New evidence found in tourists’ murder case

Lite Beer

"It is for this reason that DNA samples in the case of the murder of the two Britons will be sent to the FBI forensic investigators because they have the necessary experience and are better equipped and possess an extensive database in order to decode the samples."

Talking about loss of face and admitting incompetence. This is a major breakthrough in the chase of the killer(s).

Agreed. Do they mean the US FBI?

I said near the beginning that I wished they'd ask the Brits to rush in some of their best people to help.

Whatever, this would bring transparency to an investigation that has some people wondering, and the Thais aren't competent to handle this.

Either the FBI or the Yard. Both have state of the art DNA equipment and experience I suppose. The brits were unlikely to be asked for help as they criticised Thai police in handling the case. And the US just said there would be no more sanctions concerning the Tier 3 status. So RTP will want to be a good dog to ask the Americans.

Or the FBI has better facilities?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Thais not Asian any more? Why are they not rounding up every Thai along with the migrant workers they're focusing on and DNA test every last person? I think we all know the answer.. But are those the same trousers the policeman packed into Mr Millers suitcase? This video was shown on the DM website on day one yet it's taken a week for it to become of interest to plod... Interesting and appalling at the same time. It would be nice for the family to get closure on this so please Mr Thai policeman start putting some effort into this investigation

Does the negativity towards anything Thai and anything done by Thais never stop on Thaivisa??bah.gif

Why is it a loss of face, to ask a better equiped policeforce for help?

Thousands of Thais are murdered every year, but because the victims this time are Brits, we expect the world to stop.

Don't misunderstand me, a very horrible crime, but why are white victims considered more valuable, and all stops need to be pulled to solve this particular case?

If two Thais were killed in this manner in England the killer(s) would now be behind bars......coffee1.gif

Yes and there would be NO thought given to what nationality it might (couldn't possibly) be. The Brits would simply run the killers to ground, no matter who it was.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Does the negativity towards anything Thai and anything done by Thais never stop on Thaivisa?? alt=bah.gif>

Thousands of Thais are murdered every year, but because the victims this time are Brits, we expect the world to stop.

Don't misunderstand me, a very horrible crime, but why are white victims considered more valuable, and all stops need to be pulled to solve this particular case?

Agree with the negativity comments.

But there are very good reasons why this case merits more attention than the regular murder of a couple of Somchais in a field over some drug deal. I'm sure you can come up with them if you think about it. The squaddie who would be emperor got it very quickly alt=thumbsup.gif>

Agreed with the squaddie remark.

However, when people are told to rush to get results, in more cases than not, more mistakes are made.

If as in this case, that is even possible.

• Like 1

I give the Thai police credit for asking for help. Outside technology will give them a much better chance to identify suspects properly and correctly and most importantly R/O innocent people....Nothing worse in a serious crime to wrongly convict....

CB

Yes but they are asking for help a week after the crime---Do you still give them credit for that?---- or do you seriously believe that the RTP thought they were going to wrap this up in a day or two? So many stupid moves on the part of the police has just shown once again how incompetent they are when it comes to serious police work.Things that they should have been trained to do from day one.A positive move right from the start would have been to properly seal off the complete island immediately.This in itself would have given them some credibility.I would like to think that our illustrious leader will now look at the police through a microscope and change the whole attitude of those at the street level from consistently concentrating on bribery and corruption and to one of pride in the fact that they are policemen with a mandate of law enforcement.I do not care what any of you knockers and bleaters say but if you have a police force that you can rely on to do their job,you are living in a place that is a safe environment for all of us.

Does the negativity towards anything Thai and anything done by Thais never stop on Thaivisa??bah.gif

perhaps we value life more?

And of course, after all that happens during this investigation, there will be no police, or government enquiry to determine the mistakes, hold people accountable with the ultimate aim of avoiding those same mistakes in the future.

which they would do in the Uk................then years later it all gets ignored

Better do this quick. The world is watching!! No BS Thailand!!! coffee1.gif

They are, and always have been unaware of the world.

They are aware of the impending High Season. wai2.gifwai.gif

As the PM has mentioned so many times.

Priorities.

Desperately trying to wrap it up before then.

But they are running out of scapegoats...

• Like 1

If two Thais were killed in this manner in England the killer(s) would now be behind bars......coffee1.gif

Yes and there would be NO thought given to what nationality it might (couldn't possibly) be. The Brits would simply run the killers to ground, no matter who it was.

As you can see here UK police is not that good

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/755153-1400-children-sexually-exploited-in-uk-town-rotherham-report/?hl=%20rotherham

More a case of bending over to the ( as you call it) Paki community and being accused of racism scares the hell out of many here now. Although you could argue "Asian Culture" and treatment of women?

I'll leave the rest of your quote alone and focus on your last sentence/question . . . that's a simple one to answer . . . it's a high profile murder case involving tourists (that so far they have handled terribly and insensitively as per usual) and (from the looks of things) perpetrators of Asian descent . . . so their concern is the tourist numbers/dollars disappearing . . . simple as that.

Reality is, every murder should get as much attention as this.

And of course, after all that happens during this investigation, there will be no police, or government enquiry to determine the mistakes, hold people accountable with the ultimate aim of avoiding those same mistakes in the future.

which they would do in the Uk................then years later it all gets ignored

Not at all. The public enquiry into the Piper Alpha disaster in 1988 changed the oil industry around the world.

Enquiries are good and useful things to have if the desire to learn from mistakes is genuinely felt.

But, in Thailand, even admitting to an error involves loss of face for someone, and, as we all know, making someone lose face is the most serious crime one can commit in this country.

• Like 1

There is news in the Thai media this morning that the DNA is actually that an Asian/s decent.. Burmese or Thai.

Did you mention a Thai

Surprised they didn't try to mention the fact that many Thais emigrated from China many generations ago, and thus as such, technically, it is a chinaman they are looking for.

Meanwhile forensic police from Bangkok joined local forensic police in Surat Thani to collect DNA samples from more than 20 Myanmar workers both male and female rounded up from the vicinity of the crime scene and also their finger prints.

Why would anyone waste time and money taking DNA samples from any women in a murder rape case ? blink.png

As for the trousers being on the killer running off..... well................

agree about the trousers, they would be down around his ankles as he doesn't appear to be holding them up.
there are other ways to make sure trousers won't fall off. Belt/rope? Edited by Nickymaster

Because we have the money. When has any society ever cared about the poor? Sorry. Welcome to the world kid :(.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Does the negativity towards anything Thai and anything done by Thais never stop on Thaivisa?? alt=bah.gif>

Agree with the negativity comments.

But there are very good reasons why this case merits more attention than the regular murder of a couple of Somchais in a field over some drug deal. I'm sure you can come up with them if you think about it. The squaddie who would be emperor got it very quickly alt=thumbsup.gif>

Agreed with the squaddie remark.

However, when people are told to rush to get results, in more cases than not, more mistakes are made.

If as in this case, that is even possible.

Remember when there was an explosion on a domestic flight Mr T was due to take ?

He started screaming ' assassination attempt ' and set a deadline, 14 days i think, for a result. Four different committees were set up and co-ordination was anyone's guess. Seems nothing has been learned given the island tragedy and everyone having their say.

It all went quiet when the aircraft company's engineers proved the explosion was caused by a mechanic working on the air-con cut corners and ignored the manual.

What did come out of that incident was the fact that so many Thai passengers were travelling on false names so thereafter I/D was needed to book and use domestic flights.

• Like 1

Meanwhile forensic police from Bangkok joined local forensic police in Surat Thani to collect DNA samples from more than 20 Myanmar workers both male and female rounded up from the vicinity of the crime scene and also their finger prints.

Why would anyone waste time and money taking DNA samples from any women in a murder rape case ? blink.png

agree about the trousers, they would be down around his ankles as he doesn't appear to be holding them up.
there are other ways to make sure trousers won't fall off. Belt/rope?

I believe the report said "boxer shorts", and that would mean underwear with elastic waste band, at least where I come from.

DNA from a woman would provide a partial match - if she were a blood relative.

Ummmm, because the RTP is corrupt and incompetent?

Why did they wait 5 days to ask for help on something they could not do on day one?

Why aren't all stops pulled on every murder case? See above.

===================

As for the 100,000 baht reward.....What a joke! Make it 1 million baht & they should have done that on day one as well.

• Like 1

there are other ways to make sure trousers won't fall off. Belt/rope?

I believe the report said "boxer shorts", and that would mean underwear with elastic waste band, at least where I come from.

DNA from a woman would provide a partial match - if she were a blood relative.

I read:arrived in boxer shorts and left with the victims trousers. Edited by Nickymaster

Some people, including myself, are wondering why on a small island that has a small population, with access by ferry or rent a boats that can be controlled the police are still floundering about.

Eliminate those under 10 years of age, eliminate those over 60 years of age, get people 11 to 59 to verify where they were at the time of the murder and whoever is in the remainder DNA test.

The pool of suspects should be in the dozens.

When I stayed at Koh Tao, there were hundreds on the island that met your excluded criteria.

Agree. Why should 59 years of age be the cut off?

From what I could tell the cream shorts in the photos (if they are in fact the same shorts on the victim and the asian guy) seemed to be bog standard board or beach shorts, which usually have a draw-string to hold them up. In effect they'd fit almost anyone or at least a smaller framed guy could still wear them without a belt.

Some people, including myself, are wondering why on a small island that has a small population, with access by ferry or rent a boats that can be controlled the police are still floundering about.

Eliminate those under 10 years of age, eliminate those over 60 years of age, get people 11 to 59 to verify where they were at the time of the murder and whoever is in the remainder DNA test.

The pool of suspects should be in the dozens.

Good work there Sherlock!