Are all the products on lazada genuine?

bizzle

It arrived, and it's genuine

However, Lazada rally weren't much help at all. Found out the phone had been at the airport for four days and all they needed was a call from laZada confirming ( which is already given twice)

Anyways hopefully others will have better luck

• 2 weeks later...

if it's stated shipped from Hong Kong, that means import duties might be charged?

so that great deal might become expensive?

Lazada use their own shipping company so if there is, you won't hv to pay for it

Maybe someone else can confirm this...

• Like 1

if it's stated shipped from Hong Kong, that means import duties might be charged?

so that great deal might become expensive?

Lazada use their own shipping company so if there is, you won't hv to pay for it

Maybe someone else can confirm this...

I bought a phone from lazada (HK import, 20-24 days)

It arrived via DHL in 8-9 days. No duties.

• Like 1

Hi

She who must be obeyed and I would like car dash cams maybe from Lazada.

Can anyone recommend/criticise one?

Or are there any shops in CM selling them?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Buy dashcams from foxoffer.com

More choice, cheaper price.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Be careful when you buy stuff on Lazda. I have purchased several items from them that turned out to be fake. Recently I purchased a 126GB "Samsung" micro SD card with a r/w of 80/20 that wasn't made by Samsung, wasn't 128GB and had a r/w speed of 4/1. The following after I got the card I tried to return but Lazda refused the return request because I had the item for to long. So there is good reason for people to be concernd when purchasing expensive items from Lazada and next time I will just pay the premium to get it at Banana IT or Amazon. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2017 at 3:12 PM, bonk2665 said:

Be careful when you buy stuff on Lazada. I have purchased several items from them that turned out to be fake. Recently I purchased a 126GB "Samsung" micro SD card with a r/w of 80/20 that wasn't made by Samsung, wasn't 128GB and had a r/w speed of 4/1. The following after I got the card I tried to return but Lazada refused the return request because I had the item for to long. So there is good reason for people to be concerned when purchasing expensive items from Lazada and next time I will just pay the premium to get it at Banana IT or Amazon. 

"Buyer beware" is never more appropriate than in Thailand.  Most stores except the very largest ones will refuse to take back goods for any reason.  You buy it, you own it is the gold standard here.  Of course there will be exceptions but I will give you two good examples:

Banana electronics -  Purchased a router and found I had identical specs on a new one already at home.  Took it back same afternoon......"no refunds, no exchanges"  PERIOD.

MBK in Bangkok......purchase a specific brand of T-Shirts there,  have done so for 11 years.  Unfortunately we go to Bangkok infrequently and on one trip I bought 10 new shirts when the wife was busy elsewhere in the store.....she took one look at them and said you don't wear size M,  you wear size L.    O.K., next day on way out of town took them in and just tried to exchange them for the right size...........sorry, cannot exchange said the first clerk......went to a more senior clerk I thought, same answer.  The more I begged for them to just exchange them the more they started finding ways to disappear.   Ended up very embarrassed because I got mad as hell......but haven't forgot the lesson. 

On 18/05/2017 at 3:12 PM, bonk2665 said:

Be careful when you buy stuff on Lazda. I have purchased several items from them that turned out to be fake. Recently I purchased a 126GB "Samsung" micro SD card with a r/w of 80/20 that wasn't made by Samsung, wasn't 128GB and had a r/w speed of 4/1. The following after I got the card I tried to return but Lazda refused the return request because I had the item for to long. So there is good reason for people to be concernd when purchasing expensive items from Lazada and next time I will just pay the premium to get it at Banana IT or Amazon. 

I got ripped off at banana IT  with a fake or substandard micro SD 

They flat out refused to exchange or refund it and tried to ignore me and serve customers around me 

I made such a fuss  they called a manager from another shop who eventually agreed that the card  was defectively slow and issued a refund after about 45 min 

Only 700 or 800thb at the time but I don't like being scammed so be careful thinking they only will exchange things if they sell you complete garbage.... 

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to add input re Lazada since I make a lot of purchases on the platform as a Farang here in Thailand.  There is no question that there is a lot of junk and a lot of fake goods on the platform, but there is a lot of good-value items as well so you just need to use good judgment.

Lazada is much more lax in allowing sellers to sell compromised goods or to be misleading in their product descriptions than Amazon.  For instance, Lazada does not really police seller listings so most of the reviews left by so-called buyers are not legitimate reviews at all.  Product listing descriptions and pictures can be very misleading, if not downright dishonest.  What's more, some of the worst trash imaginable can be received! 

For example, I purchased a vacuum cleaner which looked very robust and well-made.  When it arrived, it looked nothing like the product pictures and the motor was so weak that it would barely pick up anything, and would overheat and shut off after about 3 minutes LOL!  I also bought a portable work-table which looked very sturdy and well-designed in the pictures but when I received it and assembled it, the legs on one side were longer than those on the other so anything you put on the table would just slide off onto the floor!

Thus, there is often no way to judge the quality of products or the reputation of the seller until the purchased item is actually received.  I would say that out of every 10 items I purchase, I end up not being happy with 3. 

On the other hand though, Lazada seems extremely good about their return policy.  I have never been refused a request to return items I am not happy with for any reason at all...never!  And, Lazada makes the return process very easy and quick; just print out a return label, slap it on the package and drop it off at a 7-11 store...it's that easy! The credit shows up on my credit card account within a week to ten days.

All-in-all, Lazada is a good place to make purchases.  It's certainly not up-to-par with Amazon but, more often than not, it meets my needs in a way that local brick-and-morter shops often can not....and to their credit, shipping is often unexpectedly fast!  Typical time to receive items stocked within the Kingdom is 2-3 days, or from China, 5-10 days in my experience.   Not bad at all!

Edited by CangguSurfer

Often the problem with getting "fake" products from Lazada is that people buy items which are a fraction of what you would pay for a genuine item then are surprised they are fake. If a 128 gb SD card is say 1000 baht then you will get a fake if the price is 300.

I buy a shed load of stuff from Lazada. Most of the 'stores' are just kids in mommy's spare room. I try to explain this to my wife, who just orders stuff willy nilly. About SD cards, there are 'official' stores from Sandisk etc etc, they're the stores to use for things like that. Also, many of the stores are Chinese clones of ebay sellers. I tend to order electronics components from them (as in actual bare components, resistors, diodes, not fully manufactured consumer electronics). What I find attractive is the cash on delivery option, if it doesn't show up, I don't lose.

However, if you buy things like phones or laptops on Lazada, you need your head examining. Sorry to be blunt. In this online world, one has to be more sophisticated with one's interpretation of caveat emptor. Thais in general aren't very sophisticated online, they're a snakeoil salesman's wet dream.

Edited by NilSS

11 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

I got a fake Samsung ssd last week on lazada so yes, theyre still selling a lot of fake crap and now i have the hassle of printing a label and posting it back to them

Since I'm looking to purchase a SSD as well, how do you recognize a fake one?

For a start look at the volume of buyers of the product and the reviews. I'm pretty sceptical with internet buying and if unsure I try to buy off more recognised sellers with a few reviews, obviously not foolproof but a good starting point....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Usually the serial number can be verified on the manufacturers website and the better brands have a warranty check built in

Performance too is a factor, my fake one is much slower than it should be too because i own others the exact same model