Any Spiritual Seekers Lurking Here?

wilgus

I've been known to go to very stately Communion Services at Christ Church on Sunday mornings before heading off to Lumphini Park to join the Hare Krishnas for congregational singing and eating of vegetarian food. I also have a compulsion to stop at mosques and temples and just look around. I also can't seem to stop buying Korans, bibles and scriptures of whatever sort.

Any other strange souls out there like me? Sufis? TMers? Mystics? Osho, Krishnamurti, Inayat Khan, Gandhi, Kung? Ahmadiyyas? Koran-onlys?

Would enjoy corresponding ... either here or privately to [email protected].

I've been known to go to very stately Communion Services at Christ Church on Sunday mornings before heading off to Lumphini Park to join the Hare Krishnas for congregational singing and eating of vegetarian food. I also have a compulsion to stop at mosques and temples and just look around. I also can't seem to stop buying Korans, bibles and scriptures of whatever sort.

Any other strange souls out there like me? Sufis? TMers? Mystics? Osho, Krishnamurti, Inayat Khan, Gandhi, Kung? Ahmadiyyas? Koran-onlys?

Would enjoy corresponding ... either here or privately to [email protected].

Why don't you want to take the medication you were prescribed ?

Gosh, maybe I am alone in this teeming metropolis ...

Surely someone must be pondering the meaning of life? Does God exist? How did we get here? Why are we here? Is there any reason, or is just pointless? Are we just trying to get as many toys as possible before we die and that's the end of it? Is there nothing more?

Is consumerism the new religion, the new god? Are we happy about that? Do we feel satisfied and content with all our consuming? Isn't there something in the back of our minds, some small tug, some small voice saying that perhaps there is more to life than simply entertaining ourselves to death? Is there such a thing as entertainment fatigue?

Was the Buddha on to something when he talked about how all of our attachments and cravings lead to endless suffering? Is it possible to lead a life that is not marred by constant suffering?

Is God dead? Is that a good thing? Does it make any difference one way or the other?

Should I go back to the doctor and have my medications updated?

Should I go back to the doctor and have my medications updated?

Reading your second post, I'm afraid that the medications won't help. you need something stronger. Is there a "candyman" in your neighbourhood ? :o

But keep on posting, mate. I love reading your psychedelic posts. OM.

If you go down to Sukumvit Soi 4 you will find a few places where many people go to find their spirit-ual needs.

If you've taken all your spirit-s you can find some toys for yourself /if I'm a God's toy - why I shouldn't find some toys for me, should I?!/ on Soi Cowboy also. And you will understand how liberal Buddha is... :o

If you go down to Sukumvit Soi 4 you will find a few places where many people go to find their spirit-ual needs.

If you've taken all your spirit-s you can find some toys for yourself /if I'm a God's toy - why I shouldn't find some toys for me, should I?!/ on Soi Cowboy also. And you will understand how liberal Buddha is... :D

Talking about Buddha, I'm still looking for a pair of Goo Man Tong. Not sure of the spelling but if there's any Thais reading this thread, they'll know what I'm talking about.

Some long-term farangs know what they are too... :o

Thanks,

Boon Mee

Djee wilgus , You will probably find the largest religion here consisting of Worship to Sukhumvit soi's , pattaya bars, pat pong and patong stories, beer, whisky... and of course their own ignorance...

It's not bangkok tonight here , but not near o spiritual forum either :o

Probably most people are seeking but nobody will even dare to speak about it. let's brush it away with a stupid joke if we can..

For Boon mee.

If you are looking for Goo Man Tong maybe you're not listening enough ?

B

If you are looking for Paradise, you may be willing to go to "Eden", Sukhumvit Soi 7.1... you will certainly find there a sense in life :D...

...and also... don't you forget your medications again ! :o

Otherwise, if you would really have some serious questions, just ask. :D

Death is the problem, you see. It's sort of final.

Does it all end when the lights go out? No more fun and games? No more toys to play with? Nothing left to buy?

Am I foolish to worry about such a thing? Should I eat, drink and be merry, cause tomorrow we die?

Should I abandon my wife and kid, like the Buddha, and go off into the jungle?

Should I go back to the Catholic Church and try to make a confession of the past twenty years of living the low life? Do I really have to try to estimate the number of people I've slept with over the past 40 years? Should I include the priests who abused me when I was a lowly altar boy?

Should I shave my head and become a Hare Krishna?

Does heroin help? Massive amounts of beer?

Is there a 12-step program for the existentially angst-ed?

Now please, don't hold back. Let me have it. Tell me like it is. Make a man out of me. I've always felt there was a man lurking in me somewhere. Maybe two, considering my waistline. So don't be shy. I want to know: What is the Meaning Of Life? Surely there must a wise sage among you who can explain this dilemma to me.

Death?...what's wrong with Death when there is humiliation, neverending suffering, failure...plenty of things worse than Death. A wise man makes a friend of Death...invites him for a drink and a round of chess. Lose your fear of Death and the appreciation of 'life' begins...

Does it all end when the lights go out? No more fun and games? No more toys to play with? Nothing left to buy?

Am I foolish to worry about such a thing? Should I eat, drink and be merry, cause tomorrow we die?

Should I go back to the Catholic Church and try to make a confession of the past twenty years of living the low life? Do I really have to try to estimate the number of people I've slept with over the past 40 years? Should I include the priests who abused me when I was a lowly altar boy?

Now please, don't hold back. Let me have it. Tell me like it is. Make a man out of me. I've always felt there was a man lurking in me somewhere. Maybe two, considering my waistline. So don't be shy. I want to know: What is the Meaning Of Life? Surely there must a wise sage among you who can explain this dilemma to me.

Questions:

1. "Death is the problem": what is the opposite of death (one usually understands it wrong) ? :D

2. "Meaning Of Life": what is YOUR meaning you give yourself of YOUR life (which equals to the experience you sought to acquire in your life) ? :D

3. "12-step program": isn't Life, with its infinite variety of occasions & experiences, and with the freedom you have to embrace it to the degree of your choice, the best infinite-step program one can dream of ? :o

Questions:

1. "Death is the problem": what is the opposite of death (one usually understands it wrong) ? :D

2. "Meaning Of Life": what is YOUR meaning you give yourself of YOUR life (which equals to the experience you sought to acquire in your life) ? :D

3. "12-step program": isn't Life, with its infinite variety of occasions & experiences, and with the freedom you have to embrace it to the degree of your choice, the best infinite-step program one can dream of ? :o

It's the last thing you'll ever do Bozo.

Questions:

It's the last thing you'll ever do Bozo.

Probably in this life.

Nevertheless, it does not answer my questions !?!... :D

Do not fear Death as we were fated to die the day we were born. Neither have attachment or feelings for another as we will bring suffering upon ourselves. Therefore we should F***k around who cares anyway and we will die sooner or later :o

Just being irresponsible- don't take me seriously on this one. :D

For Boon mee.

If you are looking for Goo Man Tong maybe you're not listening enough ?

B

Zendesigner~

Listening to Whom???

I'm looking for a pair to give to a new home... :o

Thanks,

Boon Mee

God is the higher-self that you compare yourself to and is inspired by the elements of your upbringing. It's also the answer to questions unanswerable to your intellect. Paradise is your personal, utopian ideal of the way the world ought to be. Examine it. Live it. Die. Disburse through decomposition.

Religions would be fine if it weren't for those folks who cannot tolerate opinions and ways of life contrary to their own. Although, they inevitably go hand in hand. Avoid them--join Church of the Sub-Genius and strive to irritate people.

Heroin helps temporarily, then it messes up everything much worse than it was before.

As far as death goes, none of us have a clue, but if you are looking for advice to follow, Bozo's seems the most fun, and harmless.

Bozo Posted: Thu 2004-03-18, 19:24:11 

If you are looking for Paradise, you may be willing to go to "Eden", Sukhumvit Soi 7.1... you will certainly find there a sense in life ...

...and also... don't you forget your medications again ! 

Well!

I've certainly enjoyed all your comments. Alas, I fear I am no closer to a solution than ever before.

I despise certainty, which is why most religions turn me off. So perhaps there is no solution to my problem. Either accept what someone else says as true (believe in their certainty), or ... what?

Well, anyway ...

Well!

I've certainly enjoyed all your comments. Alas, I fear I am no closer to a solution than ever before.

I despise certainty, which is why most religions turn me off. So perhaps there is no solution to my problem. Either accept what someone else says as true (believe in their certainty), or ... what?

Well, anyway ...

Just take another big 'ol hit offa that bong & you'll be all right...