00 clock AM and we been back at 12:00 AM. Great! If the will fly again, I will use this way to do my runs.

.....if it ever runs again that is...... :o

.....if it ever runs again that is...... :o

What do u mean?

Is that supposed to be funny, I'm guessing that you are happy at their missfortune of not getting the license to land on the sea and run the business as it was initially intended.

why?

.....if it ever runs again that is...... :D

What do u mean?

Is that supposed to be funny, I'm guessing that you are happy at their missfortune of not getting the license to land on the sea and run the business as it was initially intended.

why?

How do you know it is the license for landing on sea that makes them not fly, I guess it's rather the license to carry paying passengers that is holding them up...... and no...I don't think its funny, would love to take a trip on a sea plane...... :o

I think you have to be careful when making comments about someone's business without knowing the facts. A lot of damage can be done by mistake. I spoke to the people involved in this venture a while back (I do not have any business or personal connection with them!). I seem to remember that the licence issue was quite complicated. They need commercial licences for the the plane AND the pilots to operate from the land AND the water. This being Thailand, is not straight forward and is further complicated by the requirement for one of the licences (the water one I think) to be held by a Thai national. There are also complicated issues around landing sites on water etc etc. Again I am only giving the information that I am aware of but would urge anyone who wants to know the current situation to contact the company either on the contacts page I listed earlier, or by walking into their offices in Time Square and asking them. If I was in Thailand at the moment, I would call them and ask, but I am too stingy to call from the UK!

Charma you are right, there are many complex issues involved with setting this operation up.

Because of the differing requirements to operate from land and water a two part process has now been introduced.

Firstly to operate from Samui Airport to land based airports i.e. Ranong. The application to operate commercially is with the Thai Aviation authorities and will then require ministerial approval. This process is now in at an advanced stage.

Secondly to operate from water based sites at Plai Lam, Koh Tao and Ang Thon. Some approvals have alteady been given for these sites but the environmental impact study still remains to be completed. Future plans include Koh Phangan and other sites on Samui.

The licence issue is complicated by the fact that Thai national pilots who meet the stringent insurance requirements for seaplane operations are not readily available. It is necessary to seek exemptions to employ expat pilots until the requirments have been met.

The price of Aviation fuel at Samui is expensive, based on current prices and operating out of Samui airport a Ranong trip will be around 6900 Baht return incl.

It is hoped to start the first phase in the next couple of months. Once approval is given a full advertising campaign will take place.