Audio-visual system in Thai Govt House returned to seller

webfact

AUDIO CONTROVERSY
Audio-visual system in Govt House returned to seller

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The controversial new audio-visual system at Government House has been returned to the private company that sold it, a government spokesman said yesterday.

Yongyuth Mayalarp said the Prime Minister General Prayuth Chan-ocha, had given officials a three-month deadline to investigate the matter after concerns about the purchasing process.

He said the contract for purchasing this high-end system had not been signed by the government.

The Bosch microphones, which were installed at the Cabinet meeting room in Command 1 Building, were originally quoted as costing Bt145,000 each, but the price was reduced to Bt94,250 by Assavasopon Co after public criticism.

As a result, Yongyuth said the meeting room was still not ready for use, so the Cabinet would have to meet at the Santimitree building for the time being.

When asked whether the same audio-visual system that was installed in room 301-302 had been returned, he said he still had no details on the matter.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Audio-visual-system-in-Govt-House-returned-to-sell-30243896.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-23

Yonguth had no details on whether the same system in other rooms had been returned.

Didn't know or didn't want to know ? He must have known that question would come up and hopefully would have prepared for it

It would suggest the correct answer was NO but rather than admit it he plays the ' I know nothing ' role.

Thai officialdom will never change.

Good start, but .....

1) There were 90 microphones in the Cabinet meeting room (which will be returned), but there are another 100 microphones (same model) in the other conference rooms ... and this Spokesman does not know about the latter?!

2) Apart from these microphones, there's the matter of the plasma TVs at 500,000 Baht a piece (true cost around 100,000).

Hope the PM is truly serious about the Thaksin-era corruption, and investigate both of the above too. And make sure heads roll.

• Like 2

This is exactly what I was hoping the General would do. He is exonerated on this issue as far as I am concerned. I'm sure he will personally find out who is responsible and use it against them in a non-public way. That is why you will not hear much more of this issue unless certain people don't cooperate. There is no damage to the state so there is no reason to embarrass some big shots with enough influence to swing this deal. Better they are blackmailed into being cooperative. The seller wasn't going to make much as he was just a middleman/tool for the bright guys who thought up this scam scheme. This is very positive news for anyone who wants to see Thailand become better off.

• Like 1

Good to see that this government is at least investigating the situation. That never happened with the last administration.

What government? There is no government here.

Bubble burster but a Junta is a government.

Further bubble bursting is that it is performing better than the government just prior.

were not the The Bosch mics on sale online for over 1000 USD?. (about 34000 baht ish.) lol thai mob mentality. if the government asks me. I would set them up a system AND encrypt all data AND maintenance for 3 years... under 50,000 each. but no, i would rather go after rich spoiled kids and their crimes. ... which tends to be connected to the families.