Seperated with ex-wife, can i get dependant visa (Child)?

Hi, considering stop working and take some time off from working.

I have a child with a Thai Citizen, but no longer/currently together with my wife (soon ex)

Never married in Thailand, Child is an EU citizen, Thai ID is to be fixed soon.

Due to lack of job oppertunities around here and my wish to be a part of my daughters life i would like to stay in the Kingdom for now.

Question: Is a dependant visa/extension an option for me, considering im not married to the mother (in thailand) and we not any longer live together?

If possible, what would such option be called? Is it a Visa or an extension to stay based on children?

p.s. To young for retirement visa, but Im aware of Elite Card as an option, but thats far more expensive.

Visa from abroad you can get if you are on the Thai birth certificate.

Extension of stay, if your are the legal father of the child.

Since you never married the mother in Thailand you must first legalize your child.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

Does you child have a Thai birth certificate? If yes are they registered in a house book?

If you can prove that you are the father of your child you might be able to get a multiple entry non-o visa in Europe at a honorary Thai consulate.

You can get a single entry non-o visa at most embassies and consulates,

You can get a 60 day extension of stay to visit your child at immigration.

In order to get a one year extension of stay based upon being a parent of a Thai you must be the legal father of your child by was of legitimization,

Im listed as father on the original birth birth certificate but in Europe. Child does not have any Thai documents yet (child is less than 15yo and currently overstaying i guess)

So, if i understand your responses, in order to get 1y extension, we need to do the following

1. Get the child registered in Thailand with me as a father

2. leave Thailand, get a single entry non-o

3. apply for an 1y extension in Thailand

Did i miss something?

What about the fact, that i not live anymore with the (ex)wife? its not important in this case?

Thanks a lot for your help. much appriciated.

Registring the child means applyiing for a Thai birth certificate at the Thai embassy in the country the chid was born, which can be done through the Thai Foreign Ministry, Thai consuar department in Bangkok.

Point 3 will require the child (also) lives with you and that the divorce agreement gives you shared custody.

I have a son in Thailand, but was never married.

I am traveling to Thailand since many years with a non immigrant O visa multiple entries, based on having a child in Thailand.

visa is always issued in Miami.

no problem at all, just show the birth certificate with my name on, a recent bank statement and the flight details.

thaisabai

Visa from abroad you can get if you are on the Thai birth certificate.

Extension of stay, if your are the legal father of the child.

Since you never married the mother in Thailand you must first legalize your child.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381917-how-to-gain-parental-rights-as-a-father/

I was recently denied a multi non-O by the London Embassy on the grounds that my son is not legitimized. Supplied them his Thai birth cert with me named as the father on it, but they weren't interested. Said I either needed a marriage cert of legitimization documents from Family Court.

So you mileage may vary on this particular tactic.

Now in the process of legitimizing him here.

Edited by RedCardinal

Im listed as father on the original birth birth certificate but in Europe. Child does not have any Thai documents yet (child is less than 15yo and currently overstaying i guess)

So, if i understand your responses, in order to get 1y extension, we need to do the following

1. Get the child registered in Thailand with me as a father

2. leave Thailand, get a single entry non-o

3. apply for an 1y extension in Thailand

Did i miss something?

What about the fact, that i not live anymore with the (ex)wife? its not important in this case?

Thanks a lot for your help. much appriciated.

I just registered my son as a Thai national born abroad, fairly easy to do, at the Thai embassy, your going to need your ex wife's cooperation though, they want to see her house book, birth certificates etc. once that's done you have to register them on a house book in Thailand after which they can obtain an ID card and Thai passport. don't forget the previous comment "Legitimized", they will need to see the wedding certificate, and if legitimized is what I think it means, you will need to ensure its dated prior to the birth certificate, but that's just a guess.

Cheers & good luck