Road works between Bkk and Pattaya

kuma

Wondering if any here know where to get details (in English preferred but Thai fine) on the road works on the bang na trat, highway 7 etc between Bkk and Pattaya.

Want to be able to understand where and how long and look for alternate routes... Now the drive on Friday night is getting really unbearable.

In general, cauldron not thunk of a better forum

Thanks in advance.

I make that journey on a regular basis.

Last week took me 2 hours from Bkk to Pattaya on the route you mentioned.

The fun starts about kilo 83 to 93, four lanes going into two.

I honestly dont know of a quicker route, on the way back its quicker.

What pisses me off, after turning off the 7 to head to Bang Saen, there are no sign posts, luckily I know where to turn off to the left and go under the bridge to make a u turn, its a complete cluster f++k.

Have to make the same journey next week, gawd give me strength.

Makes me laugh when I read on here about people getting from Pattaya to the airport in one hour, no chance, unless you drive like an idiot.

• Like 1

Why on earth would you want to use the Bang Na - Trat highway to go from Bkk to Pattaya unless you're riding a bike? Just take Hwy 7 all the way from Rama 9, past Suvanabhumi and down to Pattaya. There's some road works on the way but it's still a smooth run all the way there.

From the airport to Pattaya is about 100 km, easily done in 1.5 hrs without having to drive like an idiot.

Why on earth would you want to use the Bang Na - Trat highway to go from Bkk to Pattaya unless you're riding a bike? Just take Hwy 7 all the way from Rama 9, past Suvanabhumi and down to Pattaya. There's some road works on the way but it's still a smooth run all the way there.

From the airport to Pattaya is about 100 km, easily done in 1.5 hrs without having to drive like an idiot.

Not sure of that unless I'm missing something. You take bang na trad to the end then 361 til it merges with the 7....then you hit all the trouble. So 7 out of soi 0 sukhumvit takes thru the airport delay...is there still one? And you still hit the road work.

Not sure of that unless I'm missing something. You take bang na trad to the end then 361 til it merges with the 7....then you hit all the trouble. So 7 out of soi 0 sukhumvit takes thru the airport delay...is there still one? And you still hit the road work.

Isn't the bulk of the road works on the actual Bang Na Trat 361 till almost the Chonburi bypass? If you take Hwy 7 passing through the airport, you should have a straight run all the way down past Chonburi. Unless you are saying that there are now some new road works on Hwy 7?

Hmmm maybe it has all morphed in my mind into one big morass (great word, never get to use it much lol) and I am imagining it is all on the 7.

Going back tomorrow...always better returning...and will pay closer attention to road markers and landmarks

Isn't the bulk of the road works on the actual Bang Na Trat 361 till almost the Chonburi bypass? If you take Hwy 7 passing through the airport, you should have a straight run all the way down past Chonburi. Unless you are saying that there are now some new road works on Hwy 7?

There have been roadworks on the 7 mainly around the Lam Chabang area for a while now - been several previous postings.

They have dug up the main carriageway on both sides for a short stretch and everybody funnels onto new frontage roads - but with fairly sharp access and exit - so it slows everybody down.

They have also been "patching" parts of the 7 on either side so effectively closing the outside or inside lane for a short stretch adding further congestion.

Fortunately I have only had to use it mid morning/late afternoon during the week going to and from golf courses so have not really been held up in rush hour traffic.

• Like 1

Just went from Bkk to Rayong using the inner road, past Nakhom Phanat. A breeze of a ride, if a bit longer but well worth the extra distance. Sorry, can't show the route on google map as sending this from themipad and batt life down to 7%

• Like 1

• 4 months later...