PM Prayuth is Thailand's 'Lord of the Rings'

webfact

SPECIAL REPORT
PM is Thailand's 'Lord of the Rings'

The Nation

30243442-01_big.jpg
Photo : Vorawit Pumpuang

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha flirted with the media after his first official Cabinet meeting yesterday, saying they were among his best friends.

He explained to reporters about his rings and a bracelet that he has worn for a long time due to traditional mystic and religious beliefs.

"The four rings which are named Wan-Phra, Wan-Namoh, Wan-Sondej, Wan-Noppakao. When I wear my [army] uniform I have to move them to my left hand, because wearing them on the right hand makes it hard to salute," he said.

Prayuth seemed to be in a cheerful mood yesterday and was asked by reporters why he generally seems happier than when he was Army chief.

He said: "I am always in a good mood, it's just sometimes I have to be patient.

"Sometimes it's not good if I speak too much, I get criticised if I say things that haven't been done, although they have been authorised."

He asked for reporters to support him by giving him time, rather than being quick to criticise.

"In the past four months the government has tried to solve problems that have been going on over the past few decades," he said, inferring that these problems would take time to be addressed.

He dismissed a claim that he doesn't like the press, although sometimes he can get moody with the media.

"The press is my great friend, together we survive."

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PM-is-Thailands-Lord-of-the-Rings-30243442.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-17

BSJ post # 10

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif OMG! Does he talk to the rings too?

Not a lot different to those who talk to imaginary winged harp playing beings or those who believe in endless supplies of virgins and honey or the promised land, reincarnation etc etc really is it?

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

"...I have to move them to my left hand, because wearing them on the right hand makes it hard to salute," he said." blink.png facepalm.gif

"...he has worn for a long time due to traditional mystic and religious beliefs." wai2.gif wai.gif

Still in the Dark Ages.

Too bad some of the recent stories in the other Newspaper can't be posted here re: this man's "beliefs".

Absolutely comical...

Well the General is not the only Prime Minister to believe in the ''Witch Doctor Advisory Consultation Service'' as the link shows us.

It appeared absurd to many: An occult ceremony to put a curse on the political foes of Thaksin Shinawatra and free him of his past karma as a prince warrior in ancient times who had much blood on his hands. this was a 2009 ritual

The ritual took place last month in Chiang Mai at Wat Umong, where a trance medium told the red-clad crowd presided over by Gen Chaisit Shinawatra – Thaksin’s cousin and former supreme commander of the armed forces – that the fugitive politician was in a past life a ruling prince warrior in an unknown northern principality under the names of Jao Moon Muang and Jao Sin, who killed and burglarised in warfare with Burma.

http://ce399esoterica.wordpress.com/2010/06/08/black-magic-politics-bangkok-post-16309/

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

In Tolkein's "Lord of the Rings" series the Dark (as in "evil") Lord Sauon created the One Ring to rule the other Rings of Power as the ultimate weapon in his campaign to conquer and rule all of Middle-earth.

It is the Nation that called Gen. Prayuth "Lord of the Rings." Gen. Prayuth himself is not quoted as using that phrase. However, I think given its occassional historical inaccuracy, and lack of knowledge of Western culture and literature, that the Nation was not making a deliberate comparison of Gen. Prayuth to Lord Sauron unless it meant to ridicule Gen. Prayuth's power over the Thailand People. I think the Nation was using the word "lord" simply as kind gesture of one who rules over his fingers. But the analogy would have been much more powerful (and journalistic) if it was meant to be Tolkein's "Lord of the Rings."

And here's another photo of George Bush (junior) in prayer.

Actually, I think most people in Europe simply don't realise how spiritual and religious Americans are. Yes, we're talking about a nation of "God, Guns, and Guts".[attachment=284040:bush-praying-white-house.

attachicon.gifbush-praying-white-house.jpg

Yes, and most of the time, it scares the hell out of this American under the move to the political right in the U.S. We seem to be unable to shake our Puritan righteousness. I hope our friends will just shake their heads, forbear and continue to strongly press for rational thought!

If the author of the article thought this was 'praising' of Prayuth, it's not. Read the entire tome:

"Three rings to the Elven kings under the sky
Seven to the Dwarf lords in their halls of stone.
Nine to mortal men doomed to die
and one to the dark lord on his dark throne
in the land of Mordor where the shadows lie

One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them
One ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the shadows lie."

-The Lord of the Rings

Actually, I think most people in Europe simply don't realise how spiritual and religious Americans are. Yes, we're talking about a nation of "God, Guns, and Guts".[attachment=284040:bush-praying-white-house.

post-90851-0-82626700-1410950096_thumb.j

Actually, I think he just caught her pickpocketing him and was in defensive mode

Edited by fab4

Actually, I think he just caught her pickpocketing him and was in defensive mode

"take your dirty hand off my knee" more like

Edited by ginjag

"take your dirty hand off my knee" more like

"That's not my knee" followed by Thai "ta dum" noises off