Best place to holiday in Thailand with young kids

irishken

Hi all.

What place would you recommend in Thailand that is best suited for kids. They will be aged 3 and a half and nearly 2 years of age. I've been there once since the daughter was born( when she was 11 months old) and i found it very frustrating. No restaraunts on Samui had high chairs other than the Irish pub in Chewang. Staff in places like MK where offering me bar stools when i asked for a high chair for a kid. I couldn't belive it. Also the path ways are not suitable push chairs and i basically had to carry my Daughter every where when we went. That along with her getting pnuemonia and spending a few nights in Hospital made it one of my least favouite holidays i've been on to say the least.

This time we have a son with us as well and both will be walking preety well so push chairs won't be a big a deal like last time(although still needed sometimes) but i'm just looking for a place with a nice beach and good amenities for kids that is not far from BKK. I've been thinking Jomtien but having been there before i was less than impressed with the beach. I know Patong has plenty to do in the day for kids and with the new water park been built in Kathu i've been thinking about there but i'm worried about the extra plane journeys with the kids after last time. We will already be doing some internal flights to Ubon along with the flights to and from Thailand

All suggestions and ideas welcome

Cheers

Most big Hotel resorts would be good and Kid friendly, but once you head outside of the resort, buggy or no buggy the kids will find it hard to walk on the streets/roads, as most of Thailand is not really Perdestrian friendly...

Will the kids be ok with the heat as it is sometimes unbearable ???

As for Beach Resorts, hard to say, the ones that I have been to not far from Bangkok, are nothing special...

But maybe someone else can give u more info on that.

Enjoy your holidays wherever you end up.

• Like 1

Most big Hotel resorts would be good and Kid friendly, but once you head outside of the resort, buggy or no buggy the kids will find it hard to walk on the streets/roads, as most of Thailand is not really Perdestrian friendly...

Will the kids be ok with the heat as it is sometimes unbearable ???

As for Beach Resorts, hard to say, the ones that I have been to not far from Bangkok, are nothing special...

But maybe someone else can give u more info on that.

Enjoy your holidays wherever you end up.

I'm sure the heat will be a issue. But it was going from the heat to cold in the rooms last time with the air con on that was the problem. Seems to be a lot to do in bkk for kids but I'd like to be close to the beach as well Edited by irishken

Believe it or not I found it to be Pattaya. The Teddy Bear Museum, Nong Nooch Garden and the Aqua world on the third road are all very good, and there's a few other little things as well. I thought Phuket was pretty disappointing on the kids front.

Believe it or not I found it to be Pattaya. The Teddy Bear Museum, Nong Nooch Garden and the Aqua world on the third road are all very good, and there's a few other little things as well. I thought Phuket was pretty disappointing on the kids front.

It looks like we will be in that area. Close to Bangkok and plenty to do. It's amazing what you would do to make kids happy. I said I'd never visit pattaya again. Will stay in jomtien ang go to pats when needed

hmm... 50 years ago we didn't know anything about kids' high chairs and many didn't have the money to buy a pram, let alone complain about pavements. For me, a kid friendly environment means not noisy at night, a clean beach to play on, a lack of 'strange' people roaming around the place, which cuts out Pattaya/Jomtien entirely. I know where I will be going in the school holidays but it probably wouldn't suit you as there is nothing to do that costs money. Sorry to be rude.

hmm... 50 years ago we didn't know anything about kids' high chairs and many didn't have the money to buy a pram, let alone complain about pavements. For me, a kid friendly environment means not noisy at night, a clean beach to play on, a lack of 'strange' people roaming around the place, which cuts out Pattaya/Jomtien entirely. I know where I will be going in the school holidays but it probably wouldn't suit you as there is nothing to do that costs money. Sorry to be rude.

Not rude at all, this is why some people like places like Cha am, well the Thai's do anyway.

It looks like we will be in that area. Close to Bangkok and plenty to do. It's amazing what you would do to make kids happy. I said I'd never visit pattaya again. Will stay in jomtien ang go to pats when needed

Jomtien's getting as bad as Pattaya, there are few nice hotels directly on the small beach between Pattaya and naklua now, around 1800 a night, nice rooms and swimming pool, that might be a better bet. Very quiet as there are no roads or nightlife nearby. Royal Garden plaza is okay and the old thhi/chinese market just on the way to nong nooch is interesting also.

sound advice. ill let my kids walk on the road as i'm sure the traffic situation is the same now as it was 50 years ago and sorry for looking for somewhere to take my kids for a few hours to get them out of the sun.

Jomtien's getting as bad as Pattaya, there are few nice hotels directly on the small beach between Pattaya and naklua now, around 1800 a night, nice rooms and swimming pool, that might be a better bet. Very quiet as there are no roads or nightlife nearby. Royal Garden plaza is okay and the old thhi/chinese market just on the way to nong nooch is interesting also.

i haven't been to jomtien since 2005 so i can't be sure what its like now, thats why i was looking for advice.

thanks for the tip.