Huge drug seizure at a road checkpoint in Lampang

webfact

Huge drug seizure at a road checkpoint in Lampang

BANGKOK: -- Police in Lampang seized 172,000 methamphitamine tablets and one kilogramme of ice worth about 51 million baht from the fuel tank of a sedan which was stopped at a checkpoint in Mae Prik district.

The driver of the Toyota Camry, later identified as Chalermpol Banloengsanoh, a Bangkok resident, was arrested.

Acting on a tipoff that a substantial amount of narcotic drugs was to be transported through Lampang to Bangkok, Mae Prik district police were put on the alert and dispatched to man roadblocks on the highway.

It was reported that Chalermpol acted suspiciously when his car was stopped at the checkpoint on the Paholyothin highway in Mae Prik district. He showed off an ID card claiming to be an inspector to check on the performance of officials.

The police manning the checkpoint ignored the ID card which appeared to be a fake and searched Chalermpol’s car thoroughly. They removed the back seat and detected traces that the fuel tank was removed and refitted.

When the lid of the fuel tank was opened, the police found the ya ba wrapped in several plastic bags.

Police said that the ya ba which bore the brands of GGG, 3G and a tiger standing on a globe came from three refineries at the border and was meant to be sent to Bangkok and further downward.

The suspect claimed that he was paid 50,000 baht for each shipment and this was his third trial.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/huge-drug-seizure-road-checkpoint-lampang/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-09-19

I love how he admits to all his crimes previously.

I wonder how the police get these crooks to admit to things the police never knew about?

It's a scary thought.

Because confessing to the crime automatically reduces the sentence to 50%.

I love how he admits to all his crimes previously.

I wonder how the police get these crooks to admit to things the police never knew about?

It's a scary thought.

These guys are not mental giants. My money would be on him not knowing when to keep his mouth shut.

Sacrificial lamb,they have to allow them to catch some,while the rest

just sail on through, was it day or night when they stopped him?,as

usually they don't operate check points during the day only at night,

so a criminal mastermind would know not to drive at night....but

regards Worgeordie

ice and yabba is vile sh!te.

If you're referring to the active ingredient, methamphetamine, not everyone would agree with you, particularly those who have consumed it (e.g. as Desoxyn) to effectively treat ADHD and/or obesity.

If you're referring to impurities that may exist in "ice" and "ya ba", then you may be right. Impurities can be more dangerous than the active ingredient being sought. That is just one of the many reasons to why drugs should be legalized and regulated with strict quality controls.

I think you will find it's Dexamphetamine used to treat those conditions.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you're referring to the active ingredient, methamphetamine, not everyone would agree with you, particularly those who have consumed it (e.g. as Desoxyn) to effectively treat ADHD and/or obesity.

If you're referring to impurities that may exist in "ice" and "ya ba", then you may be right. Impurities can be more dangerous than the active ingredient being sought. That is just one of the many reasons to why drugs should be legalized and regulated with strict quality controls.

Its normally the purity rather than the impurity that kills

I think you will find it's Dexamphetamine used to treat those conditions.

Did you click on the Desoxyn link? Here are the basic details:

Generic Name: Methamphetamine (meth-am-FET-uh-meen) Hydrochloride (HCl)

Brand Name: Desoxyn®

Manufacturer: Lundbeck

What is Desoxyn®?

Marketed under the brand Desoxyn®, Methamphetamine HCl functions as a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant and has been FDA approved for the treatment of attention deficity hyperactivity disorder in adults and children, as well as for obesity.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Its normally the purity rather than the impurity that kills

If consumers knew beforehand the exact concentration (either percentage of active ingredient of total weight or amount in milligrams per tablet or capsule) of the drug that they had bought, they would be able to more easily dose appropriately. Most drug consumers want to experience the effects of the drug without any intention to die from it. A regulated drug market (as the pharmaceutical drugs market is) would have strict rules on packaging on which the concentration is printed, so consumers have less risk of overdose. An illegal drugs market has no such regulation on purity or concentration and therefore risk of overdose is higher if drugs are bought from such a market.

Anything that would keep me awake would make me angry, therefore would go down as vile sh!te in my book. Seen plenty on people go down the pan on this crap too, so it gets a double entry as vile sh!te. I don't ask you to share my opinion though.

Always a tip off to catch a single mule while the real shipments cruise on through. It's the same all over the world.

It is more like Apple suing Samsung....

Make problems for the competition and keeps the prices up so the profit remains high.

Did you click on the Desoxyn link? Here are the basic details:

Generic Name: Methamphetamine (meth-am-FET-uh-meen) Hydrochloride (HCl)

Brand Name: Desoxyn®

Manufacturer: Lundbeck

What is Desoxyn®?

Marketed under the brand Desoxyn®, Methamphetamine HCl functions as a central nervous system (CNS) stimulant and has been FDA approved for the treatment of attention deficity hyperactivity disorder in adults and children, as well as for obesity.

Seems to me that both diseases could be alleviated by reducing the amount of sugar consumed. If americans want to fry their brains with that garbage, they're welcome to it, but I have a feeling that it's going to take more than that to cure their obesity.

Edited by halloween

"ice" is crystal meth, not the same thing a methamphetamine as used to treat ADHD. Also, ingestion method is necessary to consider: people smoke yaba, and in the process negate any medical benefits of the amphetamines, not to mention the caffeine: what goes up must come down, and the higher the high the sharper the fall.

lucky for him he is not in Singapore or Malaysia they dont have drug problems.

They do still have a problem despite the death penalty, Malaysia currently have about 20,000 addicts treated per year, Thailand 100,000. Hard to know just how many users there are in either country but it's safe to say Thailand has far more, the big difference being that in Thailand heroin use has massively declined whereas it is the main drug abused in Malaysia.