Obtaining Non-imm Visa From Thai Embassy In New York

Greetings,

Has anyone been to the Royal Thai Embassy in New York to apply for non-immigrant visa lately? Are they issuing multiple-entry, or only single entry? And can visa be obtained by mail, without going to the embassy?

Thanks peops!

Greetings,

Has anyone been to the Royal Thai Embassy in New York to apply for non-immigrant visa lately? Are they issuing multiple-entry, or only single entry? And can visa be obtained by mail, without going to the embassy?

Thanks peops!

Reports we have been getting is single 90 day entry. It can be done by mail.

Greetings,

Thanks peops!

Does the single 90 day entry apply even if I'm married with children?

EDH :o

Greetings,

Thanks peops!

In one case like this where they were married with children, in NY they only received one single entry. They were told to do the extension in BKk. Every Embassy/Consulate has their own guidelines and why some give a multiple entry and others single.

If you cannot qualify for the extension. Best to go with a more liberal Consulate in the USA. The only other Embassy/Consulate that is known to give just a single entry is the LA Embassy.

Ok one minor point as we Americans are considered geography challenged enough. There is only one city in the USA that hosts Embassies and that is Washington, DC. LA and NY host Royal Thai Consulates.

Greetings,

Thanks peops!

In one case like this where they were married with children, in NY they only received one single entry. They were told to do the extension in BKk. Every Embassy/Consulate has their own guidelines and why some give a multiple entry and others single.

If you cannot qualify for the extension. Best to go with a more liberal Consulate in the USA. The only other Embassy/Consulate that is known to give just a single entry is the LA Embassy.

Sunbelt,

When was this application made?

I have two consecutive multiple 1 year Non-O visa issued in the US (2004-2005 and 2005-2006, but not issued in NY) does this help out in any way in obtaining a 1 year Non-O??

The extension in BKK wich they refer to is based on the "money-in-the-bank" visa right?

Thank you.

Regards

Edh

Hey

I contacted the office below during March 2006 and they confirmed they would issue a Multi-Entry B Visa (12 month) if I applied with the required documentation.

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL

2199 PONCE DE LEON BLVD., SUITE 301

CORAL GABLES, FL 33134

Tel : (305) 445-7577

Fax : (305) 444-0487

My circumstances have since changed and I will be applying by mail to Hull in the UK during 3rd Quarter 2007.

Regards

Peter

Sunbelt,

I have two consecutive multiple 1 year Non-O visa issued in the US (2004-2005 and 2005-2006, but not issued in NY) does this help out in any way in obtaining a 1 year Non-O??

The extension in BKK wich they refer to is based on the "money-in-the-bank" visa right?

Thank you.

Regards

Edh

It is only New York and LA that are giving singles as a general rule. Other Consulate or the Embassy will give one year. If you have gotten a multi entry before at another Consulate, it does not help in LA or NY. It is easy to send to another Consulate and get the visa.

The new directive in NY has been for the last 3 months.

Extension of stay is indeed money in the bank or pension. It is only your "word of honor" that the US Embassy requires for proof on the pension.

CORAL GABLES, FL 33134

I can confirm that they are very friendly. The address you provided is correct; most all websites have 2801 Ponce De Leon Blvd # 1170 which is wrong, as they have recently moved

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...iland+consulate

If you go in person and need to get the visa while you wait, they charge an additional $20.00. They also would like to see a copy of your plane ticket.

www.lawyer.th.com

Sunbelt,

Thank you.

Regards

Edh

It is only New York and LA that are giving singles as a general rule. Other Consulate or the Embassy will give one year. If you have gotten a multi entry before at another Consulate, it does not help in LA or NY. It is easy to send to another Consulate and get the visa.

The new directive in NY has been for the last 3 months.

Extension of stay is indeed money in the bank or pension. It is only your "word of honor" that the US Embassy requires for proof on the pension.

CORAL GABLES, FL 33134

I can confirm that they are very friendly. The address you provided is correct; most all websites have 2801 Ponce De Leon Blvd # 1170 which is wrong, as they have recently moved

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...iland+consulate

If you go in person and need to get the visa while you wait, they charge an additional $20.00. They also would like to see a copy of your plane ticket.

www.lawyer.th.com

I can confirm that the consulate in Miami are friendly as I have got my two latest visas there.

Looks like I have to go to Miami before I go back home to Thailand to be able to get my 1 year visa :o Too bad as my vessel is calling NY every week this year...

Regards

Edh