Alan Henning 'killed by Islamic State'

Lite Beer

Alan Henning 'killed by Islamic State'

A video purporting to show UK hostage Alan Henning being beheaded has been released by Islamic State militants.

The Salford taxi driver was delivering aid to Syria in December when he was kidnapped and then held hostage by IS.

IS threatened to kill him in footage last month showing the death of Briton David Haines, and in this video they threaten US aid worker Peter Kassig.

David Cameron said Britain would do all it could "to hunt down these murderers and bring them to justice".

The prime minister said the killing of father-of-two Mr Henning, 47, showed "how barbaric and repulsive" IS was.

"My thoughts and prayers tonight are with Alan's wife Barbara, their children and all those who loved him," he said.

"Alan had gone to Syria to help get aid to people of all faiths in their hour of need."

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29485405

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-10-04

Peter Kassig: US aid worker threatened in IS video

An American medical aid worker has been threatened by Islamic State (IS) in a video that appears to show the beheading of a UK hostage.

Peter Kassig is shown at the end of a video apparently showing the death of British taxi driver Alan Henning, and is identified as being possibly next.

The 26-year-old from Indiana has worked in Lebanon, Turkey and Syria to help victims of the Syrian conflict.

The BBC understands he was kidnapped when in an ambulance in Syria in 2013.

Mr Kassig's capture at the hands of IS was confirmed by the White House on Friday evening.

"At this point we have no reason to doubt the authenticity of the video released earlier today," said spokesperson Caitlin Hayden.

"We will continue to use every tool at our disposal - military, diplomatic, law enforcement and intelligence - to try to bring Peter home to his family."

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29485459

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-10-04

I really do hope non-muslims have stopped offering the aid like the latest victim Muslims were with him and released. These videos we see of family members begging for a life of a loved one are tbh a waste of time.

Send in the SAS and get rid of these scum. Is that not there job? I know the UK can only do this and it does not matter where the hostages are from, send and the guys and blitz the places where they are hiding.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Everyone in every country should be screaming, 'no foreign entanglements.'

It's an honorable service he provided, but he did it at his own risk.

When you assume the risk, you have no one to blame but yourself.

A foolish risk at that, which caused his family to suffer the most.

Normalcy bias kills many.

RIP

Confront your fears or live in them.

• Like 1

And yesterday in Melbourne I was handed a flyer by do Gooderstone and ask to sign a petition against the efforts to bring is is to account. They wanted me to sign allowing is is freedom to carry out thier religion . I laughed and then was abused as being racist war lover.

Seems Oz has been taken over mate and you are now a foreigner in your own country.

Rubbish.

Terrible end of life for Alan Henning - RIP.

• Like 2

I really do hope non-muslims have stopped offering the aid like the latest victim Muslims were with him and released. These videos we see of family members begging for a life of a loved one are tbh a waste of time.

Naming Radical Muslim Extemist Terrorists would be more convenient instaed of blaming the whole Muslim community... Edited by Thorgal
  • Like 2

Naming Radical Muslim Extemist Terrorists would be more convenient instaed of blaming the whole Muslim community...

Don't read more into it than what I said. He was taken because he was a not a muslim.

• Like 2

Naming Radical Muslim Extemist Terrorists would be more convenient instaed of blaming the whole Muslim community...

No naming ISLAM is more accurate than blaming anything or anyone else, or do these killers follow another book other than the koran that specifically instructs then to behead unbelievers and kaffir trouble makers in Islamic lands?

• Like 1

Don't read more into it than what I said. He was taken because he was a not a muslim.

IS had previously captured a large number of Turks, who were later released after 'negotiations'. Ransom of Muslims & non Muslims is a big money maker for IS. UK has accused some Western countries of paying ransom.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/isis-hostage-threat-which-countries-pay-ransoms-to-release-their-citizens-9710129.html

Monies were paid in Afghanistan to the Taliban by some ISAF member forces so they would not be attacked. Aid organisations paid money to the Taliban to get through supplies, have to hear if the same extortion of aid organisations is going on in Syria.

Edited by simple1

And yesterday in Melbourne I was handed a flyer by do Gooderstone and ask to sign a petition against the efforts to bring is is to account. They wanted me to sign allowing is is freedom to carry out thier religion . I laughed and then was abused as being racist war lover.

Pity do Gooderstone didn't fall down a little bit, a couple of times.....ahhh the good old days, no wonder they were happy to see me move along...... ;)

• Like 1

Everyone in every country should be screaming, 'no foreign entanglements.'

It's an honorable service he provided, but he did it at his own risk.

When you assume the risk, you have no one to blame but yourself.

A foolish risk at that, which caused his family to suffer the most.

Normalcy bias kills many.

RIP

Blame <deleted>?. You think he cut his own head off?

The whole point is that the risk shouldn't exist. But you blame the murdered for his "foolish risk"..... incredible. Sure;y the blame lay squarely with the barbaric scum that did this.

RIP Alan

I like the Thai logic,if he wasn't there,it wouldn't have happened.I am all for risk assessment,i would say too bloody dangerous,risk level 9.9 of getting kidnapped.You would have to stand out like a pork chop at a Jewish wedding.

You've more tolerance and control than me Chooka mate. I'm ashamed to say I would have abused them and probably ended up nicked.

But, really, the time has come to put an end to all this shit and the PC dogooder lot who want to let these clowns dictate their views to us.

Wonder how they would react if a radical organization suddenly appeared from nowhere and started kidnapping and beheading random innocent Moslems?

RIP - Alan. A man whose only "crime' was to have compassion, humanity and may Moslem friends.

• Like 1

Seems Oz has been taken over mate and you are now a foreigner in your own country.

Many Australian federal electorates have a heavy muslim voter base. The corrupt ALP let them in almost unchecked because they of course vote ALP. Australia is now suffering the consequences. I fear for Australia's future. Abbott is physically very fit but not mentally strong enough to do what plainly needs to be done.

Today we have this outrageous threat from the peace loving muslims that Australia has made welcome and supports with taxpayers hard earned money

[And there was this warning: “If the Australian Government is serious about reducing the terror threat locally, then it must review its foreign policy decisions with regard to this region."…

That sounds like an outrageous threat. Name one other ethnic or religious group here that warns Australia to change its foreign policies or face violence from its members.}

Muslims work you know and are therefore taxpayers also.They are only speaking the truth,for example stop indiscriminate bombing and killing kids and maybe Australians with family in those bombed out countries may not be radicalized.The West love a war,in somebody elses country,when it comes home,there is outrage.If you have any evidence of ALP corruption,hand it over to Capt.Australia,i'm sure he would love to open another Royal Commission and taxpayers expense,if not,stop spreading rumours.

Your right about one thing,Australia's future, but not for the same reasons as you.Your also right about Abbott.

• Like 1