Where Is Ur Favorite Restuarant And Pub?

sukhont

If you want to have PIES, Cornish Pasties and GREAT hamburgers try Big John's. It's not flashy but the food is great there.

Bobby's Arm in Silom 4 serve great fish N chips.

There's a bar and restaurant somewhere in Ekamai called Tuba. It is cosy, relaxing plus the food's great!

If you want Greek Food check in Ekamai as well. There's a Greek restaurant called Athena.

If you want great Italian Food go to Basillico or Pan Pans, somewhere across emporium.

Aight have fun!

After moving here from the biggest Greek populated city outside of Greece, Melbourne, the Athena restaurant isnt that good and the menu selection is pretty small

Just spoilt by that maybe just what i thought, havent seen any other Greek joints here tho.

Edited by bazmlb

Soi 49 is a good area to look. Dulios Italian is just one.

I second that. Dulio's is great. My favorite italian restaurant and I've been to loads over the 7 years I've lived in BKK.

I was very dissapointed with Dulio's.

I did like Vincenza (sp?) on soi 11

It's Venezia, just next to Bed Supper Club (great place BTW) and the food is excellent. The steaks are great and they also have a great list of fine italian wine...simply great, very friendly staff, they even have a very nice italian waiter, love to practice my italian with him.

Not exactly a restaurant or a pub but this new boardgame cafe i want to recommend does serve as a good hangout place especially for expats who stay here long-term. They have a big collection of imported board games I don't find them anywhere else in thailand. The collection ranges from the classics like risk, monopoly, clue to complicated German board games.

The place is on Silom rd, easily accessible by Saladaeng BTS. Their website is http://th.settlerscafe.com/eng

• 3 weeks later...
A lot of expats that are on a budget or low salary stay at Hi Tec tower off of Thong Lor (Sukhumvit 55). It used to be about 6 grand a month for a good room, ubc, air con fridge etc. They also have a pool on the roof and a crap gym. Cant remember the soi number but its opposite Camillan Hospital. I Would suggest the rooms are about 7 now.

For food, entertainment and nightlife, The Dubliner near soi 22 (Washington square) seems to cover all bases. Very entertaining live music, half price food for ladies on Wednesdays, cheap beer tuesdays quiz nights and a Sunday roast to die for. Its one a number of fine dining awards, the portions are very hearty and sensibly priced. The menu meets all your requirements too. The breakfast is undoubtably the best the city can offer!

Mate,

you must be talking about the Irish Xchange. :o

For Som Tam Kai Yang you can do a lot worse than Log Cabin on Thonglor , next to Thonglor Benz.

Italian , L'opera Sukhumvit 39.

Japanese , well there's loads of great places but the Fuji chain is not bad.

For Irish / English , As before Dubliner (great quality) or Bulls Head (great value) Suk 33/1

American / Mexican (Tex / Mex) Woodstock Thonglor 13 , Roadhouse corner Suriwong /Rama 4

Bangkok now has a fantastic selection of resteraunts.

A bit off topic. just curious. why u mix them up together? does Irish and English has the same taste?

hmmm... i wont ask about A/M tho...

repeat again. just curious.

I don't see much difference between the concept or food in in Irish or British themed pub.

Irish pubs sell english breakfast , english pubs sell guiness.

English Breakfasts do not have Irish Soda bread or Potato bread do they now, so yes, the tast is different. :o

A lot of expats that are on a budget or low salary stay at Hi Tec tower off of Thong Lor (Sukhumvit 55). It used to be about 6 grand a month for a good room, ubc, air con fridge etc. They also have a pool on the roof and a crap gym. Cant remember the soi number but its opposite Camillan Hospital. I Would suggest the rooms are about 7 now.

For food, entertainment and nightlife, The Dubliner near soi 22 (Washington square) seems to cover all bases. Very entertaining live music, half price food for ladies on Wednesdays, cheap beer tuesdays quiz nights and a Sunday roast to die for. Its one a number of fine dining awards, the portions are very hearty and sensibly priced. The menu meets all your requirements too. The breakfast is undoubtably the best the city can offer!

Mate,

you must be talking about the Irish Xchange. :o

I think the food in the Irish Xchange is average tasting at the very best and over priced produce simply aimed at tourists. :D