DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

Just to throw another angle in here:

According to the confessions the Mynamar suspects stated that they raped and then killed the poor girl.

There is evidence from the crime scene photos that it is highly probable rape took place after death.

I cannot envisage a before and after rape but, anything is possible I suppose.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Burmese are in police custody but not, apparently, formally under arrest ?

The DNA HAS TO match, imagine having to release yet more suspects after all the song and dance !

DNA matches - you are reading too much into things. The to get an order from the court to formally charge them but in western terms they clearly are under arrest. A hint would be the fact they are in jail and were brought to the crime scene in handcuffs.

wow if this is the case then your friends need to report this to the uk police

blows the whole case apart

proves police are setting up

tell them to do it immediately , it could save 3 lives !

window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());

Yep, my friend definitely had the phone in her hand the next day, handed it over to the police and gave them the passcode
so why did your friend have hanahs phone?

did hannah give it to her before the murder?

From what I've just found out: the 4 girls went out together, one of them had Hannah's phone in her handbag (perfectly normal for some girls not to take handbags out). The police asked for the phone and the passcode the next day. The English girls left the island the next day and flew back to the UK, so the police were free to do what they wanted with the phone and the only people that knew about it were thousands of miles away.

Seems dodgy to me the interview with the friend was filmed.

Btw this isnt hannahs phone in the image..

post-222532-14123880643197_thumb.jpg

This pic shows that Hannah's phone was at police's hand when her friends were interviewed.

They have boldly made all these statements to the media. If they are so confident in their case, publicly show the DNA sample analyses to the public and have an INDEPENDENT agency verify them. This is an absolute frame up if they refuse to show indepedent results.

Agreed.

If this is a frame up then this is nearly as much of a tragedy as the original crime.

This will not be the first time ( one of many actually ) where the Thai police pin the crime on some innocent person or persons just so they can end the investigation and move on to their usual routine of doing what they do so well...which I will not mention because the website moderators are seemingly sensitive to critical comments about Thai people....even if the comments are the factual truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth....they are still obligated to also hide behind the façade....such is life in Thailand.

Who is there to represent the poor migrant workers and make sure, or at least try to make sure the police perform their work with the utmost care and diligence resulting in the apprehension of the real perpetrators of the crime.

Just sad, really sad that we see these sort of Thai Police investigations conducted the way that they are ending in the apprehension of the poor Thai worker(s) or poor migrant workers....as usual.

Everyone here on this forum has good reason to be suspect and critical of the Thai police and how they conduct their criminal investigations as they have a long history of sweeping the facts under the carpet and close the case to their satisfaction...no matter what the ramifications are...case closed...don't ask again.

On the other hand ...if ...if they have apprehended the real perpetrators of this crime, then good on them...but they are not heroes while they are doing what they are obligated to do while also diligently proving to everyone , if need be, that they have caught the culprits while they have irrefutable proof, as such, to be scrutinized by their peers.

The RTP have made a big 'play' about the 'conclusive' evidence they have and Hannah's 'phone is stated to have been found discarded behind the murderers' residence.

There now seems to be conflicting evidence as to just how the RTP obtained Hannah's phone. Surely a conclusive result would be achievable if Hannah's friend were to submit a signed affidavit to the police and press/media in the UK as to what she actually handed over to the RTP, as documented in the various videos and photos appearing here on TV? This might, I hope encourage the RTP to respond.

Edited by joebrown

The DNA HAS TO match, imagine having to release yet more suspects after all the song and dance !

DNA matches - you are reading too much into things. The to get an order from the court to formally charge them but in western terms they clearly are under arrest. A hint would be the fact they are in jail and were brought to the crime scene in handcuffs.

Charges have been laid. The boys signed a confession after tortute and under duress.

They have no legal representation until

Monday. They are in Samui prison and some are concerned that they will be murdered and it will be made to look like suicide as pressure and scrutiny over the set up is mounting.

Cell phone goes from Hannah's hand, to her friends hand, to the police, with the passcode that they requested, and then,

becomes evidence in the bushes behind suspects home?

I don't know what to say,

Very very very fishy that one.

And how do we know it's the same phone ?

After digging around i have found a few more photos to add credibility to Hannah's mobile phone stitch up.

attachicon.gifHannahMobile.jpg

Yes, why the obsession with the phone?

Do you have a picture of this phone when the police found it in the bushes? Show me that picture instead, maybe thats another phone.

Charges have been laid. The boys signed a confession after tortute and under duress.

Monday. They are in Samui prison and some are concerned that they will be murdered and it will be made to look like suicide as pressure and scrutiny over the set up is mounting.

"Maybe" they were interrogated improperly but if the DNA matches then ....

Dead or alive their DNA (and family members) is not going anywhere. Unless you suspect the police could go back in time and replace the DNA they collected at the scene and shared with Singapore ... it is just fantasy to believe these guys were set-up.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

"Maybe" they were interrogated improperly but if the DNA matches then ....

Dead or alive their DNA (and family members) is not going anywhere. Unless you suspect the police could go back in time and replace the DNA they collected at the scene and shared with Singapore ... it is just fantasy to believe these guys were set-up.

If it's fantasy why not let there be an independent test? The Burmese guys dna with the dna in the UK (from Hannah). There is still the matter of the condom at the scene!

Money, face & tourism (more money) is way more important than anything else in this country. The longer you live here the more you realise it

Edited by bruceybonus

well done!

and done in the Thai way!!

I love it!!!

it's one reason I stay, anaother reason I love this place.

Not sure what you are trying to say.You love it because things are done the Thai way.Take a couple of suspects to a private and secret place and bring them out when they confess. Yea I see what you mean-----good police work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh well...found the phone by the suspects...guess somebody has been planting evidence ( a foreigner off course )

Thai Police say however they are happy they have caught the killers and rapists and have DNA and CCTV evidence to prove it, plus Hannah's mobile phone, which they claim was found on their premises.

Channel 4 News (UK) just showed the "re-enactment" on the beach. After the "re-enactment" the police stated in an official release that Hannah's mobile phone had been found in the possession of the accused Myanmar boys.

Police General SOMYAT said on friday that investigators found hannahs mobile phone near wins living quarters on Thursday

Now to find a TV interview with them saying this instead of reading it in news reports...Im sure one will pop up on on youtube., then what are they going to say??????

who should we believe?

the people who tried to beat a taxi driver to confess, or friends of the raped and murdered girl?

post-214613-0-63465800-1412401331_thumb.

The ranks have now closed tight and the BiB will be rewarded.

Sadly, there is an inevitability to this investigation regardless of how much rhetoric there is

or how much pressure, international or otherwise, is brought to bear.

TIT

The rest of the world exists in a parallel universe.

Unfortunately, this is the way it is and will always remain so unless FINANCIAL pressure

can be instigated internationally.

Nothing else will open the eyes of the 0.1%.

I feel so sorry for the ordinary Thai people who are wonderful and do not reflect the xenophobia

and hatred that their ringmasters portray.

The DNA Allegedly from a milk carton,allegedly bought by the accused from a 7-11.

You guys need to check some Thai pages.

So that cigarette is compltely bogus?

There were ciggie butt's but the police have stated that when the two suspects raped hannah they shared a ciggarette and discarded it close to by.

For 2 people sitting drinking playing guitar over a period of time, you would there there would be more then 2 butts per person ? unless they arent big smokers......

post-221731-0-57050300-1412404890_thumb.

After digging around i have found a few more photos to add credibility to Hannah's mobile phone stitch up.

attachicon.gifHannahMobile.jpg

Yes, why the obsession with the phone?

Do you have a picture of this phone when the police found it in the bushes? Show me that picture instead, maybe thats another phone.

Yes, it's getting confusing for everyone. This is why the 'obsession' with the phone:

1. A poster here said that the police had asked Hannah's friends to enter the passcode into the phone so they could examine its contents. They had been holding the phone on the night of the murder. The poster's story isn't completely consistent, but the key point is that the police had the phone before the Burmese suspects were arrested. That's the claim.
  2. If you (understandably) doubt the story of the poster, there is the photo above of what seems to show the police interviewing one of Hannah's friends. A phone that looks very much like Hannah's on the desk... pink with a black cover. [While not unique, it's also not a generic black iPhone for instance] That would suggest that the police indeed had Hannah's phone some time ago.
  3. The police claim they found Hannah's phone in the possession of the Burmese suspects (at least that's what I've seen in some reports). That's clearly inconsistent with the 'indications' above... and it may suggest that the phone was planted at the workers' residence.

That's why this piece of the puzzle is important. It may be evidence that the workers are being railroaded...

If you go to 1.20 you can see it for yourself

So i'm confused about the work place(s) of the suspects. Some reports say they are laborers, one works in a restaurant, they work at AC Bar (didn't they DNA test all the workers at AC Bar? - which if that is right then either their DNA testing doesn't work or they don't know how to do it properly).

Also reports about their belonging's, some say nothing was taken, others say only Hannah's phone was missing.

Maybe the phone found in the bushes was David's and that's an error in reporting.

So i'm confused about the work place(s) of the suspects. Some reports say they are laborers, one works in a restaurant, they work at AC Bar (didn't they DNA test all the workers at AC Bar? - which if that is right then either their DNA testing doesn't work or they don't know how to do it properly).

Also reports about their belonging's, some say nothing was taken, others say only Hannah's phone was missing.

Maybe the phone found in the bushes was David's and that's an error in reporting.

there was another phone at the crime scene I recall seeing a photo a black phone near the clothes

Can anyone here contact Hannah's friend and ask if they really had a fight or a row at the bar before they left?

I'm friends with the girls she was with. Does it say there was an argument?

There was a lot of speculation / rumors / theory that they had got into an argument with some Thai that caused them to 'lose face' thus why the nature of the injuries to Hannah and David but has never been verified.

I remember a report saying she was getting unwanted attention by a Thai? guy while she was there as well.

Edited by lucaswallachia

keep finding journalists to reprint this to their reports, use titter, thai visa, bkk post, everywhere the are following the story is a contact person and an editor

twitter is good

google plus is good

faceook is good

the Thai message boards, best!

post-214613-0-26406200-1412407093_thumb.

post-214613-0-73643500-1412407101_thumb.

keep finding journalists to reprint this to their reports, use titter, thai visa, bkk post, everywhere the are following the story is a contact person and an editor

twitter is good

google plus is good

faceook is good

the Thai message boards, best!

The thing to keep in mind is errors of translation and also media organisations just making stuff up to complete their stories.