Are all the products on lazada genuine?

bizzle

Ive purchased a few electronic items from Lazada , the thing I noticed with some mobile phones is that if they say '' imported '' , they may not come with a full manufactures warranty or even no warranty and some times it not very clear in the products specification , so its best to directly confirm what the warranty period is before you purchase . The other thing ive noticed is that a product may not arrive with a sales receipt , just a delivery notice , and in some cases where a product is found to be later faulty and taken to a manufactures service outlet under the warranty period , they may ask for proof of purchase ( the sales receipt ) before any under warranty repair work can be carried out . As for dispatching a product and paying for it , I would recommend if possible to go for the COD option . Communication with Lazada for me has all ways been easy and helpful . Every thing I have purchased has been genuine

TLwai.gif

i think good advice from thai life i have also purchased items from lazada

good service and not a bad customer emmail system just make sure of the exact specs of any purchases

before you commit to buy as from my experience there refund system is not so good although they would have you believe otherwise according to the glitzy web site

i think good advice from thai life i have also purchased items from lazada

good service and not a bad customer emmail system just make sure of the exact specs of any purchases

before you commit to buy as from my experience there refund system is not so good although they would have you believe otherwise according to the glitzy web site

Thx mate

But this is my exact point: the specs on the cheaper models are not clear at all

I'm really stuck as to what to do as I really want one lol

• Like 1

When you look at a specific product some are shown as

Sold & Fulfilled by Lazada

I have bought several “stock products” shown as the above. They were all to my full satisfaction and includes two tablets and one phone. My wife returned something due to other reason and refund came within a week.

However many products are shown as

Sold & Fulfilled by “xxxxxx”

Some of these sellers of phones I have noticed are giving false information about normal retail prices and hereby by the “discount percentage” shown as well. If they fool around like this I will not consider anything from a seller like that.

Edited by fertilizer

I have bought many items from Lazada all but 1 have been perfect. The 1 item I bought was cheap and fell apart within days. I emailed them and they had me mail it back for full purchase price and reimbursed my mailing cost as well.

Can't ask for much more.

One day I was browsing Lazada and noticed an LG Ultra HD 55" TV that I was considering at HomePro. HomePro had it on sales from 99,000 to 59,900.

I saw the same TV same model number on Lazada for 33,600. Sold by Lazada and fulfilled by xxxx. I bought it. It was delivered in 2 days in perfect condition.

If you know what you want and the going price, you can do very well buying from Lazada.

Don't know how true this is but I heard they are owned by Alibaba.

Edited by Jeffrey346
  • Like 2

bought an ASUS Zenpad 7 some weeks ago, delivery was very fast (next day) and it is the real thing for a price I could not see anywhere else, including shipping by courier. Btw, great deal for a dual SIM phone tablet with SD card adapter. Works great, great for you tube and the usual day to day stuff. Great battery strength as well

I attempted to get Lazada to explain what it meant in terms of the warranty to buy an "imported" iPad. Might have been a language problem, but they basically refused to say that it would be covered as though I bought it in Thailand.

Can I take it to to any Apple authorized reseller in Thailand for warranty service? Pretty simple question to answer. They couldn't or wouldn't. Who knows.....?

I attempted to get Lazada to explain what it meant in terms of the warranty to buy an "imported" iPad. Might have been a language problem, but they basically refused to say that it would be covered as though I bought it in Thailand.

Can I take it to to any Apple authorized reseller in Thailand for warranty service? Pretty simple question to answer. They couldn't or wouldn't. Who knows.....?

I won't/wouldn't ever buy anything or take anything for repair or for them to even look at (take away behind closed doors and open up) to an Apple authorized reseller in Thailand...and I have nothing to support or back up my decision... other than I don't trust them.

I've bought of the Thai website, but all have shipped from Singapore or China...same with sending back for warranty... I'll only send it out of Thailand.

I'd love to hear about happy customers that have...and where they took it.

Several weeks ago, I purchased a inexpensive smartphone through LAZADA but fulfilled by another supplier. I used their very convenient "Over the Counter" payment service at 7/11; saves having to be present for COD delivery.

My phone was delivered within 5 days as promised. When I did an ANTUTU test on the phone, it revealed that the RAM and ROM had been overstated on the website. I called LAZADA customer service and in short order I was given a return authorization. I opted for a credit as by that time, I had decided to buy a brand name phone from them instead and applied the credit to the purchase price.

I was very satisfied with the way the situation was handled and will shop with them again.

• Like 2

I bought a MacBook Pro in America. 5 months later, I had a problem with the keyboard. I took it to the Apple authorized reseller who replaced the KB free as it was covered by Apple's Worldwide warranty.

Edited by Jeffrey346

Thx for the replies guys, great post

Well, I made it to Thailand so I guess the next step is to start shopping for the s5.

From what I can see, it does seem the standard model in Thailand will work in Sydney , well I bloody hope so lol

If anyone knows the answer to this question I'd live to hear more, however, thanks for all the advice on the buying/selling from lazada.

I think Lazada is really good, but beware of purchases supplied by 3rd parties. I was going to buy one of the iPhones, but decided against it in the end. Also some are listed as factory refurb. Gonna wait until the prices come down. I think the 6 will come soon, so the prices will tumble after that.

Several weeks ago, I purchased a inexpensive smartphone through LAZADA but fulfilled by another supplier. I used their very convenient "Over the Counter" payment service at 7/11; saves having to be present for COD delivery.

My phone was delivered within 5 days as promised. When I did an ANTUTU test on the phone, it revealed that the RAM and ROM had been overstated on the website. I called LAZADA customer service and in short order I was given a return authorization. I opted for a credit as by that time, I had decided to buy a brand name phone from them instead and applied the credit to the purchase price.

I was very satisfied with the way the situation was handled and will shop with them again.

I wish I knew what or who ANTUTU is. Sounds Swahili to me?

ANTUTU is a free Android app that details the specs and measures the performance of any Android device. It is available on Google play. It is very useful in determining if a phone or tablet has the specs claimed and for comparing the performance of various models.

If anybody is currently shopping for an Android phone and comparing models, one can usually find and "Un-boxing" video on YouTube for almost every phone being sold, including obscure Chinese brands sold on AliExpress and other Chinese online stores. Many of these videos show the ANTUTU score for that phone making choices easier.

Unfortunately, some cloned phones have a "rigged" version of ANTUTU pre-installed which gives false information and is very difficult to remove and replace with a genuine version.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1

ANTUTU is a free Android app that details the specs and measures the performance of any Android device. It is available on Google play. It is very useful in determining if a phone or tablet has the specs claimed and for comparing the performance of various models.

If anybody is currently shopping for an Android phone and comparing models, one can usually find and "Un-boxing" video on YouTube for almost every phone being sold, including obscure Chinese brands sold on AliExpress and other Chinese online stores. Many of these videos show the ANTUTU score for that phone making choices easier.

Unfortunately, some cloned phones have a "rigged" version of ANTUTU pre-installed which gives false information and is very difficult to remove and replace with a genuine version.

Many thanks for that. Learnt something today. Cheers

Ive purchased a few electronic items from Lazada , the thing I noticed with some mobile phones is that if they say '' imported '' , they may not come with a full manufactures warranty or even no warranty and some times it not very clear in the products specification , so its best to directly confirm what the warranty period is before you purchase .

Inspired by this thread, and my interest in buying a certain Sony phone, I sent a message to Lazada asking about the warranty. The intitial response from Lazada was within 12 hours, which is pretty good, IMHO. After a few exchanges, including an erroneous one which said the phone had a one-year Sony warrany, the bottom line is:

We would like to apologize for our mistake. We would like to inform you that this product do not have a warranty 1 year but if the product has problem within 14 days from you received the product you can contact us for your problem.

Thank you and have a good day!

The phone in question was being shipped from Hong Kong, so after they initially said it had a one-year warranty with Sony, I inquired if it were a worldwide guarantee, and that's when the above correction came in.

So, in my opinion, the phones are probably grey market, and not worth the trouble.

Ive purchased a few electronic items from Lazada , the thing I noticed with some mobile phones is that if they say '' imported '' , they may not come with a full manufactures warranty or even no warranty and some times it not very clear in the products specification , so its best to directly confirm what the warranty period is before you purchase .

Inspired by this thread, and my interest in buying a certain Sony phone, I sent a message to Lazada asking about the warranty. The intitial response from Lazada was within 12 hours, which is pretty good, IMHO. After a few exchanges, including an erroneous one which said the phone had a one-year Sony warrany, the bottom line is:

We would like to apologize for our mistake. We would like to inform you that this product do not have a warranty 1 year but if the product has problem within 14 days from you received the product you can contact us for your problem.

Thank you and have a good day!

The phone in question was being shipped from Hong Kong, so after they initially said it had a one-year warranty with Sony, I inquired if it were a worldwide guarantee, and that's when the above correction came in.

So, in my opinion, the phones are probably grey market, and not worth the trouble.

All the import phones say "import" at least that's what it seems! So an import would indeed be grey market.

Not all imports are "grey market." i.e. Simply being an import does not make an item grey market.

"A grey market, or parallel market, is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer." (Wikipedia definition, for lack of a better source.)

Acer computers are imported. iPhones are imported. Sony cameras are imported. Those phones on Lazada are imported. One of these things is not like the others.

Not all imports are "grey market." i.e. Simply being an import does not make an item grey market.

"A grey market, or parallel market, is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer." (Wikipedia definition, for lack of a better source.)

Acer computers are imported. iPhones are imported. Sony cameras are imported. Those phones on Lazada are imported. One of these things is not like the others.

If you look closely at lazada adds it only shows "import" against items that haven't come into the country via normal distribution routes. Off course the items you mentioned are imported into the country BUT by the manufacturer themselves not by a third party. The "import" is a third party importing from Malaysia or such like!

You really have to look at grey market within the context of the discussion not just Wikipedia!

• 2 weeks later...

So far my experience with lazada has been awful. They have cancelled my order twice even though confirming via phone and email and this time around they haven't cancelled but it has been in transit from bkk to Phuket for over a week.

Perhaps I'm just unlucky on this one but it's incredibly frustrating. To add, my iphone died yesterday so now I don't have a phone until this one decides to turn up

Edited by bizzle

I just ordered and got a new iPhone 5 from them... The process was fine... They sent me tracking on their website and then tracking from the couriers website when shipped took 4 days as described and COD on delivery... I live in Chiang Mai...

I just ordered and got a new iPhone 5 from them... The process was fine... They sent me tracking on their website and then tracking from the couriers website when shipped took 4 days as described and COD on delivery... I live in Chiang Mai...

Lucky wish mine went like that

Just sent a stinking email which I hope will sort them out a bit.