Toshiba's Customer Support Service

alexth

I just hanged up the phone after a conversation with the most idiotic person I've ever spoke to. Here is the story, I've purchased a Toshiba M70-P546 a few months ago. At first I had big surprises...after partitioning my HDD in 2 (a 20Gb partition for the operating system and the rest for the pictures, music, videos and other stuff I have). I was surprised to find the partition erased and all my saved data lost. Ok, I was lucky I had them all on an external HDD. What makes me crazy is installing that image everytime I need my laptop redone. For 1st, having an image with all your programs it's "no good" for the computer, Windows crashes more often. 2nd, they are forcing me to install dozens of software that I don't need and as soon as I reinstall Windows, I have to spend loads of time uninstalling them and defragmenting the disk...upgrades are very difficuly to be made...I have all that configfree utility (it's crap if you ask me)...so....

I call Toshiba technical support centre and tell them I would like to upgrade to Windows XP Professional...the answer was: Why would you want to do that?...Ok, I'm crazy and I don't want to do that anymore. I ask them: Where can I find the drivers separately?...the answer was: Why would you want to do that?...After convincing him that I really want to do that, he tells me that the separated drivers are available for download on the Toshiba Asia website (totally untrue) and after getting almost bashed for my opinion he finally checks and realizes that I was right, there aren't any drivers available separately on the Toshiba Asia website and again he starts..."would you want to do that?"

Am I crazy here? Wasn't he supposed to help me? I am really sorry, because from my experinece, Toshiba is one of the most reliable notebooks on the market, the last one kept running for almost 7 years, 7 yeard of constant use, travel and hard work. What in the world is wrong with these customer support guys?

I just hanged up the phone after a conversation with the most idiotic person I've ever spoke to. Here is the story, I've purchased a Toshiba M70-P546 a few months ago. At first I had big surprises...after partitioning my HDD in 2 (a 20Gb partition for the operating system and the rest for the pictures, music, videos and other stuff I have). I was surprised to find the partition erased and all my saved data lost. Ok, I was lucky I had them all on an external HDD. What makes me crazy is installing that image everytime I need my laptop redone. For 1st, having an image with all your programs it's "no good" for the computer, Windows crashes more often. 2nd, they are forcing me to install dozens of software that I don't need and as soon as I reinstall Windows, I have to spend loads of time uninstalling them and defragmenting the disk...upgrades are very difficuly to be made...I have all that configfree utility (it's crap if you ask me)...so....

I call Toshiba technical support centre and tell them I would like to upgrade to Windows XP Professional...the answer was: Why would you want to do that?...Ok, I'm crazy and I don't want to do that anymore. I ask them: Where can I find the drivers separately?...the answer was: Why would you want to do that?...After convincing him that I really want to do that, he tells me that the separated drivers are available for download on the Toshiba Asia website (totally untrue) and after getting almost bashed for my opinion he finally checks and realizes that I was right, there aren't any drivers available separately on the Toshiba Asia website and again he starts..."would you want to do that?"

Am I crazy here? Wasn't he supposed to help me? I am really sorry, because from my experinece, Toshiba is one of the most reliable notebooks on the market, the last one kept running for almost 7 years, 7 yeard of constant use, travel and hard work. What in the world is wrong with these customer support guys?

I can confirm the very bad service from Toshiba. particular Toshiba Thailand in BKK Chatuchak .

They screwed up my Laptop back a while ... the first repair took them 8 month !!! and than i got the thing back and still didn't work (shut down and never started after 5 min run), so when i brought it back ..i had only questionmarks from them but no answers. Following up on this with the Police (friend ) i finally got a new Laptop as they repaired the other one to Death...

Of course, this also resulted my second Laptop for Wife is not a Toshiba anymore.

rcm :o

I can confirm the very bad service from Toshiba. particular Toshiba Thailand in BKK Chatuchak .

They screwed up my Laptop back a while ... the first repair took them 8 month !!! and than i got the thing back and still didn't work (shut down and never started after 5 min run), so when i brought it back ..i had only questionmarks from them but no answers. Following up on this with the Police (friend ) i finally got a new Laptop as they repaired the other one to Death...

Of course, this also resulted my second Laptop for Wife is not a Toshiba anymore.

Hmm, I've always had very good experiences with Toshiba laptops. Performance and quality, I still do believe that Toshiba is one of the best laptops and if you ask me...I think the best notebooks are Dell (not available in Thailand), Toshiba and Alienware (also not available in Thailand).

Hmm, I've always had very good experiences with Toshiba laptops. Performance and quality, I still do believe that Toshiba is one of the best laptops and if you ask me...I think the best notebooks are Dell (not available in Thailand), Toshiba and Alienware (also not available in Thailand).

The laptops are OK, but the service is sh1t . If something happens don't ask Toshiba. If i can't have the service than i don't want the Product too. And there are other Companies that make nice laptops too. If this is a Dell, Sony or IBM any Company that gives good international Service (and a good product) wins for me....last time this was IBM .

rcm :D