Parcels containing arms found in post

Lite Beer

Parcels containing arms found in post
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police are investigating three parcels that reportedly contained weapons, including an M67 grenade, a BB gun, a pistol and ammunition.

"Their stated destination is Phuket," a police officer said yesterday. "We need to dig deeper and find out if these weapons are part of an Internetbased transaction or if they are related to any crimes."

These parcels were marked "suspicious" by officials at Suvarnabhumi Airport's Domestic Cargo Terminal who then alerted police on Thursday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Parcels-containing-arms-found-in-post-30243698.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-20

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Where were they sent from? Dubai?

The key words here are "at Suvarnabhumi Airport's Domestic Cargo Terminal". Although I would not be surprised if the Big T is involved somewhere along the line. Begs the question about security at the other end, where did they arrive from?

Let's give the benefits of the doubt to the new Police, so efficient Thai appreciated Army, for their genuine efforts to track down and find illicit arms, drugs etc.....often ignored in the past by the now removed corrupt personal.

Up to us to remain in the negative past but we owe it to ourselves to have turned a new page with the arrival of General Prayuth now the P.M. fully in charge.

Let's bring our full support to Him.

With the best of Luck !

• Like 2

Where were they sent from? Dubai?

From the OP:

"at Suvarnabhumi Airport's Domestic Cargo Terminal"

Of course they may have been moved to there from the International Cargo Terminal, but one would think the security around international stuff to be a wee bit more strict than for local stuff.

Edited by rubl

Arsenal? One M67, a pistol and some ammo and a BB gun, wait a BB gun? Yea, some arsenal. Given that the M67 can be a bit nasty on the receiving end but &lt;deleted&gt; pistol, some ammo, and a BB gun? Good thing they never got a look inside my place back in the states. No M67's, no BB gun. Lots of pistols, shotguns and rifles and 1,000's of rounds of ammo plus reloading equip, and mine just a drop in the bucket compared to many of my friends. Sensationalism, not that there isn't somebody with bad intentions out there that needs to be brought to justice. We used to tape our M26's so the pin didn't get yanked or fall out. Absolutely stupid to send through mail or on an airplane. Investigators should have disarmed the M67 and forwarded the package to see who picked it up. Of course, there could have been ways that somebody would have known it had been tampered with. If nobody shows, then nothing lost, and figure an inside job with a suspect at Suvarnabhumi Airport's Domestic Cargo Terminal. Still, best idea.

There's always a sender, and a delivery address it's sent too... Looks like the, too, usual creating of some BS news headline, as if there were not enough serious subjects to write about in the LoS... Guess the 'jornos' are no better than the rest of the general population... The, one, M67 grenade might be the eye-catcher, plain crazy it is for sure, but sending a pistol with ammunition is for me the 'hitchy' one: how many have gone through for this one stopped, is the question I ask myself... As for the BB gun, I frankly don't understand as such are openly sold in nearly all Chinese all-sales, and toy shops, and why wouldn't they in fact? But knowing you need to be Thai and to get an authorisation (takes a while, plus the usual bribes) for a single shot airgun, while the, very active, 'black market' offers virtually any gun, from all possible revolvers and pistols to the full range of shotguns and heavy caliber rifles... Most Thai 'real macho men' carry(!) at least one gun, day in day out, 95% unregistered, illegal, but what do the BiBs do about it, considering they are together with the other 'officials' the almost exclusive 'source' for all those illegal firearms, of course: nothing! What? Going to arrest a guy themselves or someone they know sold the 'hot iron' to? Dream on! Better have 'the State' stop the police, army, and officials being authorised to buy guns 'by the truckload', for much lower prices than in the shops, without any serious inventory (lost, misplaced, stolen, mai pen rai), just make the persons needing to carry a gun in their function become one from the State, ...and be responsible for it! All the others carrying a gun are latent criminals, period (the individuals having become a holding, not carrying, license should be the only exception to such a stringent rule)! But, hey, TiT, what a man would that Mr big guy no-no be without a Colt 45ACP or a Glock bulging out from his trousers, nothing else there to show off with for sure...rolleyes.gif

Edited by bangrak