Bars/disco closing time

shocky2004

why were a load of monks out getting alms at about 11 ish on loi kroh road last night !

anyone know ?

dave2

ps .. ive seen bargirls on their knees many times at night :)

but not in front of monks ! ... pics not posted

post-42592-0-79683500-1412737858_thumb.j

why were a load of monks out getting alms at about 11 ish on loi kroh road last night !

anyone know ?

dave2

ps .. ive seen bargirls on their knees many times at night :)

but not in front of monks ! ... pics not posted

I believe we're at the end of (forgive my attempt at spelling) cow pan sah (Buddhist lent) so it may have something to do with that.

My brother and sister in law were at the temple late last night and my wife and her friends have gone today

re

I believe we're at the end of (forgive my attempt at spelling) cow pan sah (Buddhist lent)

i think your right :) ... thanks for that

i used to live near a temple where they had a morning parade the day after lent ended

dave2

post-42592-0-62936200-1412744179_thumb.j

I see. So are the daytime drinkers doing it at home, or outside the tourist scene...? I honestly thought the answer would be "John's Place" but that shows how little I get into town in the daytime.

Well I didn't include the somewhat sad bars like those down Moon Muang Soi 1 and 2.. Or indeed John's Place or Blue Sky at that hour.

That's why I said 4pm which is when more staff at Carnival bar get in. Not exactly 'happening' but the earliest place and time I'd consider being found dead somewhere. ;)

Most legitimate daytime drinking might actually be the Hash Runs. And get some exercise at the same time.

Or indeed Pattaya.. Quite often I'm in bed by 8pm in that place. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

quite a few discos,for thais close at 4am

One I know of stays open until 10am. The Thai bars seem to do whatever they want.

The bars for foreigners are closed early for their own protection, I'm sure.

Hi Tokay, please pm me for the location of the place that stays open till 10:00AM.

I usually wake up at 6 so that would be perfect for me on my day off, unless you mean Lucky then i will give it a miss.

LOL, I've done that once and it's *incredibly* weird. That was way back when Thermae went on into the morning, and I decided to go there fresh off the bus to Bangkok. Bus got in like 4:30am, then took a taxi straight to Thermae.

But it really doesn't work, as you hit a place ueber-sober after your morning coffee, and let's just say that the surrounds work better when you're in a similar state to the rest of the asylum. wink.png

It's almost as weird as watching the Super Bowl at that hour.

What does work for me is daytime clubbing like you get (got?) on Sunday afternoons in Hong Kong. Philippina maids & nannies literally went straight out of church into the daytime clubs that were well underway early afternoon.

A few beers on a empty stomach puts you quickly in the right mood.

Tokay is not answering so he must mean Lucky.

The most terrible place i have ever been to.

Edited by terminatorchiangmai

I see. So are the daytime drinkers doing it at home, or outside the tourist scene...? I honestly thought the answer would be "John's Place" but that shows how little I get into town in the daytime.

Well I didn't include the somewhat sad bars like those down Moon Muang Soi 1 and 2.. Or indeed John's Place or Blue Sky at that hour.

That's why I said 4pm which is when more staff at Carnival bar get in. Not exactly 'happening' but the earliest place and time I'd consider being found dead somewhere. wink.png

Most legitimate daytime drinking might actually be the Hash Runs. And get some exercise at the same time.

Or indeed Pattaya.. Quite often I'm in bed by 8pm in that place. wink.png

That is very laudable of you to be in bed by 8PM in Pattaya, but who (or what) are you in bed with?

Is there a particular bar which is good for daytime drinking? I mean I'd like to find a place where I can find a crowd and share some gossip.

Pattaya is a good place for that though.

I think it's fair to say that Pattaya is the BEST place for that. It's a drinkers paradise and no one will ever tell you to stop, and you can find booze somewhere 24/7. That's why so many people like the place and never notice how dirty it is.