New evidence found in tourists’ murder case

Lite Beer

from what people have written about him on hos facebook page, he was the type of person to stand up to injustice,

that said,

the girl may have been hanging with the wrong people and when (if) he tried to get her to leave, he may have been struck and he battle ensued,

but, it is hard to imagine this crime occurring without someone hearing screams,

fights too, are not silent,

there are witnesses, who just havent come forward

it is why I say,

stop all tourists from coming, 'and break the island

• Like 1

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently we had a murder near by and rape of a young, very young girl. They tested everyone in the neighbor hood which seemed extreme except that it found the killer. So they should have done same for people on the island or wanting to leave at least. Not sure how many are on the island though, not practical?

Surely they have an excuse to get a DNA sample from the bar owner? They raided his bar and found narcotics and paraphenalia no? Blatant criminality in his bar. They've DNA-ed others for no real reason (just supposition) so surely they can test him?

Given that they have been collecting DNA from seemingly random individuals for the past week it would definitely make sense that they do the same to anyone accused for whatever reason if only to eliminate them from the inquiry.

I guess we'll have to wait and see where this one goes.

Edited by blu3

Surely they have an excuse to get a DNA sample from the bar owner? They raided his bar and found narcotics and paraphenalia no? Blatant criminality in his bar. They've DNA-ed others for no real reason (just supposition) so surely they can test him?

Given that they have been collecting DNA from seemingly random individuals for the past week it would definitely make sense that they do the same to anyone accused for whatever reason if only to eliminate them from the inquiry.

I guess we'll have to wait and see where this one goes.

Unfortunately in LOS there are many fingers from many directions in many pies......sad.png Sad but true.Forget about farangland stuff.

It would have been great if a team from Scotland yard, with a UK interpreter, to "watch" how stuff is being done and for sure point them in the right direction cos here, nobody has a clue about anything except looking smart.

• 2 weeks later...

The police use the press to their advantage by giving certain information. You people seem to think that they are giving all of their clues and information to the press and thats all they have.Get a grip If they are saying they are going after Burmese migrants maybe they are trying to lull someone else into a false sense of security to not leave the island. Why dont you guys cut all the negativity and stop bashing everything any Thai does. No wonder the Thai's are starting to hate us so much.I am starting to hate us!

Yes. I believe the messages we hear via media are not a realistic indicator of what the police know or who they suspect in most cases. There may be threads of truth to some reports, but it is impossible to know. The press in Thailand are not free, the powers that be know that the press are to be manipulated, and you can forget about anything like investigative journalism. There is so much censorship - self censorship and otherwise it is stupid to think one can learn much from the press in Thailand (and often most other places around the world).

"A man who does not read the papers is uninformed. A man who reads the papers is misinformed." Mark Twain

Or maybe the BIB are just incompetent?

Responding to these posts by Minnihaha and beammeup about the Royal Thai Police, using the press to their advantage.

I know for a fact that the Thai police have done this, asking (or telling) a news paper to print false information about a murder, that led to the murderer being caught.

My wife's brother and 2 or 3 people were murdered and a large sum of money stolen, the money being the reason for the murders. When the police were unable to find the suspect, a newspaper printed a story alleging the the police had arrested the murderer. This, even though police knew who the murderer was and he was still in hiding someplace.

After the news paper story was published, the real suspect began to have big parties, spending the money that was stolen when my brother in law was murdered, attracting the attention of the local police, leading to the suspects arrest.

This was 6 months after the murders and the theft of the money.

I cannot say that is happening with this case, but I know the police have used this tactic before.

• Like 1