2015 to be promoted as year of 'Thai Way of Life Tourism Experiences'

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand has workers in the fields, people living a sustainable life eating bugs and other insects they forage from the forest, some great agricultural projects in the northern areas with Royal support, and a host of other attractions which are only of interest to a tiny minority. They can't really promote those although I find them of interest.

However they have great natural waterfalls (dual pricing issues there), great beaches (scams galore), great street food and festivals, fantastic temples (probably mostly of passing interest only), golf courses (over priced) and forests which seem off the tourist track.

Most of the above are targeted by people who are in the rip off trade so tourists who do go do not come back with a terribly positive experience. It is all about experience. Is it so hard to understand that with some effort these places could be made Thailand's greatest tourist assets instead of rapidly destroying the natural benefits by their human dis-benefits.

Thailand truly is Amazing but for as many bad things as good things on a scale that is rapidly tipping in the wrong direction. If there is no emphasis on improving the visitor experience in every way can Thailand really expect to attract more and more tourists every year?

Remember the tourist court? They have one in Phuket but it is never manned - sometimes what is the point?

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

The short ones work best, I doubt they will ever beat "Amazing Thailand" for being memorable and accurate (along with "Inedible India" and "Malaysia, Truly Asia").

Oh, and couple more posts hidden.

Inedible India? That is a great one :-)

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Could it be that it is incredible that some Indian food is inedible?

• Like 1

All they care about is more and more tourists and money.

But then, that's their job ain't it?

Some things are more important than tourists and money though. Things like decency, respect for the dead and a sense of timing perhaps, I think we call that tact, is there a word for that in Thai? don't suggest 'grengjai', that's just a myth.

Edited by jacky54

Is is the same as "Thainess"?

Apparenlty not. Foreigners can't understand Thainess. So why they would want to use it as a marketing tool is beyond me, because foreigners can't understand it. If they could, it wouldnt be mystical anymore, so would lose it's mystique and thus wouldn't be uniqe so where would the attraction be in that.

All they care about is more and more tourists and money.

Some things are more important than tourists and money though. Things like decency, respect for the dead and a sense of timing perhaps, I think we call that tact, is there a word for that in Thai? don't suggest 'grengjai', that's just a myth.

How can we trust them? Edited by Plutojames88

"amusing comments so far"-everybody is so negative about Thailand but still stays herefacepalm.gif

I think you're wrong Mr Bundy.

I believe most members read what the TAT and TOT say about LOS is a load of bunkum but then again TIT (no bikinis).

Their statistics and ideas seem to come from a dark smoke filled room where they are shielded from the everyday goings on, and, like addicts, must keep pushing out more and more bizarre statements and names.

What has been the most significant word reported most days here in the kingdom? DEATH.

The Thai Way of Death might be more appropriate?

Balcony divers, muggings by taxi drivers, shootings by student on students, maniacal bus and van drivers, dangerous traffic, the list seems to go on.

It is a wonderful place for some of us to live, we all know it has its weaknesses, but so do most other places and most residents like me, are here by choice. It isn't Thailand per se, its the arrogant tasteless attitude displayed by TAT and others of that ilk immediately after the shocking murders on Koh Tao. All they care about is more and more tourists and money.

good one MR RC.

my point is that the most things people are moaning about here don't effect them directly. as stated in previous topics i had so far no "really" bad experiences in LOS. even if i have to deal on a daily base with Thais(working;and sometimes it is frustrating) i haven't had any problems.

regarding the rapes,murders,taxis,tuk tuks,scams and so on-it is in the news but a few days later it is out of the mind and people coming as tourists to Thailand.if you don't live here permanently you don't care about the daily news of Thailand and 95% of tourists enjoying their vacation here and many of them are coming back.

just my two cents

• Like 2

.if you don't live here permanently you don't care about the daily news of Thailand and 95% of tourists enjoying their vacation here and many of them are coming back.

just my two cents

where did you get the 95% could not care less from?

jacky54

You need to exercise more care in editing the posts. The content you selectively pasted into my name is actually from Crazy chef's post to me. Please direct your comments to Crazy chef 1. Thank you.

ratcatcher

Crazy chef 1 wrote.

"good one MR RC.

my point is that the most things people are moaning about here don't effect them directly. as stated in previous topics i had so far no "really" bad experiences in LOS. even if i have to deal on a daily base with Thais(working;and sometimes it is frustrating) i haven't had any problems.

regarding the rapes,murders,taxis,tuk tuks,scams and so on-it is in the news but a few days later it is out of the mind and people coming as tourists to Thailand.if you don't live here permanently you don't care about the daily news of Thailand and 95% of tourists enjoying their vacation here and many of them are coming back.

just my two cents"

smile.png

• Like 1

I rather like my way of life up in rural Chiang Rai, and am very content when I am there, but I am not convinced that it would be a tourist attraction!

The bigger question is, would you want it to be?
Indeed not, although I suspect Little Miss JAG would enjoy being a "superstar", at least initially!

I wonder how many posting here slating Thailand will continue to come here on holiday or, continue to live here by choice ?

Many of us who live here by choice are realists,just like we understand the country where we come from.We are not apologists for Thailand or our home country,we see the good and bad in both.You are a typical denyist,don't know where you cocked up at home but I have a plan B for Thailand,just like at home if things don't work out.I move on.Where will you go?

• Like 1

The short ones work best, I doubt they will ever beat "Amazing Thailand" for being memorable and accurate (along with "Inedible India" and "Malaysia, Truly Asia").

Oh, and couple more posts hidden.

Inedible India? I like that. Like it or spit it out!

It was enough to bring you to Thailand by choice, does it still keep you in Thailand by choice ?

Are you a posting antagonist by choice,or do you have a special visa or dispensation from your beloved can do no wrong Thailand.Where did you buy your specs from,I would love a pair of them.Have a nice day.Note to ever it may concern,this is not meant to be an inflammatory post as I do not want do breach any forum rules.