Massive internet surveillance to begin Monday, report claims

davejonesbkk

• 2 weeks later...

They have been doing that since Thaksin. Why do you think there is a huge data bottleneck going through Bangkok? thumbsup.gif

yes big Thaksin project....can come what government non has a sense for freedom....Actually the same in Europe, where they now also block things

Actually, I feel as if I am in Europe 30 years ago regarding internet. I hardly bother to log on nowadays because of the speed and unavailability of many websites.

Webpages take 3 or 4 minutes to load.

More and more sites are blocked.

Yesterday, my Live score app stopped working using AIS. Switched to wifi... no problem.

I hate to think about it but when will Thai Visa be blocked?

Without VPN, download speeds from mediafire is 25kbyte/sec (which was 500-1000 kb/sec before)

With Singapore VPN, it is over 400kbyte/sec

However, it is not because of bw throttling. If they can inspect your packets, they will and this makes it slow (they need some sort of supercomputer to analyze all Thai internet)

When you connect via VPN, I think system realizes it can't inspect so it leaves you alone and your speed is unaffected!

I believe people complaining should have been red flagged as political activists.

My home has a very stardard True connection. There are between three to five computers connected at any given moment plus a number of phones and tablets and without being lightning fast the connection speed remains fairly decent 99% of the time.

I believe people complaining should have been red flagged as political activists.

My home has a very stardard True connection. There are between three to five computers connected at any given moment plus a number of phones and tablets and without being lightning fast the connection speed remains fairly decent 99% of the time.

I don't share anything about Thailand so your assumptions are wrong.

However, I live in a Thai populated area (Perhaps 5-10 farang in my area total) so they could be monitoring Thais and I'm the victim of their underpowered packet inspection servers.