FM: International community has more confidence in Thailand

webfact

FM: International community has more confidence in Thailand
By Digital Content

14119708991423-640x390x1.jpg

NEW YORK, Sept 29 - Gen Tanasak Patimapragorn, Thailand's deputy prime minister and foreign affairs minister, reports satisfaction with his attendance at the 69th UN General Assembly in New York.

He said that friendly nations were confident of the work of the Thai government that was leading the country to secure democracy as well as of Thailand's international role.

Gen Tanasak delivered his speech at the UN General Assembly on Saturday.

Afterwards he said that in participating he learned that all countries had confidence in and support for Thailand.

He said it was a good opportunity for Thailand to present its cooperation with the international community including its efforts to cope with global warming, the Ebola virus disease, terrorist acts and to promote sustainable development.

Gen Tanasak told the general assembly that Thailand needed to make some changes for its own security. He insisted that Thailand remained in its democratic atmosphere and ensured human rights and transparency and the Thai government would work for the security of ASEAN.

In New York Gen Tanasak attended ASEAN-UN and ASEAN-US meetings, met informally with ASEAN ministers and members of the US-ASEAN Business Council who, he said, expressed confidence in Thailand.

He also met UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and had bilateral talks with the Bahraini prime minister and representatives of several countries including China. He said that all countries expressed better friendship towards Thailand.

Norachit Sinhaseni, Thai ambassador and permanent representative to the UN, said that attempts to explain the necessity to take charge of national administration by this government reduced the number of parties that misunderstood Thai situations.

Many countries praised the Thai government for creating stability and peace in the country, he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-09-29

More chest beating from the afflicted. He's got to say something after all the money spent on his travel, 5 star hotel, fine wines and his gambling account whilst 'down the road' in Atlantic City.

Chances are only Communist or Junta controlled countries bothered to have any conversation with him.

NEWSFLASHY - NEWSFLASHY - NEWSFLASHY

While acknowledging having made great progress in instilling confidence in the International Community in general, the MoFA acknowledged that more time was needed to convince the influencial TVF anti-junta group of members. In what seemed a poor effort to mask anxiety and worries, the Minister told us he had faith though to be able to report progress how even minor soon.

Tongue-in-cheeky.

NEWSFLASHY - NEWSFLASHY - NEWSFLASHY

More chest beating from the afflicted. He's got to say something after all the money spent on his travel, 5 star hotel, fine wines and his gambling account whilst 'down the road' in Atlantic City.

Chances are only Communist or Junta controlled countries bothered to have any conversation with him.

That would include President Obama then. Do you think he's a communist or fascist cunningly masquerading as a democrat?

Chances are you're talking out your backside.

Of course the international community support Thailand's transition to democracy. Who wouldn't? It had not been seen for over 3 years so it is a welcome transition.

On the 26th of February Ban Ki-moon said there should be no place for violence by any side in resolving political differences and disputes. He urged all concerned to respect human rights and the rule of law. He strongly urges the parties to engage as soon as possible in meaningful and inclusive dialogue toward ending the crisis and advancing genuine reform.

This did not happen. The terrorists were still funded by the regime's terrorist wing. The rule of law was not respected with the terrorists killing and maiming with impunity on a daily basis. There was no respect for human rights with innocent citizens and children being amongst the bloody dead. None of Ban Ki-Moons comments were adhered to.

On the 20th of May Ban Ki-Moon called on all sides to work together to seek a solution to the prolonged political stalemate through constructive dialogue. He said the way to secure Thailand's peace and prosperity is through full respect for democratic principles and engagement in democratic processes. The Secretary-General urges all sides to exercise utmost restraint, refrain from any violence and fully respect human rights.

This did not happen. There was no peace dialogue achieved. Democratic principles were not respected which is why the protests by the majority began in the first place. No restraint was achieved with innocent people dying everyday while UDD terrorist supports clapped and cheered the deaths.

Then on the 22nd of May the Good General Prayuth forced the parties together after he said "The blood that spilt on the street is piercing my heart". After 7 months of innocent lives lost with not a single arrest by the terrorist funding government the Good General had to act. Bringing the parties together was a directive of the UN and Ban Ki-Moon. The General followed the UN's advice. Parties came together and steadfastly refused to diplomatically resolve the anti democratic ways fostered by the PTP (oh, yes I hear, elections!! haha. That's all I ever hear). This the endless violence would continue with impunity. Since any law abiding peace loving citizen could and would not allow a future of daily bloodt terrorist attacks the Good General further continued to follow the UN advice who asked for the rule of law to be respected. After the 24th of May it was. No more terrorist attacks. Arrests started to happen. Accountability was happening. Baby steps to democracy were being seen to happen.

This adherence by the General to Ban Ki-Moons advice has not gone unnoticed by Ban or the UN. In fact I remember Ban Ki-Moon encouraged and supported Fiji's return to democracy when Rear Admiral (Ret) Bainimarama met with Mr Ban a year ago in New York, promising that Fiji would have free and fair elections in 12 months time. Ban Ki-moon supported this and in his meeting on the 27th of September, he informed the secretary general that Fiji had faithfully delivered on that promise. Well done and it can be guaranteed that Ban will say the same when Thailand does as well.

What you say is true. The problem has arisen from the belief that having an elected government even if it is only representative of the minority will give you a good government.

When you believe that and know nothing about what is going on in the country and your only source of information is foreign networks who believe that elections will solve every thing the people will never realize how lucky Thailand is to have a General who truly cares about Thailand and did every thing he could to stop the indiscriminate killing. What probably was the last straw was that the PTP government's militant wing was being funded along with the terrorists by the PTP leader and refused to arrest any of them. The General even had all parties concerned come into a meeting to discuss what could be done. Only to have them say they would not do any thing to make the streets safer. At that point he told them they need not worry about it any more he would take care of it and he did.

Now many of the nations who were against them have seen the difference and listened to the PMs intentions and are fully behind him. They can not all come out publically and back him but behind the scenes they are supportive of the new government and it's intentions.

I have no idea but I am curious as to how many nations had Thailand on their travelers alert list prior to the coup and how many have them on the list today?

• Like 1

Of course the international community support Thailand's transition to democracy. Who wouldn't? It had not been seen for over 3 years so it is a welcome transition.

On the 26th of February Ban Ki-moon said there should be no place for violence by any side in resolving political differences and disputes. He urged all concerned to respect human rights and the rule of law. He strongly urges the parties to engage as soon as possible in meaningful and inclusive dialogue toward ending the crisis and advancing genuine reform.

This did not happen. The terrorists were still funded by the regime's terrorist wing. The rule of law was not respected with the terrorists killing and maiming with impunity on a daily basis. There was no respect for human rights with innocent citizens and children being amongst the bloody dead. None of Ban Ki-Moons comments were adhered to.

On the 20th of May Ban Ki-Moon called on all sides to work together to seek a solution to the prolonged political stalemate through constructive dialogue. He said the way to secure Thailand's peace and prosperity is through full respect for democratic principles and engagement in democratic processes. The Secretary-General urges all sides to exercise utmost restraint, refrain from any violence and fully respect human rights.

This did not happen. There was no peace dialogue achieved. Democratic principles were not respected which is why the protests by the majority began in the first place. No restraint was achieved with innocent people dying everyday while UDD terrorist supports clapped and cheered the deaths.

Then on the 22nd of May the Good General Prayuth forced the parties together after he said "The blood that spilt on the street is piercing my heart". After 7 months of innocent lives lost with not a single arrest by the terrorist funding government the Good General had to act. Bringing the parties together was a directive of the UN and Ban Ki-Moon. The General followed the UN's advice. Parties came together and steadfastly refused to diplomatically resolve the anti democratic ways fostered by the PTP (oh, yes I hear, elections!! haha. That's all I ever hear). This the endless violence would continue with impunity. Since any law abiding peace loving citizen could and would not allow a future of daily bloodt terrorist attacks the Good General further continued to follow the UN advice who asked for the rule of law to be respected. After the 24th of May it was. No more terrorist attacks. Arrests started to happen. Accountability was happening. Baby steps to democracy were being seen to happen.

This adherence by the General to Ban Ki-Moons advice has not gone unnoticed by Ban or the UN. In fact I remember Ban Ki-Moon encouraged and supported Fiji's return to democracy when Rear Admiral (Ret) Bainimarama met with Mr Ban a year ago in New York, promising that Fiji would have free and fair elections in 12 months time. Ban Ki-moon supported this and in his meeting on the 27th of September, he informed the secretary general that Fiji had faithfully delivered on that promise. Well done and it can be guaranteed that Ban will say the same when Thailand does as well.

Oh that brought a tear to my eye, mainly through laughter. Do you honestly believe the tosh you write?

By the way, it was suthep who said "The blood that spilt on the street is piercing my heart" on the 18th January, not Gen. Squiggle on the 22nd May.

The quote was part of a diatribe from the PDRC Lumpini stage, referring to a grenade that was thrown from a deserted building injuring 38 "protesters". The perpetrator of that event widely thought to be a member of the PDRC with much exposure on social media.

But hey, why let a misattributed quote get in the way of a fawning hagiography......................

Hear hear. The Mandela of the East spoke to the masses saying the people have suffered too much while the opposition clapped and cheered the deaths that made Suthep's heart pierce.

It is wonderful to see you have me off your ignore list now Fabie. Cheers.

I see this as a sign of reconciliation that will lead to true democracy.

I hope I can buy you a beer at the TV bar in Bangkok some time in recognition of the reform process returning true democracy to the people.

I do notice the typical signature UDD condescension is still a signature move of yours though your rubics cube interpretation ( articulation) is improving as I can understand somewhat what you are trying to convey.

Try to be peaceful and reconciliatory. It is more becoming.

Edited by djjamie

Oh that brought a tear to my eye, mainly through laughter. Do you honestly believe the tosh you write?

By the way, it was suthep who said "The blood that spilt on the street is piercing my heart" on the 18th January, not Gen. Squiggle on the 22nd May.

The quote was part of a diatribe from the PDRC Lumpini stage, referring to a grenade that was thrown from a deserted building injuring 38 "protesters". The perpetrator of that event widely thought to be a member of the PDRC with much exposure on social media.

But hey, why let a misattributed quote get in the way of a fawning hagiography......................

PS.

As per usual from the terrorist supporters I will say.

Any rebuttal on what I have highlighted?

The Ban Ki-Moon narrative?

The Fiji subject?

Or is that too hard to rebut?

Maybe stick with the belittling?

Edited by djjamie

First and most obviously--Fuji?

Regarding 'support for the coup from the UN and Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon:

"United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said he was seriously concerned by the military takeover. In a statement, Ban appealed "for a prompt return to constitutional, civilian and democratic rule, as well as an all-inclusive dialogue that will pave the way for long-term peace and prosperity in Thailand".

Meanwhile, the UN Human Rights Office said martial law and military orders being imposed might infringe on fundamental freedoms. Spokeswoman Ravina Shamdasani said: "We remind the authorities of Thailand's obligations under the international human-rights law, in particular the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which strictly limit the application of emergency powers."" http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/728697-international-community-slams-coup/?hl=%2Binternational

A rather transparent attempt at re-writing history there djjamie.

• Like 2

What a total load of trash... only in your dreams.

• Like 1

I think most of us do actually know that Thailand doesn't give a ----- about what the international community thinks about Thailand.

As far as Thailand is concerned, the flood of Chinese tourists will continue to increase in numbers, and no way are tourists from America and Europe going to go down in numbers. China will always be showing it's money for construction of infra-structure in Thailand, the Chinese know where a profit can be made.

And we know that America is pretending that it is not pleased with Thailand. America badly wants it's soldiers on Thai soil, it's the only bit of the South East Asia mainland that they can put their soldiers on. Thailand knows that it's Washington's job to come up with the gifts and presents needed for permission for those American soldiers on Thai soil.

About confidence. How much confidence does the 'international community' have in the Burma regime ? What about the regimes in Laos and Cambodia ? Vietnam ?

You're good because you're better than others, it's all relative, and surely, Thailand is streets ahead of it's neighbouring countries ??

• Like 1

Utter rubbish. At least you weren't bothering anyone else whilst writing all this out.

Secretary General statement of 22 May 2014, SG/SM/15871

Department of Public Information • News and Media Division • New York

SECRETARY-GENERAL, FOLLOWING THAILAND MILITARY TAKEOVER, APPEALS FOR PROMPT RETURN TO DEMOCRATIC RULE

The following statement was issued today by the Spokesman for UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon:

The Secretary-General is seriously concerned by the military takeover in Thailand today. He appeals for a prompt return to constitutional, civilian, democratic rule and an all-inclusive dialogue that will pave the way for long-term peace and prosperity in Thailand. The Secretary-General urges all parties to work together constructively, refrain from violence and respect human rights.

Edited by citizen33

Hear hear. The Mandela of the East spoke to the masses saying the people have suffered too much while the opposition clapped and cheered the deaths that made Suthep's heart pierce.

I hope I can buy you a beer at the TV bar in Bangkok some time in recognition of the reform process returning true democracy to the people.

I do notice the typical signature UDD condescension is still a signature move of yours though your rubics cube interpretation ( articulation) is improving as I can understand somewhat what you are trying to convey.

today we have the people of HK fighting for democracy and here we get ammart apologists defending a dictatorship clap2.gif

• Like 1

First and most obviously--Fuji?

Regarding 'support for the coup from the UN and Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon:

"United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said he was seriously concerned by the military takeover. In a statement, Ban appealed "for a prompt return to constitutional, civilian and democratic rule, as well as an all-inclusive dialogue that will pave the way for long-term peace and prosperity in Thailand".

Meanwhile, the UN Human Rights Office said martial law and military orders being imposed might infringe on fundamental freedoms. Spokeswoman Ravina Shamdasani said: "We remind the authorities of Thailand's obligations under the international human-rights law, in particular the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which strictly limit the application of emergency powers."" http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/728697-international-community-slams-coup/?hl=%2Binternational

A rather transparent attempt at re-writing history there djjamie.

Support for the coup? I said that??? What? Re-writing history? Where?

Completely agree with what you wrote. I never stated otherwise.

I stated what Ban Ki-Moon on the dates stated. I stated what the reaction to those statements were.

Come on. Try a bit harder mate.

today we have the people of HK fighting for democracy and here we get ammart apologists defending a dictatorship clap2.gif

That is where you are wrong. I will never ever defend the PTP. They are only 1/15 democratic. When they are 15/15th democratic then I will support them.

Edited by djjamie