Where Is Ur Favorite Restuarant And Pub?

sukhont

I found this websites from google search. Some of my classmates in Australia will come here for travel. I don't know much about the nice restuarants having some soft music in bangkok.

does anyone can give me some name of a good restuarant which is ur favorite. I don't think they can eat spicy food as i can so i should find some places for them.

and do u know any accommodation where can rent for only 1 month?

Thank you in advance.

I found this websites from google search. Some of my classmates in Australia will come here for travel. I don't know much about the nice restuarants having some soft music in bangkok.

does anyone can give me some name of a good restuarant which is ur favorite. I don't think they can eat spicy food as i can so i should find some places for them.

and do u know any accommodation where can rent for only 1 month?

Thank you in advance.

What kind of food you looking for , Western , Thai , Japanese , Chineese etc.

There are lots of hotels, but it would help if you gave an indication of price , location and ur expectation of service levels.

Thank you , Percy2.

I'm looking for Thai or western foods. Italian food is ok as well because one of my friends is Italian. the restuarant might be in Kaosan Road or sukhumvit areas. It can be others where we can go by car and have a car park.

OK, some "exotic" food

a) Bei Otto Sukhumvit Soi 20, Black forest and German food. Parking in front of the place, House No. 1 in the Soi, or opposite free in Windsor - Hotel

:D Next door Chesa, Swiss food, ample parking.

For either place might need a reservation during main dinner time.

Drive in from main Sukhumvit, neither place you can miss. :o

I'm looking for Thai or western foods. Italian food is ok

Ok. Heres a few suggestions around Khao San Rd. There is a great Japanese restaurant on KSR road run and owned by a Japanese guy. Fantastic and very reasonable. The best Japanese i've had in LOS. Its called Takatei. Its just accross from Buddy lodge and slightly up from the Sidewalk cafe. Look up for the sign. Also there is a good Italian not far from her also. Next to the Sidewalk Cafe. If you want Thai food. Try a little place not far from KSR. Its at the start of Samsen Soi 6. Great Thai food and great prices. A 10 minute walk from KSR or 5 by Tuk Tuk.(30 baht)

A lot of expats that are on a budget or low salary stay at Hi Tec tower off of Thong Lor (Sukhumvit 55). It used to be about 6 grand a month for a good room, ubc, air con fridge etc. They also have a pool on the roof and a crap gym. Cant remember the soi number but its opposite Camillan Hospital. I Would suggest the rooms are about 7 now.

For food, entertainment and nightlife, The Dubliner near soi 22 (Washington square) seems to cover all bases. Very entertaining live music, half price food for ladies on Wednesdays, cheap beer tuesdays quiz nights and a Sunday roast to die for. Its one a number of fine dining awards, the portions are very hearty and sensibly priced. The menu meets all your requirements too. The breakfast is undoubtably the best the city can offer!

For Som Tam Kai Yang you can do a lot worse than Log Cabin on Thonglor , next to Thonglor Benz.

Italian , L'opera Sukhumvit 39.

Japanese , well there's loads of great places but the Fuji chain is not bad.

For Irish / English , As before Dubliner (great quality) or Bulls Head (great value) Suk 33/1

American / Mexican (Tex / Mex) Woodstock Thonglor 13 , Roadhouse corner Suriwong /Rama 4

Bangkok now has a fantastic selection of resteraunts.

Place I like to eat near Sukhumvit.

Soi 2

The Beirut Restaurant in Ploenchit Center, next to the Villa supermarket.

Also on Soi 2 is Pendalasco Italian.

Grand Majestic Hotel. Great Buffet for 350. Great Italian too!

JWMarriot Bakery.

Soi 3 has more middle east fare.

Shirazidad?

Soi 4

Steak One,

Hillary Bar.

Checkers Bar for Fish+chips.

Sio 5

Gullivers,

Foodland

Soi 7

Outdoor Thai/seafood

Soi 8 has a bunch of places.

Pizzas, etc

Soi 11

German place and many many more.

Good Thai at Rosabieng across from Ambassador.

Joke Club-Chinese.

La Piola is down there too. Yum! best italian in bangkok.

Lemoncello.

Charlie Brown mexican.

Bed Supperclub and other trendy places.

Soi 12 area

Times Square has the best Chinese in town 4th floor.

Cabbage & Condoms Thai food.

Soi 14

Suda, Thai Food.

Also another nice looking Thai place in a great looking Thai House.

Soi 16 has a bunch though I never go there.

Soi 18 and 20 also loaded with restaurants.

Soi 22

Larrys dive and Bourbon St. are well known, Try the Cajun or Mexican.

Soi 23, Go look.

Soi 24

Emporium Food court or numerous places on 5th floor

Just past Soi 24 is a small Soi with SINGAPORE CHICKEN RICE,mmm

between Soi 32 & 34,

A cute cheap Thai place. 50 bt, good!

Soi 31

has some Italian places and more.

Soi 36

Great American Ribs.Mexican Monday eve. 199bt

Soi 38 has some of the best food stands around.

Soi 39

La Opera italian

Soi 49 is a good area to look.

Dulios Italian is just one.

Soi 51 has 2 european places at the end of Soi, excellent lunch specials.

Soi 55

Huge selection of restaurants. Trendy area.

Good Thai place at 55 /13. also look for the Singapore Chicken Rice acreoss the street.

Every shopping center has a food court. Buy a coupon and choose from dozens of kitchens.Nice.

The new Siam Paragon has a gourmet food Ct. on 4th floor and a load of food courts etc down stairs. They also has a deluxel supermarket.

Man all this is making me hungry.

Soi 49 is a good area to look. Dulios Italian is just one.

I second that. Dulio's is great. My favorite italian restaurant and I've been to loads over the 7 years I've lived in BKK.

I was very dissapointed with Dulio's.

I did like Vincenza (sp?) on soi 11

For Som Tam Kai Yang you can do a lot worse than Log Cabin on Thonglor , next to Thonglor Benz.

For Irish / English , As before Dubliner (great quality) or Bulls Head (great value) Suk 33/1

American / Mexican (Tex / Mex) Woodstock Thonglor 13 , Roadhouse corner Suriwong /Rama 4

A bit off topic. just curious. why u mix them up together? does Irish and English has the same taste?

hmmm... i wont ask about A/M tho...

repeat again. just curious.

A bit off topic. just curious. why u mix them up together? does Irish and English has the same taste?

hmmm... i wont ask about A/M tho...

repeat again. just curious.

I don't see much difference between the concept or food in in Irish or British themed pub.

Irish pubs sell english breakfast , english pubs sell guiness.

hmmm, all right.

sort of japanese restaurants sell korean food and vice versa...

i went to a restaurant at maboonkrong centre on the top floor, dont remember the name, its korean hot pot.

the time i ordered a hot pot, waitress asked me if i want sushi... quite a surprise. didnt expect for japanese food.

how about indian food? i recommend Himalaya Cha Cha, 50m off sukhumvit road opposite emporium.

how about indian food? i recommend Himalaya Cha Cha, 50m off sukhumvit road opposite emporium.

Guess you haven't been for a while.

Its now the Emporium car park!

Best Indian for me is the one in the Rembrandt hotel.

Can't remember the name.

My favorite pub/bar is the Barbican on Thaniya St. (Soi Japan) off Silom road.

The staff are nice and friendly plus the service is good. Wish other pub/bar are like that.

By the way The Bull's Head is another one I would recommend, for some reason the owner(s)

knows how to train their staff well. :o

ooooh la la

i guess i should observe bangkok a bit more to see what else has been changed.

i know, they r gonna open new airport soonish, if nothing goes wrong.

i know, Qbar still open with a good music.

i know, no such a good trance club in bangkok (without pricy admission).

and i know,..... hmm what else.

I like Dim sum in accordian group hotel on silom road, dont remember the name.

By the way The Bull's Head is another one I would recommend, for some reason the owner(s)

knows how to train their staff well.

Have to agree with this. Billy the manager is a top bloke and looks after the punters.

hmmm, all right.

sort of japanese restaurants sell korean food and vice versa...

i went to a restaurant at maboonkrong centre on the top floor, dont remember the name, its korean hot pot.

the time i ordered a hot pot, waitress asked me if i want sushi... quite a surprise. didnt expect for japanese food.

You'll never find Korean food in an authentic (read: Japanese-owned) Japanese restaurant. But you'll find Japanese food in a Korean restaurant. It's a culture thing...

A lot of expats that are on a budget or low salary stay at Hi Tec tower off of Thong Lor (Sukhumvit 55). It used to be about 6 grand a month for a good room, ubc, air con fridge etc. They also have a pool on the roof and a crap gym. Cant remember the soi number but its opposite Camillan Hospital. I Would suggest the rooms are about 7 now.

For food, entertainment and nightlife, The Dubliner near soi 22 (Washington square) seems to cover all bases. Very entertaining live music, half price food for ladies on Wednesdays, cheap beer tuesdays quiz nights and a Sunday roast to die for. Its one a number of fine dining awards, the portions are very hearty and sensibly priced. The menu meets all your requirements too. The breakfast is undoubtably the best the city can offer!

Agreed.

The breakfasts ..you can build your own, they have everything even Black Pudding.

The Waitresses are very polite, not to mention pretty, it now has just edged out the Bull's Head as my favourite Pub in BK..I was dissapointed with the food when I was there about 3 weeks ago, it is now better at The Dubliner, even though a tad more expensive (as is the beer).

have to agree with Jockstar about Billy at the Bulls head though. Top bloke, always a word and a handshake, even for the Mrs.....even remembers my name and asks after my son, even though I moved from BK 2 years ago....really nice bloke..but then he's a Londoner and we are ALL NICE PEOPLE

Edited by ThaiPauly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My favourite restaurant is Pan Pan on suk 33 but there is also one at lang suan which i have never been to. It is italian, run by thais and is really good at a very reasonable price.

Favourite bar is the Witch's Taver. Saturdays buy one get one from 9-11 is great. The band is good and the music is not too loud so you can talk. The prices for food are a little high, but i don't go there to eat. Also have large tv great for saturday epl games.

If you want to have PIES, Cornish Pasties and GREAT hamburgers try Big John's. It's not flashy but the food is great there.

Bobby's Arm in Silom 4 serve great fish N chips.

There's a bar and restaurant somewhere in Ekamai called Tuba. It is cosy, relaxing plus the food's great!

If you want Greek Food check in Ekamai as well. There's a Greek restaurant called Athena.

If you want great Italian Food go to Basillico or Pan Pans, somewhere across emporium.

Aight have fun!

Edited by GracelessFawn