Employees coming late everyday

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not knowing what industry you are in, or what roles your staff have its tricky to decide whether my comment is relevant or not...

however, if its a job where every minute they are needed (i.e. service, front line sales, customer facing) then I can understand why you would be concerned,

but if its a white collar job, I've never really seen the full desire for people to be on time everytime.

don't get me wrong, I believe that people should meet commitments, however you say the employees are good workers, do they do their hours?

some of the best workers I've had found it impossible to be in by 8 or 9 (or 10!) but they were more than happy to do their 40 hours a week, and they over delivered in most cases.

where as some of the most punctual people I've worked with - would never go the extra mile, and would always do just enough to fly under the radar.

Go cheap on a fingerprint scanner and just buy a little box that beeps when you touch it. Nobody will be the wiser, and the cattle will be controlled.

I have a fingerprint scanner for the guards we use at the factory, it works like a charm. Guards no longer sleeps throughout the night, only short naps in between. Highly recommended for people who employs guards!

The scanner is linked to the computer so if you open the file, it will show when the finger was scanned, simple and easy to use. Cheap scanners can be had for couple thousand baht.