Pay up or face legal action, Thai customs chief says as 400 cars go missing

webfact

This issue has to be one of the easiest ones to fix - the State should assess customs tax upon entry into the country.

Let the warehouse owner worry about possible disappearances of vehicles from the premises. To assure reimbursement of the paid tax, operating costs, and profit margin from customers who ordered the vehicles, the warehouse owner is free to take whatever security measures it feels necessary to protect the property at its own expense. There is no need for the State to secure the property nor account for its disappearance.

• Like 1

Please K. Somchai how dis they get the vehicles out of the secure warehouses in the first place ?

Oh my brain hurts.

"I'm just popping-out with it, to the local discoount wash/wax/dry service down the road, no need to make a record of this conversation" ? rolleyes.gif

:-)

Edited by Phuketboy

Please K. Somchai how dis they get the vehicles out of the secure warehouses in the first place ?

Oh my brain hurts.

"I'm just popping-out with it, to the local discoount wash/wax/dry service down the road, no need to make a record of this conversation" ? rolleyes.gif

Capt. Lawrence Oates of the Customs Dept., " I am just going out, I may be some time ".

PS. So may the cars.

If you read the article it clearly states that they had been taken out of the warehouses and put on public display but not returned. There is no law against putting them on display, but due to them not being returned, they have now committed tax evasion.

Oh my brain hurts.

Capt. Lawrence Oates of the Customs Dept., " I am just going out, I may be some time ".

PS. So may the cars.

If you read the article it clearly states that they had been taken out of the warehouses and put on public display but not returned. There is no law against putting them on display, but due to them not being returned, they have now committed tax evasion.

Well it's all clear now apart from who was allowed to take them out and who authorised it ?

Who was responsible for returning the cars to bond and din't and who didn't ask questions ?

Who was in charge of the public display, David Copperfield ?

• Like 1

Chief Somchai runs his Customs department as well as he does run the Lottery too, so it seems, meaning ...

It looks like he, together with many people under him, at both sides, would do well with a tar-and-feathers' attire...

Who is in the end responsible, where does the buck stop, ...Chief Somchai?

Wonder whether he and his family have ever been investigated for abnormal wealth, but could guess why not.

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 1

This is Asia. Wealthy people stay wealthy and poor people stay poor. Get over it. Nothing has changed in a thousand years. Faces have changed, but business is as usual. We won't see anything happen at all except more inertia.

But it makes for fun speculation and rugby politics -- "My team is better!"

Wow. They keep us occupied bickering about which pot is less black than the kettle. I love Thai news, and I wish they would add the scooby doo sound effects, just to make everything more serious.,.....here's your card.

Oh my brain hurts.

PS. So may the cars.

all 400 or is it 500 give or take a few put on display in one show,what about the other entrants,so how big was the show room.

and as for the playing of the sound effects what about the pink panther theme with peter sellers as inspector clousor even he could work this one out.

• Like 1

This is ridiculous, he's scolding them like schoolboys, common lads pay up and well forget about the whole thing.

He's not a bit embarrassed about the whole bloody scam, why, cause its been normal in this Country since, well take a guess.

Again, ive said it before, they live in a bubble, are not intouch with the real world in any one way !

No one will do time for this, the officials in Customs will be scolded as well and when it all dies down be back fleecing customers again.

When oh when will they make any sense, roll on ASEAN .