any info on the building going up next to VT6 in Pattaya?

"I'm trying to find info on the new building going up next to VT6. Looks like it will block the sea view side of VT6."

Did anyone really imagine that the units on that side of VT6 would keep their view forever? I discounted that building after seeing it for the first time.

I suppose it isn't written in stone that whatever gets built on the empty plot has to be a high-rise, but it seems more than likely.

Maybe this topic should be in the Pattaya forum rather than Real Estate?

I asked on another forum and this was the response - the poster agreed I could share it here:

This is the area, approximatively 24,000 square meters (about 80m x 300m).

Ok so, thanks socrates for opening this topic, here are some of the informations i got previously on my side because i guess we were many to wonder what would be exactly the real estate project planned to be built next to VT6 :

It confirms first rumors i got a few weeks ago from people working in some agencies downstairs inside VT6 (Honey and Jasmina, to name them) about a real estate project which should start to be built next year. They also told me about a two levels project, lower height on Beach Road side (like 13-15 floors) and higher level on Second Road side (28 floors). That name 'Kantary' also popped up in the conversation but no one was able to spell it properly so i could not get further informations.

Now with the proper spelling i could start to search the web and guess what ? I have found this recent pdf where President of Kantary Hotels company is writing, i quote :

"For example, in Pattaya we plan to build a Cape Collection and Kantary Collection hotel on 24,000 square meters of land at the cost of around 3.5 billion baht. The Cape Collection hotel - our luxury brand - will have 70 rooms; the Kantary Collection hotel – geared towards long and short stay guests – will contain 250 rooms. All of the quality facilities and features of our hotels will be present at these two Pattaya properties; our Cape Collection hotel will feature the most opulent beachside bar in all of Pattaya,” said Navanukroh. "

http://www.kasemkij....dkantaya-en.pdf

It fits with the previous informations and 24,000 square meters seems approximatively the size of the empty land next to VT6 on Walk

"I'm trying to find info on the new building going up next to VT6. Looks like it will block the sea view side of VT6."

Did anyone really imagine that the units on that side of VT6 would keep their view forever? I discounted that building after seeing it for the first time.

I suppose it isn't written in stone that whatever gets built on the empty plot has to be a high-rise, but it seems more than likely.

There was always hope that the new building might be a low rise night market or something. I just saw the plans and looks loke the new building will be a total eclipse.

There was always hope that the new building might be a low rise night market or something. I just saw the plans and looks loke the new building will be a total eclipse.

Can we have sight of the same?

This was the obvious problem with VT6 from the start. A huge percentage of units were sold as "sea view" when it was obvious the view was something they couldn't possibly guarantee over the long run. Buyer beware.

I expect the value of at least half of the VT6 units to plunge accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...

When VT7 was built in Jomtien it blocked the seaviews of JCC . At first property values did decline in the short-term but now they have rebounded and are at an all-time high. The loss of views is damaging but vt6 is a wonderful location which is a plus of the most importance. Building a 5* hotel and being next to Central Festival has many advantages for both buyers and renters.

Looks like they are leaving room for another tower near 2nd road.

The open blocks on both Beach and Second are not part of the Kantary plot so if anyone builds a tower on those, it won't be Kantary.

They could always turn VT6 into Pattaya's first (and badly needed) multi-storey car park with the ground floor and mezzanine completely gutted and fitted out as the new city bus terminal and central meter taxi depot.

Does anyone else want some of what I am smoking?

• 7 months later...

The open blocks on both Beach and Second are not part of the Kantary plot so if anyone builds a tower on those, it won't be Kantary.

They could always turn VT6 into Pattaya's first (and badly needed) multi-storey car park with the ground floor and mezzanine completely gutted and fitted out as the new city bus terminal and central meter taxi depot.

Does anyone else want some of what I am smoking?

The space in front of the 15-story Kantary tower is too close to the shoreline to allow for a high-rise structure.

The space behind the 28-story Kantary tower could indeed see a high-rise built on it.

I also note that something is happening on the large empty plot on the other side of 2nd Road, nearly opposite.